What's new

AR-10 value

Jblack6527

Red Skull Member
Member Number
If this is the wrong place for this, or something I shouldn't be asking just delete it.

I have an AR-10 I've had since 2018, and I know what it was "worth" when I bought it, but I've been tossing around the idea of selling it and a friend at work would really like to have it. I think it's worth more than I paid, but I just want some other opinions so I don't screw him or myself.

Gun is as follows:
Aero precision m5 upper and lower with a Rainier Arms stainless match bolt carrier group, match wilson combat 16" recon barrel with a silencerco ASR quick mount muzzle brake, magpul angled foregrip, magpul mbus sights, vortex sparc ar red dot, BCM gunfighter mod 2 charging handle, rainier arms 45° ambidextrous safety, wilson/BCM mod 3 stippled grip, ra434 flat bow trigger with kns precision pins, cmmg buffer and spring, magpul STR stock with .75 buttplate, odin works 15.5" rail, magul ms4 sling, 4 magpul 25 rd mags and 250 rds of Aguila 7.62x51 nato ammo.

Rifle is in a pelican 1750 case.

I have $1500 in it, which I think was cheap even when I bought it.

What say ye?

It's worth what you can get for it or tree-fiddy, is the response you will get here. I searched a few AR10s and they range from $830 to well over $2500 with most being priced at ~$1300 and, remarkably, still in stock. I didn't price each component you listed and total it up, an assignment I will leave for the reader. Whilst it might be a higher end build (IDK) it is not a rare piece, not extremely popular (that's just one persons opinion of the AR10) and is not NIB. Add up your receipts, look at what's for sale and price it accordingly. HTH...

The 1750 is worth $200.

The current rate for the ammo is about a buck a round so there's $250

Mags are $20ea so there's $80

A Sparc is $200 and the MBUS are another $100.

Aero has a complete AR10 for just under $1500, with no sights and a standard birdcage flash hider.

If it's built exactly how he want's it and it's in perfect condition, I'd say $1800 - 2k wouldn't be out of line, he saves a few hundy, and you make a few hundy.

$2,000 would be a fair deal. He doesn’t have to wait to find ammo or do the upgrades you’ve done.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Glad to know I was in the ballpark area on value.

Top Back Refresh