What's new

Appetizer thread

2JZ

Member Number
We dont entertain much, but when we do, I'm in charge of the appetizers. Ive done the jalapeño poppers and stuffed mushrooms plenty of times. Have a birthday party coming up for my MIL. Looking for something a little different to try this time. Need some ideas!

One from me and one from my GF

Mine is a mushroom but different as it holds Escargot. I just use the canned escargot as it's pretty cheap and tasty. I'll bake the caps for a half hour or so at 350 just to draw out some moisture. when they are ready I'll toss a couple of snails into each one and add a little dab of fresh made garlic butter. Top them with mozza and bake again until the top is golden brown.

GF does a mini chicken and pineapple skewer. not much to explain with it but she does baste it with pineapple juics several times as it bakes.

We never have leftovers of either one.

Mrs Queso dip-

1 tube Jimmy Dean sausage, browned and drained.

1 block cream cheese

1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (drain liquid)

Combine ingredients in a pan on low heat. Stir until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended. Serve warm with tortilla chips :homer:

If I can get the recipe for the grilled, breaded, deep-fried artichoke hearts from the brewery I’ll post it up.

They are amazing.

Reactions: 2JZ
Easy peasy-

Unroll a package of Pillsbury Cresent rolls. Separate triangle pieces. Spread diced pepperoni and cream cheese in the middle of one, then put another one on top and pinch the edges closed. Bake til brown and enjoy. Judges will also accept Buffalo chicken, ham and Swiss, etc but pepperoni and cream cheese is so nom nom.

... Ive done the jalapeño poppers...

This kicks jalapeno poppers up xInfinityBillion and it's a lot of work but they crush. Caution - you will be asked to make them again more than you may be willing to commit.

I make these.

I make these.

I know what I’m doing with some of that salmon Mrs dad sent home from Oregon :smokin:
(need to smoke some first)

Moinks if you have a smoker. Meatball wrapped in bacon, throw on your favorite rub, smoke, baste in bbq sauce, serve.

Bacon wrapped little smokeys.

1 package of little smokeys
1lb of bacon
Brown Sugar
Toothpicks

Cut the bacon strips into thirds.
Wrap 1/3 of a bacon strip around 1 little smokey and pin in place with a toothpick. I try to wrap them as tightly as I can.
Place smokeys on foil lined baking sheet. You want the foil because you don't want to have to try and clean the baking sheet afterwards.
Sprinkle a decent amount of brown sugar on top of smokeys.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Flip smokeys over and sprinkle on more brown sugar.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes. The brown sugar should be melted and very stringy.

I serve them in a crock pot to keep them warm. I also use a crock pot liner because I don't want to clean that thing either.
You can make them the day before and keep them in the fridge until they go in the crock pot to warm back up.
I usually make a double batch anytime I make these. I've never had leftovers.

^ my neighbor makes the same thing and yea, they never stand a chance at whatever gathering they are doing.

Top Back Refresh