What's new

apimpdad's 95 Tacoma SAS

apimpdad

I hate everything
Member Number
Loc
Lakeland, FL
A repost from the old Pirate... looking to keep the thread and updates going

Quick recap of how I got to where I am today... Bought this truck bone stock with a blown motor back in 2014 for $1k... dropped in a salvage yard motor and all the usual stuff (clutch, Seals, gaskets) and got it road legal with only $3400 including the cost of the truck. It then got a 44 front with 35s and a tube bed, then switched the tube bed up and a few more sets of 35s, then an Atlas 4 went in with an exo cage, and then one-tons last year in 2019, so that's about where we are today.

Powertrain
3.4 V6
R150F 5-speed transmission
Atlas 4 speed 10.34:1 transfer case
Flowmaster cat
Resonator
Flowmaster muffler

Axles
08 Super Duty Dana 60
4.88 Motive Gears
Detroit Locker
Warn Hubs

08 Super Duty Sterling 10.5
4.88 Yukon Gears
Detroit Locker

Suspension
Front Custom 3-link
RuffStuff heims (1.25" and 7/8" heims)
Radflo 12" 2.0 Coilovers custom tuned by Brian @ 4 Wheel Underground

Rear Chevy 63" leaf springs
5" shackles
14" Bilstein 5125 Shocks
Traction bar

Steering
Toyota IFS box rebuilt and tapped for hydro assist
Sky Manufacturing chromoly flat pitman arm
Derale 12" heat sink cooler
Factory pump with extended resi
PSC 1.5"x8" ram
PSC hydro assist lines
Trail-Gear power steering hoses from pump to box
Jesse Haines Weld-on Crossover steering

Tires/Wheels
37x12.5R17 Maxxis Razr Tires
17x9 Vision 85 Soft 8 black steel wheels 4.5" BS
TMI rock rings

Other
Smittybilt 9.5 winch
Custom front plate hybrid bumper
Custom Tube bed
Dovetail/Bobbed bedsides
Rock Sliders
Tractor supply tool box
Hi-Lift and mount
Jerry can with holder
18" Radiator

Electronics/Interior
PRP Daily Driver suspension seats w/PRP mounting brackets
Raptor-lined Floor
Fire extinguisher with Drake quick release mount
Bussman fuse/relay box
Paranoid Fabrications switch panel
OTRATTW switchesr
Uniden PRO520XL CB radio

IMG_0254.JPG

Built a platform over the spare tire to strap storage boxes and coolers too. A few pics right after the tons swap and a couple mild wheeling pics

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

Nice work. Makes me not want to post my build. :flipoff2:

Hit the local off road park on Memorial Day weekend. This was the first real beating that the truck has had since the one ton swap. Had a blast, and ripped the traction bar mount off the rear axle. That cast welding didn't hold up, so back to the drawing board there.

IMG_1614.PNG

IMG_1613.PNG

IMG_1616.PNG

IMG_1612.PNG

IMG_1611.PNG

I am pumped to see your continuing this build. I just spent the last several days reading through your build on pirate and I want to see where this build continues

You're giving me a lot of baaaad ideas for my std cab V-6 Taco...Hmmmm
What are your thoughts on wheeling full width vs. stock width? How's the turning radius on a new 60?

Looks great btw!

Mine is spring under front shackle with FZJ80 axles. A total clusterfuck of parts amassed. :stirthepot:

Yea you're always on here talking smack and voicing your expert opinions so lets see it:flipoff2::stirthepot:

Yea you're always on here talking smack and voicing your expert opinions so lets see it:flipoff2::stirthepot:

I will in due time. Rear is done and the transmission is currently a pile of parts that I’m not sure how they go back in. :flipoff2:I’m waiting on a few parts for the front plus an FJ80 steering box. I would have to empty my garage to post pictures worth a fuck. I’m doing this in an HOA so I have to be covert about shit.

You're giving me a lot of baaaad ideas for my std cab V-6 Taco...Hmmmm
What are your thoughts on wheeling full width vs. stock width? How's the turning radius on a new 60?

Looks great btw!

I enjoyed wheeling both width axles honestly, but the full widths are better because they are wider/heavier, thus much more stable. The turning radius was great with the 60, better than it was with the 44 up front previously

But, all good things come to an end. Starting parting it out in November after a good 6 years of owning/wheeling it. I was planning on building something else, but I am not sure now. I got a good chunk of change for everything and I am looking to start my own business so the money will probably end up going toward that and putting a new roof on my house before the next hurricane comes through and destroys it :flipoff2:

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

Top Back Refresh