What's new

Anything crock pot…..

Cowboy63b

Rusty garbage hoarder.
Member Number
Loc
Deep East Texas
I’m looking for anything for a crock pot. My GF got me a Star Wars themed crock pot for my birthday yesterday, and I’m itching to use it.

I keep ground beef, boneless and skinless chicken breasts, various sliced cheeses, random canned beans/veggies, and assorted spices on hand regularly.

The cheaper, the better. Cause I’m a cheap bastard that likes to eat…..

Did chicken noodle soup today. Put the ingredients to chicken noodle soup in some time earlier in the day, except noodles the last ~30 Mins.

Stupid easy shredded BBQ chicken

Put chicken and some BBQ sauce in earlier in the day. Thays it

Teriyaki chicken

Chicken
Teriyaki sause
Carrots
Broccoli
Serve with white rice

Pulled pork

Seasoned pork butt
Cook
Thats it
Also can be crisped or reheated in a pan for killer tacos.

Crock pot is the best ever, almost impossible to fuck up. You're a pussy if you measure anything :flipoff2:

Did chicken noodle soup today. Put the ingredients to chicken noodle soup in some time earlier in the day, except noodles the last ~30 Mins.

Stupid easy shredded BBQ chicken

Put chicken and some BBQ sauce in earlier in the day. Thays it

Teriyaki chicken

Chicken
Teriyaki sause
Carrots
Broccoli
Serve with white rice

Pulled pork

Seasoned pork butt
Cook
Thats it
Also can be crisped or reheated in a pan for killer tacos.

Crock pot is the best ever, almost impossible to fuck up. You're a pussy if you measure anything :flipoff2:
x2 all of this

i use mine about twice a month or so

i like to put some A1 sauce on the top of a tri tip with potatoes/carrots/celery below it
i just randomly put spices on it to change it up each time :laughing: its never been anything but delicious

a few chicken breasts with taco/fajita seasoning is great for enchilada meat

x2 all of this

i use mine about twice a month or so

i like to put some A1 sauce on the top of a tri tip with potatoes/carrots/celery below it
i just randomly put spices on it to change it up each time :laughing: its never been anything but delicious

a few chicken breasts with taco/fajita seasoning is great for enchilada meat

We've done chicken and salsa also.

We always use thighs over beasts though.

Mexican Beef Roast

4-5 lb beef roast with excess fat trimmed
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cans (14oz) messican stewed tomoates
2 tablespoons taco seasoning

Put spices on roast
Pour tomatoes around roast
Cook on low/medium 6-8 hours
Roast is done when it shreds easily
Shred up in juices/tomatoes and put on tacos/sammiches

I did a crockpot beef and broccoli that didn’t turn out too bad.

We do roasts, potato soup, pulled pork in the crock pot . Don’t use as much as the insta pot. That thing gets used 5x as much.

Rack of ribs. Bottle of BBQ sauce. Done.

I did a crockpot beef and broccoli that didn’t turn out too bad.

We do roasts, potato soup, pulled pork in the crock pot . Don’t use as much as the insta pot. That thing gets used 5x as much.

Fuck yes, I forgot about potato soup!

Today is a little bit of an experiment. Someone left some of that generic "la Victoria" green sauce here. I put the whole bottle, plus some spices, chicken thighs and onions in. I'm thinking about adding shredded tortillas in the last ~30 Mins for some lazy enchiladas? Or just make burritos.

I also got some chuck roast to do the teriyaki deal in. Going to try it on yakisoba noodles instead of rice too.

I was eyeing other sauces at the store. Masala or curry chicken?

IMG_20220111_121054_01.jpg
IMG_20220111_121156_01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220111_121054_01.jpg
    IMG_20220111_121054_01.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Cut into half or thirds...

EDIT: And we like pork ribs, which are smaller than beef ribs.

I think ours is a smaller one anyway, we've talked about getting a bigger one.

Do you just keep checking it to see when it's pulling a bit, but not falling apart? Or fuck it and just eat it in a pile? :laughing:

Cut into half or thirds...

EDIT: And we like pork ribs, which are smaller than beef ribs.
I did some really good pork ribs in the insta pot in 45mins. They turned out pretty awesome for the lack of effort I put into them.

F79FD46D-15E0-4A7B-B97C-EBD96E569B26.jpeg

I think ours is a smaller one anyway, we've talked about getting a bigger one.

Do you just keep checking it to see when it's pulling a bit, but not falling apart? Or fuck it and just eat it in a pile? :laughing:
We put it in when we leave for work and eat whenever we get to it. 8 - 10 hours, I guess. I don't worry about over-cooking on warm, or even low. And, yeah, we have one of the bigger, oval crocks, not the round style.

We put it in when we leave for work and eat whenever we get to it. 8 - 10 hours, I guess. I don't worry about over-cooking on warm, or even low. And, yeah, we have one of the bigger, oval crocks, not the round style.

It's hard to over cook, I was just curious with ribs if you try to keep them somewhat intact so you can eat them traditionally, holding the bone with each hand. Or do you just let them fall apart?

Ours is oval, but seems small. Maybe I'm wrong.

I did some really good pork ribs in the insta pot in 45mins. They turned out pretty awesome for the lack of effort I put into them.

F79FD46D-15E0-4A7B-B97C-EBD96E569B26.jpeg

Instant pot is pretty awesome, I've yet to fuck with it, but my wife is pretty good at it. She said you have to typically use a lot more seasoning than normal.

Instant pot is pretty awesome, I've yet to fuck with it, but my wife is pretty good at it. She said you have to typically use a lot more seasoning than normal.
It’s a game changer for those of us who don’t have much time to make meals. It turns out some decent stuff with minimal time investment.

Attachments

• i-need-5-courses-and-each-course-will-be-ribs.jpg
    i-need-5-courses-and-each-course-will-be-ribs.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 42
Fuck yes, I forgot about potato soup!

Today is a little bit of an experiment. Someone left some of that generic "la Victoria" green sauce here. I put the whole bottle, plus some spices, chicken thighs and onions in. I'm thinking about adding shredded tortillas in the last ~30 Mins for some lazy enchiladas? Or just make burritos.

To update: this was actually really good. Basically like enchiladas without all the work.

I also got some chuck roast to do the teriyaki deal in. Going to try it on yakisoba noodles instead of rice too.

This was kinda meh. The meat was soaked in the teriyaki sauce for 2 days, then cooked for about 10 hours. Shredded it apart at about 9 hours. The meat had zero teriyaki flavor, so it was just like pot roast meat in a teriyaki dish :laughing: I'll just stick to chicken next time and leave the chuck roast for pot roasts. Noodles were also wierd might try putting the noodles in the crock pot the last 30 or so minutes like chicken noodle soup.

I was eyeing other sauces at the store. Masala or curry chicken?

Something different from all posted above.

I'll take the giant jar of sauerkraut that Costco sells and dump it in juice and all. Cut up a garlic coil or maybe a polish sausage and throw that all in too, those little smokies work really good for this too. For me I'll add a couple big spoonfulls of pickled peppers and just a little bit of caraway seed. Drop the lid on and let ot cook on low for at least 8 hours stirring a few times if you can.

Some people serve it as a side dish or will put it on top of mashed potatoes for me though it's pretty much the main event or will serve up with something like porkchops.

Got ribs the other day, going to give this a shot with some kinders roasted garlic BBQ sauce :smokin:

Ribs were pretty damn good, especially for slightly less than zero effort.

I bought that yellow curry and masala sauce the other day. Going to try it with chicken thighs and maybe throw rice in the last 30 Mins? Never done with rice with it, anyone have any tips?

Also, I remembered my wife did French dips last summer. The grocery store has thin sliced med rare roast beef that works bomb with it.

Could go for some fillet mignon or prime rib like the restaurant called the buffet @ the clarion in Reno had 20 years ago, but its not on my diet as ive been turned into a vegan to clean my arteries.

Roast Beef, Beef stock, Cabbage, carrots, potatoes, I like Beans and or Rice and what not. longer it cooks the better imo. I season mine own with habinaro flakes.

Wife made this recently.

Cracked chicken

4 boneless chicken breast
2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 - packet ranch dip seasoning
Crumbled bacon
Shredded cheese of your pick

Put the chicken on the bottom with cream cheese and ranch dip seasoning on top. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken when done and mix everything in the crockpot up. Top with shredded cheese and bacon. It’s good on sandwiches.

Top Back Refresh