What's new

Anyone running dot legal 33 inch KM2s?

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I want to go a bit bigger than the 31s on my KRX and am considering 33x10.50 km2s. I have seen them on a few SxSs but I dont know anyone running them. Any input?

do you have to go with a true truck KM3 to get DOT? I have UTV KM3 32s and they say NHS on the sidewall. I am not sure what the difference is since they look like a truck/Jeep tire.

Edit: I don't see a 33" in the UTV flavor. Are you talking about running a truck/Jeep KM3?

do you have to go with a true truck KM3 to get DOT? I have UTV KM3 32s and they say NHS on the sidewall. I am not sure what the difference is since they look like a truck/Jeep tire.

Edit: I don't see a 33" in the UTV flavor. Are you talking about running a truck/Jeep KM3?
Yes, a C load range dot legal tire. My KRX weighs about as much as my last samurai did so it makes sense to me. But I may be missing something.

i think the UTV carcass may be a little lighter.
everyone I know of with the KRX runs 35s.

I've been sort of interested in this as well. I'd like to run a 35x10.50. Seems like that size has pretty well disappeared in real truck tires but is common in UTV stuff.

Ain’t cheap or sticky, but the 35x10.5 KR2 (class 10 desert race tires) on my CanAm have been really durable.

I have my KM3s for NF fire roads and back road driving. They do surprisingly well as a trail tire and get around pretty good. Wear very well too.
if I only had one set of tires I would def run them

I don't understand why you would want to run lt tires on a sxs, they will rob power, ride rougher and not flex as well.

But I'm part of the sxs tires on Suzukis club....

Ain’t cheap or sticky, but the 35x10.5 KR2 (class 10 desert race tires) on my CanAm have been really durable.
I've been eyeballing them. These would be for my street legal TJ so less sticky would actually be desirable. It only gets driven 1-2k miles a year on the street though so they really don't need to be super cheap either. For this application good gravel road manners and decent on road snow manners are the most important.

Reactions: DMG
I've been eyeballing them. These would be for my street legal TJ so less sticky would actually be desirable. It only gets driven 1-2k miles a year on the street though so they really don't need to be super cheap either. For this application good gravel road manners and decent on road snow manners are the most important.
$600/tire is pretty steep...

Have a pair of 35x??x16 KM2's, 50% tread, anyone want them ?

I want to go a bit bigger than the 31s on my KRX and am considering 33x10.50 km2s. I have seen them on a few SxSs but I dont know anyone running them. Any input?
looking at the BFG website the 33x10.5x15 truck version is 56.3 #. The 35" UTV version is 52.4#.

Just an FYI...... A 33" BFG KM2 isn't going to be 33" tall. You may get lucky and squeeze 32.5" out of one if you keep it on a 6" wheel but other than that fuck those things.

Have you looked at the UTV Nittos? pretty sure they are a 33" tall but i think they are 9.5 wide vs the standard 10" wide utv tire. Buddy from GA runs them on his XPT4 and loves them. Said they do very well on dirt and rock. not great in the mud though.

Nitto Trail Grappler SXS looks like the 33" only weighs 45#. that's pretty good i think, looks like they run 1/2" short per their own website though.

Just an FYI...... A 33" BFG KM2 isn't going to be 33" tall. You may get lucky and squeeze 32.5" out of one if you keep it on a 6" wheel but other than that fuck those things.

i know im late to this, but anyway-

a sxs 32" bfg would be a way better choise and probably the same measured height. i run 32" sxs bfgs on my x3 and so far like them more than the maxxis libertys i was running.

3of the 4 liberties had holes in them after one season desert riding, north glamis, havasu, sand hollow hard fast riding. havasu, a side wall punture. sand hollow, sidwall, north glamis, was in the tread. sidewalls all took 4+ sticky plugs to get back to camp.

haven't ridin as hard or at the same places again yet with the bfg's. but i have been doing all of woods and logging rode rides in the PNW. and so far liking the bfgs better. cant say for sure they take the dessert better but they feel like they will.

Top Back Refresh