What's new

Anyone know where I can find a Ruger 77/44

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
The 7417 specifically. That is stainless with a threaded barrel. If you have one to sell or know of one at your LGS let me know. I’ll send you a box of ammo or buy you a star if you find one for a semi-decent deal.

Have you tried ordering directly from Ruger?

My LGS said Ruger doesn’t have any. I am hoping to find someone with one in stock or a private seller.

Ruger is a joke right now. I ordered a Mark iv target threaded. Took them 9 months to deliver. They shipped less than 40 according to their 4 distributors.

Ruger is a joke right now. I ordered a Mark iv target threaded. Took them 9 months to deliver. They shipped less than 40 according to their 4 distributors.

They have always been hit or miss for me... shame too since they make so many neat guns.

I have heard that Ruger is focusing on Marlin right now so it may be a while.

They have always been hit or miss for me... shame too since they make so many neat guns.

I have heard that Ruger is focusing on Marlin right now so it may be a while.
I have a friend whos family member works there. According to the family member Ruger is shipping out a shit ton of guns right now. They are looking to hire well over 100 additional people to keep up with demand. From what I understand they have 3 or 4 plants. NH, NC, and AZ. Each makes certain models and they are all running at capacity. I believe they do a run of a certain model then when the tooling needs redone or the parts for that model runs out they switch that line to another model. I didnt get into specifics into quantities per model but its more than 40 of any particular model. They also have far more than just 4 distributors. Those one's are the ones they make "distributor specials" for. Usually just designer furniture or colors.

I have a friend whos family member works there. According to the family member Ruger is shipping out a shit ton of guns right now. They are looking to hire well over 100 additional people to keep up with demand. From what I understand they have 3 or 4 plants. NH, NC, and AZ. Each makes certain models and they are all running at capacity. I believe they do a run of a certain model then when the tooling needs redone or the parts for that model runs out they switch that line to another model. I didnt get into specifics into quantities per model but its more than 40 of any particular model. They also have far more than just 4 distributors. Those one's are the ones they make "distributor specials" for. Usually just designer furniture or colors.
Do they work in the AZ facility?

The dealer I bought it from was pissed after 6 months. They called Ruger and the response they got was "we're pushing thousands of them out the door every day". So they called the 4 major distributors that handle Ruger, and between all 4 they had sold less than 40 of them in over 6 months, and they all had plenty on backorder. You can't tell me the little guys were selling thousands while the big dogs were sitting on backorders. Hell, they do full on custom runs for Davidsons every few years, and it's far more custom than colors.

They very well may have been pushing out tons of Mark IV's, but threaded target models are stupid hard to get. The tactical models are all over the place and easily available. They also aren't a big chunk of stainless. The 22/45 is everywhere, but it has a polymer frame, and just doesn't feel right.

Ruger is great, demand is just stupid and I'm sure their supply is crazy. Hell, they may just not have had any big stainless billets to machine for the target models.

BUT, for the CS to tell a customer "oh, we made thousands of those last week" and not be able to find them in any of the normal distribution channels tells me someone is reading a script and doesn't actually know what's going on.

Do they work in the AZ facility?

The dealer I bought it from was pissed after 6 months. They called Ruger and the response they got was "we're pushing thousands of them out the door every day". So they called the 4 major distributors that handle Ruger, and between all 4 they had sold less than 40 of them in over 6 months, and they all had plenty on backorder. You can't tell me the little guys were selling thousands while the big dogs were sitting on backorders. Hell, they do full on custom runs for Davidsons every few years, and it's far more custom than colors.

They very well may have been pushing out tons of Mark IV's, but threaded target models are stupid hard to get. The tactical models are all over the place and easily available. They also aren't a big chunk of stainless. The 22/45 is everywhere, but it has a polymer frame, and just doesn't feel right.

Ruger is great, demand is just stupid and I'm sure their supply is crazy. Hell, they may just not have had any big stainless billets to machine for the target models.

BUT, for the CS to tell a customer "oh, we made thousands of those last week" and not be able to find them in any of the normal distribution channels tells me someone is reading a script and doesn't actually know what's going on.
Im sure they meant thousands of guns in general not just that model.
According to my friends family, special models may be hard to find. They are doing what every business does, concentrating on their biggest sellers. When their production and supplies are maxed out they need to fill the biggest demand first. If the base model is produced faster and theyre selling every one they make its kind of dumb to stop production and waste the downtime to retool or whatever to make a small run of specialty models. It sucks but from a business standpoint it makes sense. Honestly I hope all the gun manufacturers are this busy its better than making a bunch and nobody buying. I will reach out and see if it is a materials issue or something else.

Im sure they meant thousands of guns in general not just that model.
According to my friends family, special models may be hard to find. They are doing what every business does, concentrating on their biggest sellers. When their production and supplies are maxed out they need to fill the biggest demand first. If the base model is produced faster and theyre selling every one they make its kind of dumb to stop production and waste the downtime to retool or whatever to make a small run of specialty models. It sucks but from a business standpoint it makes sense. Honestly I hope all the gun manufacturers are this busy its better than making a bunch and nobody buying. I will reach out and see if it is a materials issue or something else.

I have one now. Just a warning that you may be waiting a long damn time if ordering is the only option.

They're not the only ones, I ordered an X-5 Legion in December, still haven't seen it either.

Found one. It is really quiet with 44 special. Pretty quiet with magnums

20230604_160524.jpg

That could be fun. Is there room in the mags to get into some of the heavier bullets?

That could be fun. Is there room in the mags to get into some of the heavier bullets?
I think so but all i have is 240s now. I am looking for a mold for heavy stuff. There are some wheel weights at the shop.

I always wanted one of the semi auto one:smokin:

Never did get into casting. Thats one thing I have no problems buying
I used to reload with my grandfather. Step one was melting wheel weights. :laughing: I guess I don’t have to now. We used to cast round balls for 30/06 plinking loads. And a lot of .38 and .45 for the range.

Top Back Refresh