What's new

Anyone in on Dogecoin?

Thanks

I just checked and seen that...

Looking at the year long graph makes a guy sick... and also curious for the next dip.
I use Binance. Couldn't be easier. Download the app, link to bank to transfer your small amount of money, buy Doge, transfer out your bigger amount of money. :flipoff2:

from my emails late January 😬🔫

CC578D7E-8EC8-498A-B1EA-CA11FCF23D22.jpeg

Yea big red flag. rh holds your doge..
Yeah well when they screwed people over during the GME fiasco I wanted to transfer my account rather than sell my stock and avoid capital gains tax. Cant do that with crypto on there. Something to think about.

edit: not to mention a big draw for a lot of people to crypto is that its not the US dollar and is decentralized from our government and their fawkery.

kinda defeats the point if your forced to cash out back to monopoly money at the end of the day

Last edited:
Very true.

For the last few years or so I have been curious about the stock market and investing. It’s just something that was never taught to me and I really don’t know where to start when it comes to learning how to.
I'm the same way, really glad the stock market crash 2020 thread kicked off and i was convinced to actually put a couple real dollars into the things. I learned a whole bunch off a couple hundred bucks.

basically, just jump in with enough that you can lose it all and you will certainly get a lesson. everything is all made up and the points don't matter anyways. just don't get to thinking you've got anything figured out or that there is anything to know and you'll probably do very well!

You could be doin two chicks at one right now @ .65 :stirthepot:
yea big regret but hopefully I’ll recoup it on link and eth, I bought in before both started skyrockete. Bought back into doge on a crypto friendly platform at .12 but still fuck me That’s like 100k

That's glorious :laughing:

I couldn't imagine owning that much for a joke

yes, i also said the same thing about bitcoin when it first hit and was equally retarded cheap and easily mined

fuck buying dogecoin, just mine that shit!

Dogecoin was created by Jackson Palmer and Billy Marcus in 2013 as a joke. It was meant to mock altcoin by turning the internet doge meme into a cryptocurrency. Dogecoin’s value was significantly low, but Elon Musk, Tesla’s founder, tweeted about the cryptocurrency and the tweet went viral. It led to Dogecoin’s value going up by 18.5% in less than an hour from $0.003052 to $0.003433. He has also replied to a sarcastic tweet, saying that he only sells Doge.

Methods of Mining the Dogecoin​

Dogecoin is mined in two methods, either solo or in a Dogecoin mining pool. Solo mining is where one mine alone, while a Dogecoin mining pool is where several users combine processing power to boost the race’s chances to approve transactions. For one to be part of a pool, a fee is charged, and the rewards are divided equally among all members of the pool. If one is a solo miner, they get to enjoy the rewards alone. However, pool mining is normally advised over solo mining since the chances of earning rewards as a pool miner is higher than as a solo miner.

What One Requires to Mine​

For one to mine, there are certain things required. A computer with either Windows, Linux, or OS X programs is a basic tool for mining. Android devices are also used to mine Dogecoin. Secondly, a good internet connection is needed. A poor internet connection can delay one from mining, and if you’re not online, you’re not mining. A different miner could have a faster connection than you, which would put you at a loss since this will increase their odds at getting block rewards.

One also needs somewhere to keep their coins like a wallet. There are both software and hardware wallets. A wallet is an account used to receive and send Dogecoins and has a private key that allows you to access your coins. For example, Coinbase, a software wallet, and Trezor Model T, a hardware wallet. You can also use the official Doge wallet to store your coins.

The computer you use to mine also requires high electricity-generating power as mining Dogecoin uses much power. Coolers will come in handy since if a lot of energy is used, you will need to manage the heat produced. You might also require an ASIC (Application-specific Integrated Circuit), which is a mining tool. It is efficient since one does not need to download mining software and configure it. The ASIC is connected to the source of power and the internet, then the mining begins.

Mining Using a GPU​

Mining Dogecoin can be done using a Graphics Processing Unit(GPU). A GPU enhances a computer’s images and videos but can also be used for mining Dogecoin. You will need to configure a GPU mining rig or use one that your PC already has. After that, download a CUDAMiner or CGMiner depending on the type of graphics card you have, and then you can start mining. However, the CUDAMiner and CGMiner have been unreliable for some time for Dogecoin mining as they are ancient.

Mining Using a CPU​

Mining using a CPU is not advised if your CPU has low power. It could cause the computer to overheat and eventually lead to damage. Nevertheless, you can still use your PC if you want. Download a CPUMiner and set up all the personal information regarding your account, like your username, port number, and you can start mining.

Mining on Android​

Mining on your phone sounds like a pretty good deal, but it is not possible. A lot of electricity is required to mine Dogecoin. Android phones, unfortunately, do not have enough capacity to handle the mining of Dogecoin.

Mining on Mac​

You can only mine on Mac if your computer has an excellent GPU. However, it does not mean that the mining will bring profit as one competes with miners that have ASICs. It is not advisable to try this on your Mac since it could run very hot and lead to damage or even reduced life span. Using a CPU or GPU is always a better idea than using a Mac.

Solo-mining Dogecoin​

Mining of Dogecoin is not easy, even if one is mining in a pool. The only way to succeed at mining solo is if you have many ASIC devices. You will require a lot of power, which would mean looking for a place with cheap electricity or even free electricity. Even with adequate electricity, mining solo would take you a long time to get rewards. However, the rewards you get will all be yours, but the profits could be used to cater to the electricity bill. It is, therefore, not worth mining alone.

Conclusion​

Today, Dogecoin goes for $0.002806. Dogecoin’s value has risen by 1.45% in the past 24hours, and the daily movement chart shows that $137,360,575 worth of Doge was traded.

article from august 2020

If I understand correctly Robinhood doesn’t let you transfer your doge or crypto out to any other wallet like you can stocks. You don’t get your wallet address or access. Your only option is to sell. still been reading about people being plagued with problems during peak trading spikes. I wouldn’t use those assholes
Who would you use?

Supposedly RH is “working” on a wallet design :homer:

Musk bad joke: " great time to buy dog money, plenty of it as I sold all of mine, yesterday... "
When did he say that and whats your source? They just interviewed him on the street about his SNL skit and it wasnt any BUT positive.

I use Binance. Couldn't be easier. Download the app, link to bank to transfer your small amount of money, buy Doge, transfer out your bigger amount of money. :flipoff2:
Easy my ass...

Gave them all my info and now it won’t accept the DL pics for final verification.

My DL upload failed a couple time now that I think about it. I just kept trying a few times and it went through.

Up another 700 ish today. Insane.

My DL upload failed a couple time now that I think about it. I just kept trying a few times and it went through.

Up another 700 ish today. Insane.
Got past that part, now I need a utility Bill pic for address verification..,

And I have spent a hour trying to figure out how to convert and save a pic into a jpg...

I have been watching and waiting for a dip all week and the fucker just rockets to the moon!! :beer:
I keep setting limit buys just a bit to low. Always like 4-5 cents off the dips. I should have just bought in at market a while ago.

I finally said screw it and tossed $100 at it this morning. I know, big spender..... :laughing: :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh