What's new

Anyone here with ring rolling equipment?

YJBrian

Member Number
I'm working on a project with my father and trying to find someone who can fabricate a set or a few sets of rolled rings. Looking for sets of rings with 33 and 36 inch outer diameters from 3/8 diameter steel bar. Anyone here do this sort of work?

:smokin: Thought about the Harbor Freight roller as well. Not sure I need my own just yet:dustin:

I've got a slip roll that'll do 3/8 round.

If you mean square stock, it'll probably do it, but it likely won't be nice and flat.

Where are you located?

Sure, but it might not help...

116036.jpg

I'm working on a project with my father and trying to find someone who can fabricate a set or a few sets of rolled rings. Looking for sets of rings with 33 and 36 inch outer diameters from 3/8 diameter steel bar. Anyone here do this sort of work?
I've got a variety of powered ring rollers, in different diameters.
I suspect you do to.

rolled on wheel 3.png

Last edited:
Right, location is paramount here:homer:

Brownsburg IN
Yes, Brownsburg - need the parts in Zion IL and am willing to pay to have the parts shipped.

Thanks for the leads so far. I'm not really interested in making/buying tooling for a one off project, mostly trying to help my dad source the parts. I've got enought unfinished projects here to keep me busy :homer:

this a joke? 3/8 round bar is stupid easy to roll. bend it around a tank thats close to the right diameter...

try rolling some 3/8" x 3 flat bar the hard way, then youll need proper equipment.
No joke, don't really have the time to mess with this at home. Hoping to catch a lead on someone/some place that can do this affordably. I've committed to making a few other parts of this project, so the plate is full for now.

Yes, Brownsburg - need the parts in Zion IL and am willing to pay to have the parts shipped.
Zion, IL. Been a long time since I've heard of that place. Helped a guy work on a unimog up there many years ago. His parents had a garage full of MB midgets if I recall correctly. No leads on the rings. There's a metal place here that does them, but doubt that would be much help to ya. Good luck.

this a joke? 3/8 round bar is stupid easy to roll. bend it around a tank thats close to the right diameter...

try rolling some 3/8" x 3 flat bar the hard way, then youll need proper equipment.
How big is your final part? Can't just laser/plasma it out of plate?

How big is your final part? Can't just laser/plasma it out of plate?
only done flat bar the hard way for one job. a landscape path handrail. they had flat bar for the top rail. not a tight radious

i have an eagle roll bender, a cp30.

cp30-ms_1.webp

Last edited:

Thanks for the leads so far. I'm not really interested in making/buying tooling for a one off project, mostly trying to help my dad source the parts. I've got enought unfinished projects here to keep me busy :homer:

No joke, don't really have the time to mess with this at home. Hoping to catch a lead on someone/some place that can do this affordably. I've committed to making a few other parts of this project, so the plate is full for now.
Local high school shop class?

Top Back Refresh