What's new

Anyone here run the Milwaukee 18v fuel chainsaw?

Andrew

Resident Redneck
Member Number
I'm looking for a smaller saw to carry down the very steep banks of my property. I have been using my Husky 357xp, but a smaller, do not have to mess with gas seems kinda nice for quick work/limbing.

I have also been eyeing the Stihl 170, but I already have an assortment of Milwaukee 18v fuel stuff....

Check out Project Farm on YouTube. He made a video comparing a bunch of cordless chainsaws. They all seem to die after 8 cuts.

I have one and don't really care for it. It leaks bar and chain oil way more than my stihl ever did. I bought it to replace a MS251 that got stolen. I don't use it often, but when I do, I am cutting up fallen oak limbs. I have a 9.0 battery for it and it does ok, but for roughly half the price, I'd rather have a MS170 and deal with the possibility of a carb getting gummed up.

The Dewalt has been more robust among my people who have both. It will be fine for light duty and if you already have Milwaukee power then it's a no-brainer.

GAS FTW.

I have one and its great for what i use it for. I carry it for getting to and from work after high wind days and in my truck when wheelin. Its great not dealing with hauling gas around or trying to get it started after it sits for a year. The 12ah batteries that came with it last way longer than i need them to. I got rid of the narrow bar and chain that came on it and put a normal width oregon bar and chain on it, night and day cutting difference.

I've got one, cuts good just like any chainsaw with a new blade but the battery doesn't last as long as I was lead to believe. It's handy for carrying on the Tractor when I need to hop out from time to time to cut a down log or trim a branch, although it is kinda bulky for that purpose. It's got it's place for sure, but don't buy one for your primary saw if you cut any amount of wood at all. It'll never compare to a gas chainsaw.

The dewalt kicks ass. I can limb trees and buck wood (average 4-6") for 8 hours with 4 5amp batteries....

My neighbors 16" bar harbor frieght cordless cuts faster and smoother but i dont know about batterey time

I was just at my buddy's house cutting down a tree today. He has the whole Greenworks lawn and garden kit with the fancy 40v batteries. My 38cc $130 Walmart special out works it in every way but not by that wide of a margin. His saw is light and quiet so all the times we only needed one saw running at once we used it. He went through the better part of two batteries over the course of the day. His also consumes bar oil a ton faster than any chainsaw I've ever seen. If you don't have a chainsaw and need a chainsaw you should get a $100-150 big box store special.

I have one. Does fine for what I use it for.
Just don’t try sport a beard and flannel shirt whilst using it. 😀

chinese top handle 25cc zenoah g2500 clone saw
it'll run circles around those overpriced toys

get one, they're 80 bucks to your door
make sure they don't screw you with one that doesn't have a bar and chain included
they call for 25:1, I just drop a bit of bar oil in before I dump in my normal 32:1 gas

[486 said:
;n369127]chinese top handle 25cc zenoah g2500 clone saw
it'll run circles around those overpriced toys

get one, they're 80 bucks to your door
make sure they don't screw you with one that doesn't have a bar and chain included
they call for 25:1, I just drop a bit of bar oil in before I dump in my normal 32:1 gas

Ummm... I have regular husky saws

A battery saw is very handy for pruning shit

I dont cut wood enough to own a gas saw. If I need to I just borrow one of my dad's fifteen chainsaws. A few years ago I picked up the milfawkee on clearance for pruning trees here and there, throw it in the truck when I go wheeling or up to the cabin.

Son of bitch leaks bar oil like crazy though. If you need something for light duty they work fine. They also make a lot less noise than a gas saw. :evil:

Anybody have the milwaukee weed eater? I have a small yard and use a pos corded one. I was thinking if I came across the milwaukee for a good price I might buy one.

Anybody have the milwaukee weed eater? I have a small yard and use a pos corded one. I was thinking if I came across the milwaukee for a good price I might buy one.

Now that took I like. It runs long enough on one 5ah to trim the front and make it most of the way around my back yard.

Yes. That thing is perfect for my 1/4 acre suburban lot. 5ah battery gets me about 80-90% of the way there. 8ah has juice leftover even if I get all detailed about it.

I have been eyeballing those as well :smokin:

Awesome I saw them on sale during the spring previously. I'll have to keep an eye out this year.

Yes. That thing is perfect for my 1/4 acre suburban lot. 5ah battery gets me about 80-90% of the way there. 8ah has juice leftover even if I get all detailed about it.

How much frickin trimming do you do? Skip mowing and just trim the entire thing? I can usually do my similar sized yard several times on a single 5ah charge with my Dewalt trimmer.

milwaukee-cordless-chainsaws-2727-20-64_600.jpg

I think they messed up on the layout. Looks super bulky for what it is. I prefer milwaukee, but this looks way better imo.

DCM565N.jpg

Honestly, I'd just get the bad boy m18 Sawzall and a few bad ass pruning blades.

I think they messed up on the layout. Looks super bulky for what it is. I prefer milwaukee, but this looks way better imo.

Honestly, I'd just get the bad boy m18 Sawzall and a few bad ass pruning blades.

What size bar on that Milwaukee? Because the Dewalt you pictured is the small 12" saw.

I did the sawzall/pruning blade a few weekends back and have the blisters to prove it.

Dumb ass me I was not wearing gloves and it got my thumbs where they rub the freakin handle

By the time I noticed the blisters, they were pretty bad, and still had more to do...so, they got worse.

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if they scarred.

I wish the milwaukee had the same layout as that dewalt but if you already have milwaukee it would be stupid to mix brands unless you use it all the time. The milwaukee is not a replacement for a gas saw if you have a lot of work to do. I have a dead pine tree with about a 16 inch trunk, i will be burning it. That is about as big as i would take down and cut up with the milwaukee. If it was oak i would probably bring out one of my gas saws. It is no more powerful than a cheap box store electric but 100 times handier.

I just bought a dewalt pole saw, 8' 20v pretty impressive, I had a 4amp battery and a 5 amp came with it, trimmed about 15 trees switch batteries mid way thru when i took a break not knowing how long they would last. final trees were 3 pin oaks that shit is some hard wood, larges branch took all the blade, but it ate right thru it, best part of the saw is the angled blade I can almost 1 hand it to cut limbs where my gas pole saw is straight and takes 2 to get the pressure on the blade, did not run out of battery.

How much frickin trimming do you do? Skip mowing and just trim the entire thing? I can usually do my similar sized yard several times on a single 5ah charge with my Dewalt trimmer.

I use it to edge the sidewalk and driveway so that takes some time. The 5ah batteries are about 6 years old so they might be showing their age.

Yea, you'll take my 372xp from my cold, dead hands. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh