What's new

Anyone have a Samurai clutch alignment tool I can borrow?

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I’ll pay for shipping and send it back when I am done.

Why not just align the disk as you tighten the pressure plate like all the cavemen before you???
it's not a 25# behemoth
edit
for those that don't know....
Set the plate and cover in place loosely set cover bolts, look in at pilot bearing and roughly align plate,
Now the fun part....:flipoff2: Stick yer finger in the hole:lmao: and float the plate till centered and tighten some bolts down to trap it....

Last edited:
6T3J6lK.jpg

Why not just align the disk as you tighten the pressure plate like all the cavemen before you???
it's not a 25# behemoth
edit
for those that don't know....
Set the plate and cover in place loosely set cover bolts, look in at pilot bearing and roughly align plate,
Now the fun part....:flipoff2: Stick yer finger in the hole:lmao: and float the plate till centered and tighten some bolts down to trap it....
I am doing it in the corner of my shop with the trans ratchet strapped back for clearance. Your way sucks even if you have more than 3 inches clearance but you do you, caveman :flipoff2

Make sure you nail down those bolts from the flywheel. Mine kept loosening up over time. No idea why, but they never stayed in. Perhaps you're supposed to Loktite them? :confused:

Reactions: DMG
Make sure you nail down those bolts from the flywheel. Mine kept loosening up over time. No idea why, but they never stayed in. Perhaps you're supposed to Loktite them? :confused:
Common knowledge to loctite the bolts on small displacement long stroke engines. They produce more vibration than a larger short stroke motor.

Common knowledge to loctite the bolts on small displacement long stroke engines. They produce more vibration than a larger short stroke motor.
huh. well. this information would have been handy ten years ago. :laughing:

I bought a kit that does everything.

It has different alum cones.

Works great, paid like $30 for it
This is true but essentially useless because locktite melts at at a much lower temp than the average samurai clutch/pressure plate/flywheel after the first obstacle

This is what mine looks like, have not found a clutch that it wouldn't work on.

I was sick of always buying the plastic one each time I did a different car

71d-xtgvvzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fedex does not pickup here till monday so I shipped it usps, s/b there mid week.

Awesome man, thank you. Is it ok if I buy someone a star?

Suit yourself, glad to help out. this place has helped me with tech a bunch of times.
:smokin:

I got it man. Thank you. Now I got to decide who to buy a star

Just a tip that's worked for me in the past.

Assemble pressure and clutch, tighten pressure bolts only to the point the plate will not move on its own, but can be forced around.

Take a 3/8 extension, insert it and rotate it 360. ( like you are stirring chili, with NO beans )

The shaft will float over the splines and center the plate.

Tighten the flex.

Milage may vary, but got us off a trail.

Top Back Refresh