What's new

Anyone getting ads on here?

Poopyface

Member Number
This started showing this morning. Never had ads on this site since I joined.

photo12479.jpg

None, but I never saw an ad on pbb either... adblocker ultimate, privacy badger, ublock origin are your friend.

Yes, Numbskulls will see ads at the very bottom for now. They should be out of sight for any real forums usage.... unless you read all the way down to the footer on every page. Thats all you'll see until next week because I'm about to 'Merica up my weekend.

Why?
I have several people itching for Blue Skulls, over the next week I will be testing ads on various place on the site. I'm not about to VS up this place. We, as a community, will have to decide whats an acceptable level and acceptable placement of ads for the Blue Skulls.

If you haven't read about what a Blue Skull is, they are (in a nutshell) heavy tech contributors who will get to place their ads on their articles or threads. They are the Billavistas of the world and I want to help them make some dough for their contributions to the forum because lets be honest, those type of articles/posts etc area a lot of work and THEY should be rewarded for it.

Since most people only skim posts .... I'll say it again .....

We're not about to VS this place up with ads!

as long as there's no popups, pop unders or vigilinks in the fucking text it will be fine.

Is it feasible to pay with a check mailed to you. I refuse to sign up again for the fiasco that was paypal but I'd like to support the new site.

Is it feasible to pay with a check mailed to you. I refuse to sign up again for the fiasco that was paypal but I'd like to support the new site.

actually yeah, me too.. I'd like to send a check also

Go to the Irate4x4 Store here: https://irate4x4.com/store/

You can now pay for a red skull using a CC. No more excuses....

And to the OP...... How about you pay up for a skull or STFO. What the fuck do you expect for free from a place you obviously do not feel the need to support. :shaking:

Edit: Who the fuck doesn't have a CC or debit card nowadays??? Fuckouttaherewiththatcheckbullshit

Go to the Irate4x4 Store here: https://irate4x4.com/store/

You can now pay for a red skull using a CC. No more excuses....

And to the OP...... How about you pay up for a skull or STFO. What the fuck do you expect for free from a place you obviously do not feel the need to support. :shaking:

Edit: Who the fuck doesn't have a CC or debit card nowadays??? Fuckouttaherewiththatcheckbullshit

Nancy PLEASE :garfield:

well when I paid off my credit cards, I cut them in to tiny pieces..

I don't like to use my debit card..

like I said.. I would prefer to send a check..

when i paid off all my credit cards,

i applied for more.

youre doing credit wrong bruh

well when I paid off my credit cards, I cut them in to tiny pieces..

I don't like to use my debit card..

like I said.. I would prefer to send a check..

do tell me what you think the difference is between mailing a check and using a debit card.

and no, I would not expect austin to give out his mailing address so people could mail him a check. it's 2020 bud, you're on the internet, that's how shit works here.

do tell me what you think the difference is between mailing a check and using a debit card.

and no, I would not expect austin to give out his mailing address so people could mail him a check. it's 2020 bud, you're on the internet, that's how shit works here.

Someone should point out to ArTi54N that his bank account # is on the bottom of every check he hands out. :eek:

:flipoff2:

I use my phone mostly when surfing here. The only time I see any ads is if I rotate my phone horizontally.. then I get a banner ad in the upper right.

Screenshot_20200705-160508_Samsung Internet.jpg

Saw the first ad yesterday, I also noticed ads do not cover the majority of my viewing window. No complaints here.

Whatever it takes to float this place is fine by me. I don't see any ads on my laptop, haven't checked in on my phone yet. Even if Austin needs to display a few ads that I am forced to see, I'll continue hand over $ to keep this place alive.

Thank you Austin. :beer::beer::beer:

Whatever it takes to float this place is fine by me. I don't see any ads on my laptop, haven't checked in on my phone yet. Even if Austin needs to display a few ads that I am forced to see, I'll continue hand over $ to keep this place alive.

This. Hell, I'll disable adblocker if it makes a difference?

What's the difference between red yellow and blue skulls?

Red Skulls get more perks, access to private forums and see very limited ads.
Blue Skulls (not implemented yet) are tech writers, they get to have their own ads on their pages to which they directly profit.
Yellow Skulls are vendors

This. Hell, I'll disable adblocker if it makes a difference?

I run ad blockers for 99% of the sites I visit as well, I have very few I don't run it on and thats just to support them. I'm not about to tell anybody how to mange their web experience, but I'll mention two scenarios related to this site.
  1. The ads at the top (if you're logged in) are promoting vendors who directly participate on this site. Not just some random ad service sticking whatever up there. I feel like they deserve the recognition and, dare I say, the space in your mind so you remember them first when you need something.
  2. Blue Skull's ad profits will go to directly to their pockets. So now that ad blocker is not helping them for their efforts. I may implement one of the common adblocking counter measures on their pages so their ads are seen, but I'm not 100% on that yet. I may add another membership that takes a portion of the yearly fee and splits that up among the Blue Skulls to even block ads on their pages. I'm still working through this but everybody's user experience being my highest priority. It's new territory, I haven't seen it done in a community setting like this so I'm always open to any thoughts or advice.
The bottom line is white listing ads on this site will only help those participating in this community. I realize how cynical this sounds coming from me so I'm not about ask that people do it right now. When traffic really kicks up and Blue Skulls are doing their thing .... parts of the site may be off-limits to all memberships running ad blockers. Again .. always open to thoughts/opinions.

Unblocked, because this needs saying a bit louder:

The ads at the top (if you're logged in) are promoting vendors who directly participate on this site. Not just some random ad service sticking whatever up there. I feel like they deserve the recognition and, dare I say, the space in your mind so you remember them first when you need something.

Red Skulls get more perks, access to private forums and see very limited ads.
Blue Skulls (not implemented yet) are tech writers, they get to have their own ads on their pages to which they directly profit.
Yellow Skulls are vendors

I run ad blockers for 99% of the sites I visit as well, I have very few I don't run it on and thats just to support them. I'm not about to tell anybody how to mange their web experience, but I'll mention two scenarios related to this site.
  1. The ads at the top (if you're logged in) are promoting vendors who directly participate on this site. Not just some random ad service sticking whatever up there. I feel like they deserve the recognition and, dare I say, the space in your mind so you remember them first when you need something.
  2. Blue Skull's ad profits will go to directly to their pockets. So now that ad blocker is not helping them for their efforts. I may implement one of the common adblocking counter measures on their pages so their ads are seen, but I'm not 100% on that yet. I may add another membership that takes a portion of the yearly fee and splits that up among the Blue Skulls to even block ads on their pages. I'm still working through this but everybody's user experience being my highest priority. It's new territory, I haven't seen it done in a community setting like this so I'm always open to any thoughts or advice.
The bottom line is white listing ads on this site will only help those participating in this community. I realize how cynical this sounds coming from me so I'm not about ask that people do it right now. When traffic really kicks up and Blue Skulls are doing their thing .... parts of the site may be off-limits to all memberships running ad blockers. Again .. always open to thoughts/opinions.

Very thoroughly thought out. 🍻

Top Back Refresh