What's new

Anyone Else Watching The Freedom 500 PPV?

Elwenil

Heathen
Member Number
Loc
Virginia
Seemed to be off to a good start but after they stopped everything after Heavy D went full retard the stream died. Anyone else watching? Is the stream still going?

I wish I would have got it through the Summit racing deal. Good lineup, I was wondering if anybody would screw it all up being a tard.

Whistling diesel needs to be told he isn't welcome back

Meh, he didn't do much. He did jinx himself and get last which is funny. Heavy D was a dangerous nuisance though.... Glad Kevin won and not one of the pros. Wonder what happen to Derick (VGG). He was cooking in the beginning.

Meh, he didn't do much. He did jinx himself and get last which is funny. Heavy D was a dangerous nuisance though.... Glad Kevin won and not one of the pros. Wonder what happen to Derick (VGG). He was cooking in the beginning.

Yea as annoying as whistling diesel is heavy d needed to get pulled out of the race immediately. That dumb fuck was out there doing nothing but causing issues the whole time.

Derick was tearing it up, I was rooting for him big time after the last time he got a bum car and he was tearing it up.

Kevin was always right there and finally capitalized and came out ahead.

I'd be happier if neither Heavy D nor Whistling Diesel showed back up. The issue Garrett is going to have in the future is morons he invites are going to keep doing dumb shit until someone gets hurt. If I were his insurance company rep, I would terminate his policy over last night's stream. It's just too disorganized and he seems to be relying on too many "friends" to run the show and too many morons see it as a free-for-all place for them to do dumb shit. He's going to have to lay down some rules and take a hard stance on doing ignorant shit. The idiocy of people passing during qualifying, cutting through the middle of the course, getting out of their cars and walking down the track while the rest are under green, trying to hit or spin out the pace van during a caution, and the weirdness of trying to dash across the track to get out to the "pits" is beyond stupid. The appeal is to have a more relaxed racing environment where dumb shit can happen, but I think over half the field wanting to top the others in doing that dumb shit is going to burn the whole thing to the ground.

In addition, apparently some people bought tickets to go to the race in person and were turned away because their wasn't enough seats. So either someone can't count for shit, or people were being let in without tickets. Either way, that shit should have never happened. I think there are supposed to be temporary bleachers set up for Cleetus and Cars today, so maybe that will mean more seats, but I would be fucking pissed if I bought a ticket, drove/flew all that way to see it and got shut down at the gate.

As for the win, I am glad Kevin won. He seems like a decent guy who knows his shit. I enjoy watching his channel and his coverage of the T/A series Viper and his fab work on Mullet. He has some interesting ideas that have elevated Mullet way beyond the likes of Ruby and Leroy. I am curious how much longer Garrett will keep up the "dumb redneck Cleetus" act if he starts getting actual professional race cars built for him like Mullet.

I didn't, but I'm curious who Heavy D was and what he was doing.

I didn't, but I'm curious who Heavy D was and what he was doing.

Dave Sparks, the lead guy from the "Diesel Brothers" show. He run off cutting through the center of the track, he got out of control and t-boned the Whistling Diesel guy and generally made a nuisance of himself.

After I watched Cleetus' last video begging people to watch the PPV I decided not to. He is at the point where he can continue to just be another moron with a Youtube channel or take the next step to becoming a respected industry guy, but it doesn't seem like he knows what to do.

I think it's safe to say this F500 was a shitshow. The stream was garbage, (couldn't even watch), and it sounds like I didn't miss much.

I'm sure there will be some lessons-learned on this one, and I'm curious to see what will change going forward.

The begging stuff is annoying, but I get it; he has a TON of overhead and the upgrades to the track aren't cheap. I enjoy the content and support his efforts.

The redneck schtick can begin to fade already; he's a cool guy and can just be himself.

I'd be happier if neither Heavy D nor Whistling Diesel showed back up. The issue Garrett is going to have in the future is morons he invites are going to keep doing dumb shit until someone gets hurt. If I were his insurance company rep, I would terminate his policy over last night's stream. It's just too disorganized and he seems to be relying on too many "friends" to run the show and too many morons see it as a free-for-all place for them to do dumb shit. He's going to have to lay down some rules and take a hard stance on doing ignorant shit. The idiocy of people passing during qualifying, cutting through the middle of the course, getting out of their cars and walking down the track while the rest are under green, trying to hit or spin out the pace van during a caution, and the weirdness of trying to dash across the track to get out to the "pits" is beyond stupid. The appeal is to have a more relaxed racing environment where dumb shit can happen, but I think over half the field wanting to top the others in doing that dumb shit is going to burn the whole thing to the ground.

In addition, apparently some people bought tickets to go to the race in person and were turned away because their wasn't enough seats. So either someone can't count for shit, or people were being let in without tickets. Either way, that shit should have never happened. I think there are supposed to be temporary bleachers set up for Cleetus and Cars today, so maybe that will mean more seats, but I would be fucking pissed if I bought a ticket, drove/flew all that way to see it and got shut down at the gate.

As for the win, I am glad Kevin won. He seems like a decent guy who knows his shit. I enjoy watching his channel and his coverage of the T/A series Viper and his fab work on Mullet. He has some interesting ideas that have elevated Mullet way beyond the likes of Ruby and Leroy. I am curious how much longer Garrett will keep up the "dumb redneck Cleetus" act if he starts getting actual professional race cars built for him like Mullet.

They are trying to mock the strictness of Nascar with the antics. WD was a an actual contender in the last race and from his interview sounded like he wanted to be more serious this time... until the other dude took him out. There was much less preservation of cars this time around as evidenced by only 13 cars being on the track at the end even after all the backups. The issue was the idiots blew theirs instantly and went and blew up the backups too whereas those actually racing that had an issue or got crashed by someone else didn't have the backup option anymore (James and VGG) I think there should be rule to the lines of a you have to make it to X number of laps before you earn a backup. The bumping the pace van was just for hyping the crowd. Although I did like that the drift guy who was still running but out of contention got bored toward the end and started drifting the turns instead of racing. The issue being is if the race gets too serious, then you just have another boring event of watching skittles circle the toilet bowl.

Both Cleeter and WD have an act, but when they are more genuine they are much more interesting. I think Cleetus is at his best when he is being in awe of his grass or the motorhome. Rebuilding the FF was some of his best videos. Heavy D coming in and disrespecting the FF as his personal playground was insulting to Cleetus and everyone that feels invested in the process.

Both Cleeter and WD have an act, but when they are more genuine they are much more interesting. I think Cleetus is at his best when he is being in awe of his grass or the motorhome. Rebuilding the FF was some of his best videos.

I got away from watching his stuff because they were just hackjobs with the cars and it was not interesting or entertaining most of the time. But after he got the track I started watching again and I completely agree that his content is much more interesting when he's doing that stuff. I can't get over the amount of money he's spending right now. I don't know if he just got a giant line of credit or what happened a year ago, but I am worried for him and I hope he doesn't screw it up.

I got away from watching his stuff because they were just hackjobs with the cars and it was not interesting or entertaining most of the time. But after he got the track I started watching again and I completely agree that his content is much more interesting when he's doing that stuff. I can't get over the amount of money he's spending right now. I don't know if he just got a giant line of credit or what happened a year ago, but I am worried for him and I hope he doesn't screw it up.
According to the guys that calculate this stuff, he makes $4-7000/day on youtube ad revenue alone. That's before sponsorships, ppvs and merch sales. As far as the FF, I think Motion Race works, TX Speed, and a few others helped him acquire it. Honestly its just amazing how much a guy that started out by filming exhaust whistles has come.

Just posted that he will be offering refunds to anyone disappointed in the stream... Standup guy.

For what I pay to watch his daily videos I will continue to watch and enjoy.

Eh, the stream was pretty fucked in the beginning with a lot of breaks in the stream before the race, then it died completely for about 10-15 minutes, which is when I posted this thread. After that it came back and was fine to watch for me and only got a little pixelated here and there, which may have been my shitty ISP. During the break nothing seemed to have happened as they were still not racing when I got back to it, so I am not going to ask for a refund. I got what I paid for so far, so not worried about it. I'd say the problems with the drivers and seating/tickets are more of an issue with the Freedom Factory's future than the stream quality.

I'm curious if Bowman left the race in a seemingly fine car (it came back in with PFI Brent in it) because he didnt want to risk getting wrecked and injured by some other dumbfuck smashing into everybody

I'm curious if Bowman left the race in a seemingly fine car (it came back in with PFI Brent in it) because he didnt want to risk getting wrecked and injured by some other dumbfuck smashing into everybody

That's a good point, it wouldn't surprise me if he tapped out for personal protection.

It seemed like the guys were still in the shop bandaging cars back together a bit, a couple cars came back out after being wrecked.

It seems most of the comments in that latest cleetus2 vid are positive and mostly point out the fucktardation of heavyd.

I used to watch heavy d YT channel. Done with that shit.

shit, I missed it

It'll be up in a week or so for free on youtube just like the other big events.

It's interesting watching the competitors videos, I subscribe to a good part of the field that have youtube channels. Murder Nova's part 1 is an interesting view on it, Taylor Ray's is a good play by play. I'm really looking forward to the vice grip garage video, he was killing it and got fucked right in the ass.

It'll be up in a week or so for free on youtube just like the other big events.

It's interesting watching the competitors videos, I subscribe to a good part of the field that have youtube channels. Murder Nova's part 1 is an interesting view on it, Taylor Ray's is a good play by play. I'm really looking forward to the vice grip garage video, he was killing it and got fucked right in the ass.

I'll have to check out Taylor Ray's recap. I don't follow his stuff very closely but I have enjoyed his content in the past

It was a lot of fun being there in person watching it. It was worth the trip out there.

Whistling diesel needs to be told he isn't welcome back

Dave Sparks, the lead guy from the "Diesel Brothers" show. He run off cutting through the center of the track, he got out of control and t-boned the Whistling Diesel guy and generally made a nuisance of himself.

I have no idea what jerry springer shit yall are watching, but if it has anything to do with those attention whores, I'd rather listen to :gary: talk about scotus than watch.

None for me, thanks. I was a fan of Cleetus until they started doing the PPV thing. I'll still watch an occassional video, but I'm fairly divested of interest at this point.

Garrett just proposed too.

Top Back Refresh