What's new

Anyone else think this is a crock of sh!t? "State of the Union Threat"

spaceman

Member Number
Seems like another far-reaching, thin explanation for keep all the fences and national guard and other folks around the capitol, and that they will continue to invent reasons for keeping them there going forward.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...te-of-the-union-threat/ar-BB1e1fQ1?ocid=ientp

Capitol Police chief: Security will remain high due to State of the Union threat

By Kyle Cheney 3 hrs ago
The Capitol Police is keeping its security posture high in response to intelligence that indicates some extremists who joined the Jan. 6 insurrection have discussed plans to attack the building during the State of the Union, Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman revealed Thursday.

The chatter among extremists about trying to blow up the Capitol during the still-unscheduled presidential address, Pittman said, has prompted the Capitol Police to maintain the elevated presence it has kept since last month's riot. Any decrease in the police's posture, she said, would come after the threat passes and other gaps identified in the aftermath of the Capitol siege are resolved.

"We know that members of the militia groups that were present on Jan. 6 have stated their desire that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible, with a direct nexus to the State of the Union," Pittman said during testimony to a House Appropriations subcommittee.

"Based on that information," she added, it's "prudent that Capitol Police maintain its enhanced security posture until we address those issues going forward."

Pittman said existing intelligence has underscored that insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol "weren’t only interested in attacking members and officers. They wanted to send a symbolic message to the nation as to who was in charge of that legislative process."

While authorities are aware of future attacks being discussed by the militia groups that attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, it's unclear how developed or serious the intelligence around those plans may be. President Joe Biden's first State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress is not expected to be scheduled until after approval of his pandemic relief package.

Pittman, who took over the force after her predecessor resigned, raised the issue after she was pressed by multiple lawmakers as to when fencing, razor wire and National Guard units would be removed from the Capitol security posture. Rep. Jamie Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) said the enhanced measures “makes the seat of democracy look like a military base.”

The discussion came after Pittman also added new elements to the timeline of the lapses during the insurrection that have complicated the version of events told by Capitol security officials who resigned in the wake of the insurrection. Pittman said she pulled former chief Steven Sund’s phone records and confirmed he reached out to the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms at 12:58 p.m. and 1:05 p.m., respectively. Sund has told lawmakers that he first reached out at 1:09 p.m. — a timeline that one former sergeant-at-arms disputed in Senate testimony this week.

Pittman’s disclosure, made during a House Appropriations Committee subpanel hearing Thursday on the security fallout from last month's riot, upends the timeline that Sund and other former top Capitol security officials provided to senators about security lapses. And it adds a new layer of confusion about how the communication breakdowns occurred as supporters of Donald Trump stormed the Capitol.

Former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving told senators he did not hear from Sund until 1:28 p.m. and that no formal request for National Guard assistance was lodged until after 2 p.m. Pittman's testimony appears to back up the narrative shared by Sund, who resigned shortly after violent insurrectionists threatened the presidential transfer of power.

That discrepancy between former officials' recollections of their response is an early, defining element of the investigation into the handling of the insurrection. And Sund’s recollection appeared suspect, since video of Irving on the House floor at 1:09 p.m. seemed to confirm his account. But Pittman’s revelation suggests Sund may have reached out to Irving 11 minutes earlier than previously understood — and to Irving's Senate counterpart, Michael Stenger, a few minutes after that.

Senators have requested phone records from the officials to nail down this aspect of the timeline.

On Thursday, Pittman and acting House Sergeant-at-Arms Timothy Blodgett echoed a refrain first advanced by other former officials to senators: that the security failures of Jan. 6 were the result of inadequate intelligence provided by the FBI, Homeland Security and other agencies, as opposed to a misreading of the available intelligence.

Lawmakers on the panel made clear they’re still furious about the apparent failure of the Capitol Police to fully safeguard Congress. Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), chair of the Appropriations subcommittee, said he was incredulous that the agency was “so lacking and ill-prepared” for the violence that unfolded that day, particularly when many of the insurrectionists detailed their plans in plain sight on social media.

Ryan also noted that the intelligence security officials had, even if limited, still pointed to a risk of significant violence on Jan. 6. A last-minute request by Sund for more helmets underscored that he anticipated danger to officers, Ryan noted.

“I for one am at a loss to understand how your intelligence report — and then later as the mob walked 16 blocks, growing in size and aggressive demeanor — failed to impact the Capitol Police security posture,” Ryan said.

Beutler pressed Pittman and Blodgett about why House members were left stranded on the House floor even while the Senate was being evacuated.

House Appropriations Committee Chair Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) said her view is that the Capitol Police Board — the four-member entity that oversees day-to-day Capitol security and includes the chief, the sergeants-at-arms and the architect of the Capitol — failed on Jan. 6 and has shown itself to be obsolete.

“It’s like your appendix. It’s just there. It doesn’t have any real function,” DeLauro said.

DeLauro also pressed Pittman for an update on the investigations into 35 officers for alleged misconduct on Jan. 6. Pittman said they’re still ongoing, though they typically last 60 to 90 days. Pittman committed to reporting the results out once they were reached.

In addition, Pittman confirmed that she considers the death of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who died by undisclosed causes shortly after the Jan, 6 insurrection, a “line of duty” death. But under questioning from Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.), Pittman declined to apply that same label to the death of Officer Howard Liebengood, who reportedly took his own life days after the attack.

“I can’t speak to that at this time, ma’am,” Pittman said. “It’s still under active investigation.”

Wexton pressed Pittman about the Capitol Police’s refusal to hold public press briefings in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack, and she urged Pittman to commit to holding them in the future. But Pittman declined.

"Not at this time,” Pittman said, adding that the agency had been focused internally on its employees’ well-being since the attack and on providing answers to lawmakers, rather than the public.

Ryan jumped in to say the Capitol Police had been communicating well with lawmakers but that "we also think the American people, and the press, need to hear directly from you.”

I don't really care and neither does anyone else. If you cared, you would encircle the NG in DC and not let them get any food, supplies, or rotate in and out of their area. Then The Authoritahs will have to decide whether they want to start shooting people, or move their troops elsewhere.

Other than that, this is a boring and useless news story. The White House and Capitol have heavy weapons turrets that rise up out of the ground, they are armored fortresses inside, and they have the finest security people on the planet taking care of it all.

But as you see, if you just come in a wave without violence, they can't and won't even try to stop you.

Nobody here is at that point, so you are all useless to talk to and there is no sense fretting about this non-story. US NG troops are in DC. So the fuck what. If you don't plan on going back and forcing those racist globalist communist white-hating fuckholes in DC to do their jobs, then why do you care?

Because Conservativism is a form of masochism, that's why. Prove me wrong protip you can't screenshot this

I don't really care and neither does anyone else. If you cared, you would encircle the NG in DC and not let them get any food, supplies, or rotate in and out of their area. Then The Authoritahs will have to decide whether they want to start shooting people, or move their troops elsewhere.

Other than that, this is a boring and useless news story. The White House and Capitol have heavy weapons turrets that rise up out of the ground, they are armored fortresses inside, and they have the finest security people on the planet taking care of it all.

But as you see, if you just come in a wave without violence, they can't and won't even try to stop you.

Nobody here is at that point, so you are all useless to talk to and there is no sense fretting about this non-story. US NG troops are in DC. So the fuck what. If you don't plan on going back and forcing those racist globalist communist white-hating fuckholes in DC to do their jobs, then why do you care?

Because Conservativism is a form of masochism, that's why. Prove me wrong protip you can't screenshot this

Why don't you lead by example? 😁

they need something for the sheeple to see. SEE!!! were so afraid of (white supremacists, militias, gun owners, regular white people, antifa and BLM once they realize they were used boogie men, aliens ...) that we need all this. We are protecting you so don't ask any questions!!! Oh and bring you papers to move around the city except if you are voting. No papers needed.

Because he is a pussy , he has already stated that.:rolleyes:

Hell yes I am, I would never attempt a lone invasion of the Capitol. I'm crazy, not stupid.

But, if you and everyone else here and ALL of your conservative friends want to go with me.... they literally can't stop us. Which is what I said.

But you don't like the uncomfortable fact that you do a LOT better bitching about things than actually doing anything about it. You and most of this board doesn't even try. Just lay down in that same shallow sewer of self-pity because muh libtards are too mean. :rolleyes:

they need something for the sheeple to see. SEE!!! were so afraid of (white supremacists, militias, gun owners, regular white people, antifa and BLM once they realize they were used boogie men, aliens ...) that we need all this. We are protecting you so don't ask any questions!!! Oh and bring you papers to move around the city except if you are voting. No papers needed.

This, so much this.

But walls don’t work. Where is Reagan when you need him, “Biden, tear down that wall”

We all know the reason the NG and fence are there is to separate us from the ruling elites while they transform the world against our wishes. A cabal war gamed this election and bragged about it.

Remember that guys on this board voted for this because they didn’t like “the orange Mussolini”.

Congrats, the “most popular president ever” now has to be kept inside a prison while “literally Hitler” was free to walk around as he pleased.

Its a fucking fence. People put it up people can take it down. Get 2big bronco or what ever his name is to show us how its done.:flipoff2:

Morning guy was said, the QAnon crowd is saying that March 4th is the traditional day of the presidential inauguration, that they will march in oust Biden and Trump will be sworn in then taking back the presidency from the illegitimate Biden adminstration. Because Trump was sent by god to save our nation

https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/march-04

Inauguration Day

Until the ratification of the Twentieth Amendment in 1933, the official day for presidential inaugurations was March 4 . When the fourth fell on a Sunday, as it did in 1821, 1849, 1877, and 1917, the ceremonies were held on March 5.

The first president of the United States, George Washington, was not inaugurated until April 30. Although Congress scheduled the first inauguration for March 4, 1789, they were unable to count the electoral ballots as early as anticipated. Consequently, the first inauguration was postponed to allow the president-elect time to make the long trip from his home in Virginia to the nation’s capital in New York City.

In celebration of his inauguration on March 4, 1829, President Andrew Jackson invited the American public to the White House. Overwhelming crowds ruined many White House furnishings and forced the new president to make a getaway through a window. Undeterred by the raucous reception, Jackson continued to host public parties at the residence.
Harding Inauguration, March 4th, 1921. Schutz Group Photographers; Harris & Ewing, c1921. Panoramic Photographs. Prints & Photographs Division
In 1921, President-elect Warren G. Harding set another inaugural first by traveling to the Capitol for his inauguration in an automobile. It was just one sign of the changing times. With modern advances in communication and transportation, election officials and newly-elected candidates no longer needed four months to gather election returns and travel to Washington. To minimize the transition period between Election Day and Inauguration Day, and curtail “Lame Duck” Congresses in which members defeated in November served until March, legislators introduced the Twentieth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It was ratified in 1933, and on January 20, 1937, Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first U.S. president sworn into office in January.

Because Skippy is an Agent Provocacteur for the FBI, his job is to cruise web sites trying to provoke people into civil unrest so his agency can swoop in nab the evil doers before they strike and get good publicity for the agency! Go read some of the stories from the 60s they did it all the time

Hell yes I am, I would never attempt a lone invasion of the Capitol. I'm crazy, not stupid.

But, if you and everyone else here and ALL of your conservative friends want to go with me.... they literally can't stop us. Which is what I said.

But you don't like the uncomfortable fact that you do a LOT better bitching about things than actually doing anything about it. You and most of this board doesn't even try. Just lay down in that same shallow sewer of self-pity because muh libtards are too mean. :rolleyes:

Where were you at on November the 6th? Why were you not there?

Sounds an awful lot like youre trying to incite an insurrection.

Where were you at on November the 6th? Why were you not there?

I didn't know it was happening.

The first I heard of it, there was a newsflash on CNN saying that Nazis had staged a coup, and that's not an exaggeration.

I have also, in good faith, explained to this board several times that a man with my record is no ally in a political fight. Otherwise I'd be in politics. When the Right gets desperate enough to hire someone like me for a face job on a political campaign, then I'll believe they're ready for some change in this country. But because I assaulted a woman who deserved it, instead of a pizza for children racket, I am not interesting to the political elite of this country.

Last edited:
I didn't know it was happening.

The first I heard of it, there was a newsflash on CNN saying that Nazis had staged a coup, and that's not an exaggeration.

I have also, in good faith, explained to this board several times that a man with my record is no ally in a political fight. Otherwise I'd be in politics. When the Right gets desperate enough to hire someone like me for a face job on a political campaign, then I'll believe they're ready for some change in this country.

Huh....it was made common knowledge that a rally was planned for that date. Hell there was probably a thread or two on it here.

Huh....it was made common knowledge that a rally was planned for that date. Hell there was probably a thread or two on it here.

I have actually thought about this but I think you're wrong. If you have evidence I'd love to know. AFAIK, it was a FB-only event staged between boomers. I have zero boomer FB friends. I have 3 guys I know from my ship and my nieces as FB friends. None of them let me know.

I hear FB's algorithms were supposed to let me know of Conservative goings-on. Oh no, they weren't, that's right. It was the opposite.

Morning guy was said, the QAnon crowd is saying that March 4th is the traditional day of the presidential inauguration, that they will march in oust Biden and Trump will be sworn in then taking back the presidency from the illegitimate Biden adminstration. Because Trump was sent by god to save our nation

Do you really believe this kind of thing is posted by real trump supporters? This kind of "propaganda" is put out there purely to attract dumbasses and to further fan the flames of division. Digital media is run by the left. Both in govt and those that fancy themselves elite intellectuals that know better than the common folk. These posts are nothing but "See I told you! Conservatives are evil". Do you really think that big tech couldnt shut down Qanon if they didnt want this out there? The internet and even the dark web part function over corporate infrastructure. Dont you think if countries like NKorea Iran or others can shut down traffic, that the US or big tech could do the same?

Last edited:
Do you really believe this kind of thing is posted by real trump supporters? This kind of "propaganda" is put out there purely to attract dumbasses and to further fan the flames of division. Digital media is run by the left. Both in govt and those that fancy themselves elite intellectuals that know better than the common folk. These posts are nothing but "See I told you! Conservatives are evil". Do you really think that big tech couldnt shut down Qanon if they didnt want this out there? The internet and even the dark web part function over corporate infrastructure. Dont you think if countries like NKorea Iran or others can shut down traffic, that the US or big tech could do the same?

Who said I believe I am just posting it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's gotta be legit if Cooter and the Blow Hole on rock 103.5 the blaze is saying it between traffic reports on the 1s, 3s and 5s and insurance commercials.

Top Back Refresh