What's new

Anyone build wakeboard towers?

Wilson

Newb
Member Number
I’m wanting to add a tube-type tower to my jet boat. Is there a source for builder-type pieces? I’m not even sure what to call these pieces, but looking for mounting points, pivot points, tow rope “ball” and maybe some rack mounts (if available)?

photo46448.jpg

Should be something anyone who does marine fab could provide. Folks that build tuna towers, canopys and fishing gear.

If you need anything specific I can probably hook you up. I've made a bit of custom marine stuff before.

https://tacomarine.com/

https://www.atlantictowers.com/products_accessories_TTOPS_2007.php

https://strykerttops.com/

Ive never built a wakeboard tower but I built a T-top for a center console and a top for a walk around. Make sure you use heavy backer plates and sandwhich the hull material. Wakeboard towers put huge stresses on the mounting points. Google search for marine towers or T-tops instead of wakeboard towers. Theres a lot of small tower and ttop builders Im guessing most self built or add on wakeboard towers are pretty rednecky.

I’m wanting to add a tube-type tower to my jet boat. Is there a source for builder-type pieces? I’m not even sure what to call these pieces, but looking for mounting points, pivot points, tow rope “ball” and maybe some rack mounts (if available)?

zukizzy made his own. IIRC he sandwiched plates on the hull, used a heim for the pivot and a trailer ball for the rope mount. the rack mounts were come tube style tube clamp things, think UTV/samdrail mounts.

zukizzy made his own. IIRC he sandwiched plates on the hull, used a heim for the pivot and a trailer ball for the rope mount. the rack mounts were come tube style tube clamp things, think UTV/samdrail mounts.

Trying to do something less “Offroad” and redneck, lol

Where are you located? Several guys here seem to be pretty helpful with parts and advice. Most of the ones I’ve seen built were on Idaho style boats though. Everyone else just uses the prefab towers.

is that an old jet craft? Looks well kept,

Where are you located? Several guys here seem to be pretty helpful with parts and advice. Most of the ones I’ve seen built were on Idaho style boats though. Everyone else just uses the prefab towers.

is that an old jet craft? Looks well kept,

I’m in N. CA. It is a ‘93 Longton

I haven’t heard of those. Still looks nice. Reminds me how they make them in Oregon,

Pacific Powertrain may be helpful.
https://ppimarine.com/

Thank you, they were out of Oregon. I had heard that the builder started North River from the gentleman that I bought the boat from, but have seen older North River boats while shopping.

There are a couple guys on meanchicken that could probably give the history. There might even be a build thread for the tower, River boats are pretty interesting. It was the 60’s when they got into aluminum and almost all those builders knew each other for a long time. A lot of the builders worked for and with each other at one point, it’s still not uncommon that someone building boats came from custom weld , riddle, or bentz.

the Idaho builders gravitated to boats with a lot of lift and ride high in the nose. Oregon ended up with quicker boats that flatten out at higher speeds and carve corners.

you might give Wetever in Clarkston WA a call too, They are good guys and may get you started,

There are a couple guys on meanchicken that could probably give the history. There might even be a build thread for the tower, River boats are pretty interesting. It was the 60’s when they got into aluminum and almost all those builders knew each other for a long time. A lot of the builders worked for and with each other at one point, it’s still not uncommon that someone building boats came from custom weld , riddle, or bentz.

the Idaho builders gravitated to boats with a lot of lift and ride high in the nose. Oregon ended up with quicker boats that flatten out at higher speeds and carve corners.

you might give Wetever in Clarkston WA a call too, They are good guys and may get you started,

My uncle started working for Willie when he moved to Medford. After a while he left and started Highway Products, which led to Pavati about 15 years ago.

My uncle started working for Willie when he moved to Medford. After a while he left and started Highway Products, which led to Pavati about 15 years ago.

Very cool. I haven’t ever seen a Pavati in person but I don’t really hang around the wake board or drift boat crowds. The wake board people have a pretty crappy reputation around here. :laughing:

Some years back a guy got a bunch of the old jet boat guys together for stories. I should have gone. Jim Miller of Miller Jet Boats lives a couple miles from me. I used to hang out in his shop and just watch.

if you care here is the thread with a bunch of history,
http://meanchicken.net/webmain/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=9192&hilit=Norm+riddle

Wooldridge has one too.

there was a guy in the nor cal fishing FB group that was doing custom towers.

Top Back Refresh