Anybody in Tucson got a use for this?

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
350mm rotary table
20220811_150253.jpg

Saved from scrap bin at work, never used, rusty, but not seized, looks like the cheapest is like $700 for a new Chinese one, this is an import for sure, somebody local want it for a yet to be determined favor? Preferably at the worst possible moment, like an anniversary, or a holiday? :laughing:

I know a guy in Tuckson that would be all over that, but he ain't on Irate.

Fuck, I've been looking for one of those for my manual mill....perfect size too.

Fuck, I've been looking for one of those for my manual mill....perfect size too.
Thats a massive rotary. Most are 6 or 8in for manual mills. that sucker is almost 14inches and ~198 lbs.

I would love to see that thing on a bridgeport mill.

Thats a massive rotary. Most are 6 or 8in for manual mills. that sucker is almost 14inches and ~198 lbs.

I would love to see that thing on a bridgeport mill.
I have a lagun.....not quite as big a s series 2 BP, but makes a J-head look pretty small in comparison. A 13" rotary would be on the big side, but not too big.

If any ody on the east coast grabs this I will pitch in for shipping and just want discounted machining in return.

I have a lagun.....not quite as big a s series 2 BP, but makes a J-head look pretty small in comparison. A 13" rotary would be on the big side, but not too big.
The 12" on my J head seems just about perfect to me. IMO you need to have a table with 6" or so more diameter than you work for easy clamping with a typical set of toothed blocks and triangles.

The 12" on my J head seems just about perfect to me. IMO you need to have a table with 6" or so more diameter than you work for easy clamping with a typical set of toothed blocks and triangles.
That's my thought. My Lagun as a 10" x 42" table. I don't think 13" would be that over sized....but given the option I'd go by with a 10" or 12"

got a biggun for my dad's bridgey clone (14"? taiwanese one)
it is a hernia's worth of heavy, but it is nice to have
I'd be all over one that can tip up sideways like that guy can

but none of us are in tucson, so the trade of a later favor isn't worth much

I'd be all over one that can tip up sideways like that guy can
Beyond about an 8" table a horizontal mill can probably be found cheaper. :laughing:

Horizontals are fucking awesome. Unlimited envelope in two axis instead of just one.

Top Back Refresh