What's new

Any tips on using an inspection camera?

Ravenbar

Member Number
Loc
NY
Picked up an Ames 64623 inspection camera from HF on my way home to night. An inspection camera's been on my wishlist for a long time but I've never got one until now.

Project behind the purchase is that I found rust pinholes in the unibody framerail , at the rear LCA mounton my daily driver Jeep WJ a couple weeks back. I want to get a good look inside the framerail, as I plot my extreme overkill repair plan.I need to know twhat shape the other 2 sides of the "framerail" are in, so I can plan on either cutting a access hole to be plated over with frame stiffeners, or else just cutting the LCA mount out for access, with the opening being patched with a long piece of 1/8" plate inside the framerail, with the LCA mount reinstalled outside the repair. Access being to mechanically/chemically remove all rust I can find inside the framerail, then paint/rustproofing of a TBD nature. Trouble being that whatever I apply will have to be after the frame's closed up, as it'll be burnt off when welding in the patches and frame stiffeners.

Tape another semi rigid rod to it like a grabber claw next to the head and it will give you a mild amount of dirrectional control. But only tape it at the head or you wont have any control at all.

Top Back Refresh