What's new

Any S10 gurus here?

Trashman

Trainwreck
Member Number
I have a 1994 S10. Seems that it was the first year of the new body style, so it has some unique interior panels.

Does anyone know if I can update the panels to a 95 up? I am not sure how all the mounting brackets and such loom under the dash.

Mine are AZ sunrotted. I can find decent panels in the local junkyard. They are all 95 and up though.

No, but I have a '96 if you need a picture of something eazy to get to let me know.

No, but I have a '96 if you need a picture of something eazy to get to let me know.
Damn.

I guess Ill try ebay/online.

I think I can get the dash pad (biggest irk too me) The rest might be a pain to aquire.

Damn.

I guess Ill try ebay/online.

I think I can get the dash pad (biggest irk too me) The rest might be a pain to aquire.
I meant "No I don't know", sorry for the confusion. I can get you pictures of my cab to compare to yours if you find that useful.

This place will probably have your answers. I haven't been there in over a decade so I don't know how active it is vs. face space gram page groups.
It would surprise me if the 95-04 panels don't swap over just because the doors didn't seem to change much over the years. If you're going to a junkyard either rip apar a 95, or take photos of yours. I remember them being pretty easy to remove from my 2000.

This place will probably have your answers. I haven't been there in over a decade so I don't know how active it is vs. face space gram page groups.
It would surprise me if the 95-04 panels don't swap over just because the doors didn't seem to change much over the years. If you're going to a junkyard either rip apar a 95, or take photos of yours. I remember them being pretty easy to remove from my 2000.

Thanks!

Im sure they dimensionally fit, I am unsure if the cab mounting points/sheet metal crap changed.

I like that idea of taking apart a junk yard one first, I may do just that

Taking apart one at a junkyard is $2 worth of experience here. If you fuck something up you know what you did wrong. Plus you can find out without taking anything home if it lines up. It requires the yard have the parts and trucks you need.

94 is bastard year. I'm not sure if 95+ will fit but likely it should. Since I think mechanically wise, few parts are 1st gen.

I'd take photo of panel off, take picture at specific angle/position so you can do same at junkyard and compare photo for holes/mount positions for differences.

Other alternate would be buying non running s10/sonoma/blazer/jimmy up until 1997 and swap out interior especially if its color you like. Bravada will work but will have upgrade electronics trim

I have tint on windshield. Itll help out the dash but I put dash cover on also so it doesnt get any worse.

S10 forum is ridiculous. There is good info scattered around, but it’s run by people that think they are know it alls. When someone asks out of the box questions, no one can fathom actually changing something from what was stock, or the “normal” way to do something. And you WILL get the same 3 retards answering every single question, whether they have a clue or not (they don’t). I had to stop looking at that dumpster fire when answering a question about eliminating the vacuum to the tcase for an axle swap. I typed out a nice detailed simple explanation of how I did it, and had mods change what I typed, tell people I am wrong, that it won’t work, and if you try it, your hvac system will suck atf into the system. Ok fellas. Be cautious with info from people with 10000+ posts on there.

I have a 94 as well, from what i can tell the interior is the same til 97, the dash around the column changed in 96 i think and the column went from the traditional gm tilt to the gmt400 style. None of the stuff from a newer column will line up with the older harness. Door panels oughta be the same up til 98 though.

I have a 94 as well, from what i can tell the interior is the same til 97, the dash around the column changed in 96 i think and the column went from the traditional gm tilt to the gmt400 style. None of the stuff from a newer column will line up with the older harness. Door panels oughta be the same up til 98 though.
I thought so too, but the lower panel under the column is different than any I have seen, even the 95s.

The lower panel shown, goes all the way past the ebrake handle (mines broken off)

Mine stops midway. My column tilts, but is rounded off under the guage cluster, where the panels on 95 on up are flat.

The off color ashtray (far right) is out of a 95 and up. It doesnt fit quite right but does slide on mounts.

16592088523208458279373149260641.jpg

5speed with a floor shited tc? Nice pull! I made a console for the floor shift tc with a bravada/ blazer floor shifter. Lost the abilty to use the column shift when i cut the front half of the frame off. Can confirm my lower panel is the same as yours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
Top Back Refresh