What's new

Any Love for OBS Fords in here?

20201030_083853.jpg

Back woods, Nice truck, trailer needs more axles.

Last edited:
mine's way fuckin' ugly compared to even the least shiny one I saw on here, got lichen growing on it and all

93 f350, bought it with 360k miles on it, 7.3/e4od, 2wd, drw 12' flatbed, it was $650 in like 2010?
oil in coolant, no oil in the rear diff, combustion gas in the coolant, front pump seal pissing bad, sometimes it'd get stuck in second
did the oil cooler seals and the rear pinion seal, put a couple switches on the shift solenoids to get all the gears and drove it a couple years
very hard starting, so it got a couple group 31 batteries. Just had to do a little welding on the battery trays to drop them down a couple inches and they fit in the stock locations.
door tag said it had 4.10s, so bought a 100 dollar axle that the door tag said had 3.55s in it. Turns out the axle I bought had 4.10s, figured that out after swapping them, then pulled the cover on the one that was in it and sure enough it had 3.55s in it the whole time. The axle it came with with the 3.55s had one of the spider gear pinions welded to the cross pin, holes in the carrier way egged out. Ended up keeping the axle with 4.10s in it, tossed in a lunchbox locker (hands down the best thing I've done to the truck)
found a $40 ZF, so stuck that in there with a 6.9L solid flywheel
found another $400 motor to put in for the whole "holes in the cylinder wall" issue, turns out the "new" motor is just as bad, so 4 years later it's still in there, I just top up the coolant.
Probably only put 1k miles on it in that time, at least of half of those heavily loaded though.

[486 said:
;n180380]mine's way fuckin' ugly compared to even the least shiny one I saw on here, got lichen growing on it and all

93 f350, bought it with 360k miles on it, 7.3/e4od, 2wd, drw 12' flatbed, it was $650 in like 2010?
oil in coolant, no oil in the rear diff, combustion gas in the coolant, front pump seal pissing bad, sometimes it'd get stuck in second
did the oil cooler seals and the rear pinion seal, put a couple switches on the shift solenoids to get all the gears and drove it a couple years
very hard starting, so it got a couple group 31 batteries. Just had to do a little welding on the battery trays to drop them down a couple inches and they fit in the stock locations.
door tag said it had 4.10s, so bought a 100 dollar axle that the door tag said had 3.55s in it. Turns out the axle I bought had 4.10s, figured that out after swapping them, then pulled the cover on the one that was in it and sure enough it had 3.55s in it the whole time. The axle it came with with the 3.55s had one of the spider gear pinions welded to the cross pin, holes in the carrier way egged out. Ended up keeping the axle with 4.10s in it, tossed in a lunchbox locker (hands down the best thing I've done to the truck)
found a $40 ZF, so stuck that in there with a 6.9L solid flywheel
found another $400 motor to put in for the whole "holes in the cylinder wall" issue, turns out the "new" motor is just as bad, so 4 years later it's still in there, I just top up the coolant.
Probably only put 1k miles on it in that time, at least of half of those heavily loaded though.

Your way of :mr-t:rigging shit just enough to keep it sorta working is almost impressive at times. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh