What's new

Any insurance agents or adjusters here?

I think he's trying to get in before it goes to auction, and try to finagle a deal with the owner. Which would be a huge privacy violation for an agent to commit.
Yeah, I don't think he'll find a willing adjuster on that one. It's illegal lol

Agent made it clear she had no pull with the adjusters and couldn't do anything...but she did say, " good luck." As soon as this is done I'm insurance shopping.

Agent made it clear she had no pull with the adjusters and couldn't do anything...but she did say, " good luck." As soon as this is done I'm insurance shopping.

Sorry to hear that, she is better equipped to have that conversation and lends credibility to the argument. My only caveat is if your expectations are unrealistic and she isn't willing to tell you so. I tell my clients when they are too far off and I will walk them through why. But, not all agents are car people.

Who here is for universal auto insurance? Everyone pays the same amount and gets the same coverage regardless of what they drive or how they drive it? :) Ya know, similar to universal healthcare. Obese smokers want me to contrbute to their healthcare. I feel like they should contribute to my auto insurance so I can drive around not giving a fuck what I hit.

Who here is for universal auto insurance? Everyone pays the same amount and gets the same coverage regardless of what they drive or how they drive it? :) Ya know, similar to universal healthcare. Obese smokers want me to contrbute to their healthcare. I feel like they should contribute to my auto insurance so I can drive around not giving a fuck what I hit.
550d5d927f95f4999d68036991def8fec2fb7283e96d05ab7b28ab76bf734af0_1.jpg

That's the goal for some people!

Washington State passed a law that Credit Scores can no longer be used to determine insurance rates. Because certain ethnic groups have shitty credit, therefore credit MUST be racist. We're the fifth highest state for uninsured drivers, I wonder why......

So yeah, we're already subsidizing insurance by paying higher rates and being forced to keep Uninsured Motorist and PIP coverage. #Whiteprivilege

That's the goal for some people!

Washington State passed a law that Credit Scores can no longer be used to determine insurance rates. Because certain ethnic groups have shitty credit, therefore credit MUST be racist. We're the fifth highest state for uninsured drivers, I wonder why......

So yeah, we're already subsidizing insurance by paying higher rates and being forced to keep Uninsured Motorist and PIP coverage. #Whiteprivilege

I don't disagree with excluding credit scores at all... that should really have nothing to do with auto insurance.

I don't disagree with excluding credit scores at all... that should really have nothing to do with auto insurance.

While I'm 50/50 on that specific metric, how would you calculate the statistical risk that an insured driver will file a claim? There is a strong direct correlation between a person's credit history and insurance risk. Of course that's only one of many factors that determine insurance rates. Age, location, vehicle, driving history, occupation, etc, etc.....

I also just did some searching and apparently the Washington State law was overturned late last year. I'm pleasantly surprised.

That probably won't happen, wouldn't be worth it to the adjuster. And there are so many adjusters it's a needle in a haystack if one were to agree. And the owners of those two cars know what they ate, and the swap potential of the drive train if they buy it back.

The buyback is what they think it'll bring at auction, which depends heavily on the damage, mileage, etc. A 30k mile cream puff roll over is going to go for more than a 200k miler that t-boned a semi and burned.

You better bet is salvage auctions, but you're competing against everyone else that wants an LSA.
Found a camaro zl1 with LSA for 4K, pick it up Friday.

I will share a bit of experience.

back like 25 years ago while in the Phoenix area with Allstate: had a CJ5 with a 350/TH350 sitting at a stop light. I was fumbling around looking for something in the console and released pressure off the brake pedal. Foot was still on the pedal, but not enough pressure. Crept up to a new car sitting at the same stop light and tagged the trunk lid with the winch hook. Allstate told me the winch is not part of the insured vehicle and denied my claim. That cost me several thousand.

a few years ago with AmFam. Sitting on a county dirt road waiting to cross a busy highway in my rig. 78 J10 on tons/42's/etc with a drop hitch on the back cause I had towed some dirt bikes up. Trailer was not connected, just the drop hitch was in the receiver. Got tired of waiting and threw it in reverse not knowing a car had some up behind me and was also waiting. drop hitch hit the hood of the car. AmFam denied the claim saying the same thing Allstate did: receiver hitch is NOT part of the truck. That cost me several thousand.

a few years ago with AmFam. My residential house that I lived in and had a mortgage on experienced hail damage and the roof was leaking into a spare bedroom. Lots of third party inspectors all agreed it was hail damage and should be covered by homeowners. AmFam denied the claim stating that I caused the damage. I had NEVER been on the roof (two story house, way the fuck up there, no resason for me to get up there).

In all of these cases I was told to fuck off in multiple languages and several dialects of each of those languages.

so ya, insurance can fuck the fuck right off. I won't give them a dime. :flipoff:
You should have learned your leason and tackwelded that hitch into place. It’s permanently attached.:flipoff2: Also make sure your insurance knows about the mods to your rig and if they dont want to play ask for stated value for your and or find a different carrier.

Buddy got reeneded at a stop light. 1500 chebby hit his 3/4 chebby and bent the drop hitch 90* bent the frame of the rig fucked his rig up good. They never said shit about his drop hitch neither did the other guys insurance company and the hitch was damn near on the 1500’s engine block. All insurance companies suck.

I had mine claim $500 damage to my
Rig after it got stolen, stero gutted. Entire interior from dash to seats and carpet in the bed left in the rain. I told them to fuck off and alleged fraud against them stating $500 didn’t begin to cover the seats, dash and carpet. They apologized all over themselves, let me know the adjuster nonponger worked for the company and asked my to submit my quotes for repairs. They cut me a check no question asked. Only regret was not buying it back as well. I was young and dumb. Live and learn.

Adjuster was buying it for himself, all I wanted is the engine, he made me a deal. Remainder is going to a fellow hot rodder who wanted a manual trans.

Top Back Refresh