What's new

Any info on this lighter

You don't have a Naptha stove?
Oh wait, you mean Coleman fuel aka white gas ? Yeah I got Coleman white gas stoves and lanterns. It's also my favorite campfire starter. Toss a cup or so on, lob a match, bada bing bada boom, rager. Got 3 gallons of it at a garage sale a couple years back for a dollar a can. :laughing: Next time I find a lighter when looking for something else I'll have to give it a try. I have some handwarmers that take it that I scored dirt cheap that I haven't tested out yet as well. It's probably stupid expensive now too I'm sure.

I use white gas “Coleman fuel” in my zippo.
NEVER use gasoline in a lighter.
Unless you need immediate eyebrow and eyelash removal.:flipoff2:

Oh wait, you mean Coleman fuel aka white gas ? Yeah I got Coleman white gas stoves and lanterns. It's also my favorite campfire starter. Toss a cup or so on, lob a match, bada bing bada boom, rager. Got 3 gallons of it at a garage sale a couple years back for a dollar a can. :laughing: Next time I find a lighter when looking for something else I'll have to give it a try. I have some handwarmers that take it that I scored dirt cheap that I haven't tested out yet as well. It's probably stupid expensive now too I'm sure.

All 3 are the same product in a different package.

7025043-24.jpg

ebb79fcb11?max=600&quality=70&_mzcb=_1634386454535.jpg

Camp_fuel.jpg

I want to know what the story is with the round ball stuck in the bench?

Cool lighter too.

I want to know what the story is with the round ball stuck in the bench?

Cool lighter too.
That's a bolt holding the wood top on. It's an old train station cart (that's what we were told) that I use as my coffee table. Pardon the mess, inlaws + thanksgiving.

Attachments

• 20211127_081844.jpg
    20211127_081844.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
they're all just hydrocarbon poop with a chain length somewhere around 8 carbon atoms
there ain't no magic to it

pump gas has a little wider spread, so it has more stinky long chains and also higher vapor pressure from shorter ones, never mind the additive package and alcohol

That's a neat mechanism to spin the sparker when you lift the lid - I dig it! :grinpimp:
Meh, the modern zippos are more dramatic if after you open them you have to strike the flame before you throw them into the eccelerant soaked crime scene. :flipoff2:

Meh, the modern zippos are more dramatic if after you open them you have to strike the flame before you throw them into the eccelerant soaked crime scene. :flipoff2:
Zippo's been in production since 1933 - it may be a young upstart compared to Rooney's Thorens, but "modern"? Are you <gary>? :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh