What's new

Any info on this lighter

Rooney77

Bearded lady
Member Number
Loc
TX
Found my grandfather's old lighter. I assume it's from his time in the Phillipines since he only smoke during the war (ww2). Anybody know anything about it?

I think it'd be cool to get it going again to use with my pipes. Seems to be functioning. Looks like all it needs is fluid and a flint. Good cleaning wouldn't hurt.
20211125_194857.jpg
20211125_194937.jpg

Theres videos on youtube on how to replace the flints and other bits. I saw them when I was rehabbing on ggdads old trench lighter.

They appear to be in a usable condition. Really looks like I could put some fluid and a flint in it and go. I have no idea what kind of flints they use though.
They're usually easy to make work. What shape is the wick and cotton batting inside in?

try busting open an old disposable lighter, they always got a lotta flint left after the gas is gone

I save old Bic lighters for the flint and roller. Easy to use to start a fire in an emergency if a ferro rod isn't around. Or a working lighter. I'll have to bust one open. Never really thought about that.

The bic flint worked. I'll grab some fuel tomorrow and give it a go. Thank a for that tip.

Found my grandfather's old lighter. I assume it's from his time in the Phillipines since he only smoke during the war (ww2). Anybody know anything about it?

I think it'd be cool to get it going again to use with my pipes. Seems to be functioning. Looks like all it needs is fluid and a flint. Good cleaning wouldn't hurt.
20211125_194857.jpg
20211125_194937.jpg
ALMOST had a 35% of your lady parts!! :flipoff2:

I read that, thought "Gotta be 486", glanced up and was correct. :lmao:
one further, it seems forgotten that you used to feed those wick lighters regular gasoline
if you got coleman fuel around it don't got quite the stink of modern gasoline
or well, vm&p naptha, but that's just obscene

one further, it seems forgotten that you used to feed those wick lighters regular gasoline
if you got coleman fuel around it don't got quite the stink of modern gasoline
or well, vm&p naptha, but that's just obscene
Ronsonal lighter fluid isn't super expensive and it's a very good cleaning solvent too.

20211125_194857.jpg
20211125_194937.jpg
Damn-damn-damn; that's awesome!:smokin::beer:

Damn thing works like a champ for pipes. I do have a hair too much wick out but that'll burn back. I'm shocked it doesn't leak either. Since it's an original. Very happy right now.

Top Back Refresh