What's new

Any bow hunters shooting an Athens?

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Syracuse, NY
New-ish bow shop up the road from me is selling exclusively Athens Archery bows. I went up there to get my old bow tuned up and they caught my eye.

My current bow is old and outdated compared to anything on the market by mathews, hoyt, or pse.

I think I might be interested in the Athens, just don't know of any real world experience. So if anyone here does. Make my mind up.

Last edited:

Gatorgrizz27

Member Number
At $1,000 +, why not go with a more reputable brand, Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, etc? A lifetime warranty doesn’t mean a lot when they go under in 2 years. I could see if they were supposed to be “high value” for $500 or so, but I’d pass at those prices.

Nothing against them in particular, I feel the same about people looking for reviews of “off brand” scopes for $500-$900. Just buy a Leupold or a Zeiss.

Chevy_man

Leftjizz
Member Number
At $1,000 +, why not go with a more reputable brand, Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, etc? A lifetime warranty doesn’t mean a lot when they go under in 2 years. I could see if they were supposed to be “high value” for $500 or so, but I’d pass at those prices.

Nothing against them in particular, I feel the same about people looking for reviews of “off brand” scopes for $500-$900. Just buy a Leupold or a Zeiss.

Athens has been around for awhile, and they're damn nice bows.

I have martins and xpeditions. The local dealer couldn't sell a Matthews when people could shoot it back to back with an xpedition.

Bowtech is a shit company. Just ask any of the people who got a $500 gift certificate towards a new bow when their $1500 bow blew up the limbs. The amount of pictures coming out of shops where brand new bows were delivered with delaminated limbs straight from the factory was astonishing.

Chevy_man

Leftjizz
Member Number
New-ish bow shop up the road from me is selling exclusively Athens Archery bows. I went up there to get my old bow tuned up and they caught my eye.

My current bow is old and outdated compared to anything on the market by mathews, hoyt, or pse.

I think I might be interested in the Athens, just don't know of any real world experience. So if anyone here does. Make my mind up.

Go shoot some and see what you like. Can always wander over to archery talk for more info on particular bows.