What's new

Anonymize or not to anonymize

grumpy356

bordering on illiterate
Member Number
Are y'all sending in request to have your old user accounts anaomized?

I'm kinda on the fence.

Part of me is PISSED, and part of me thinks I should give it a few days to act from a more calm place.

There was only one thread I started in the trailer park for the reason of less exposure, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't post a lot anyway so I don't see a reason too. If there was a way to delete my content I might would just as an FU to VS but again I didn't have a lot.

Duane

There was only one thread I started in the trailer park for the reason of less exposure, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't post a lot anyway so I don't see a reason too. If there was a way to delete my content I might would just as an FU to VS but again I didn't have a lot.

Duane

Was it to bitch about how bad you suck at Clash Royal :flipoff2:

OK,
let me expand on this.

Say I wanted all my shit deleted off a web forum. Not "anonymized", but deleted.

HOW do I do it?

Say I was willing to spend money on legal consultation. WHO would I use?
Does anyone know a firm that handles that kind of shit?

What if the web site was hosted in another county, let's say Canada.
Does that effect anything?

It's a site where I no longer wish to have any affiliation or ties.
Is there a way to force a company to scrub my account?

Seriously. I don't give a fuck about TOS. what can I do NOW?

OK,
let me expand on this.

Say I wanted all my shit deleted off a web forum. Not "anonymized", but deleted.

HOW do I do it?

Say I was willing to spend money on legal consultation. WHO would I use?
Does anyone know a firm that handles that kind of shit?

What if the web site was hosted in another county, let's say Canada.
Does that effect anything?

It's a site where I no longer wish to have any affiliation or ties.
Is there a way to force a company to scrub my account?

Seriously. I don't give a fuck about TOS. what can I do NOW?

depending on what the TOS said the content may or may not belong to them.
and yes, VS is goverened by canadian laws, so you'd have to look up their privacy shit and play by those rules.

frankly it would be easier to just go delete every thread you ever started.

depending on what the TOS said the content may or may not belong to them.
and yes, VS is goverened by canadian laws, so you'd have to look up their privacy shit and play by those rules.

frankly it would be easier to just go delete every thread you ever started.

If i could, i probably wouldn’t want to. The fact that i can’t is the issue.

the site I am referring to takes an administrator to delete a post. AND you can only edit 10 post every 7 days. So you can’t even go delete your content.

can you select all and 4runRick all my PBB posts? I'm sure you could create a decent side gig with that.

Im sure they would :nuke: me fairly fast. The new software requires comments for moderator actions. I did delete a testing thread but thats about it. It seems way more locked down. Or it could be im not familiar enough with the software.

Im sure they would :nuke: me fairly fast. The new software requires comments for moderator actions. I did delete a testing thread but thats about it. It seems way more locked down. Or it could be im not familiar enough with the software.

I'm sure that's by design.

VS bought it for what already existed.
not for what would happen to it after.
They're goal I'm sure is to maintain the giant database that generates google hits.

Can I still post if I am anonymized? I'm trying to choose between anonymity or band, so I thought 'Why not both?'

I don't hate change.

I hate the change Torstar / Vertical Scope implemented, and all the limitations that come with it.

Top Back Refresh