What's new

Annular Cutter Sharpening?

So you are skilled enough to sharpen tools but, no-one else is. Fucking elitist prima donna machinist, got it!
Hey, im not a fan or arguing online. But you are the dolt that spouted in the most uneducated way. Sorry i called you out. I dont call out framers or nuclear engineers, cause i know jack shit about either. Just sayin

Bunk, you shitposting between hitting the green button?:flipoff2:

Current shop has a fleet of Anca cutter grinders, but the old Cincinnati grinder we had at my old job would sharpen the fuck our of an endmill, So I've seen both sides of it.

Hell, I watched a guy sharpen endmills with an air fixture on a surface grinder. Yes carbide, yes it cut well. I've ground down broken flutes on endmills and uses them as "variable pitch" tools :lmao: Was all good enough for steam turbines :flipoff2: Maybe I shouldn't tell you about grinding ID groove inserts into turning inserts to bore a bushing in a pinch? Is that too scary? You going to tell me I didn't do it? :laughing:

The shit I do now requires a different precision, which I think is more in line with your thinking. But that doesn't mean there isn't shops turning out work every day with hodge podge resharpened tooling.

Oh shit. This is from Hougen's YouTube channel advertising their annular cutter sharpening service. Bunk better get on the phone and tell them they don't know what they're doing. :lmao:

Practical machinist says that any ol' sliding deck tool grinder with an indexer and a stout holder is easy to setup for "touching up" some annular cutters. I aint scared. The worst that happens is I learn that its not worth the time and I have to pay someone $10 to fix whatever one I messed up trying to learn on. Hell, the tool Hougan sells is a damn dewalt die grinder in a swing frame similar to my Sterling grinder.

Or... maybe I touch up a few cutters for the handful of holes they cut a year and I now have my CG up and running finally.

Oh shit. This is from Hougen's YouTube channel advertising their annular cutter sharpening service. Bunk better get on the phone and tell them they don't know what they're doing. :lmao:

He told me youtube is not the place to learn to machine when I posted it!

It’s the construction industry; but when I need to sharpen Hougen bits or other annular cutters I use a 4 1/2 grinder and an .045 wheel.

Top Back Refresh