What's new

AN fitting help

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
Need help finding what seems like a simple an fitting but I suck at searching for them and dont know the technical differences.

I need a female AN 12 sharp 90 to a 5/8 barb with no adapters and the sharpest 90 possible.

What material?

AN = Army Navy fittings can be purchased im aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass, titanium, magnesium.

As the fittings get stranger it gets harder to find them in more exotic materials.

Check the brennan website.

Call G & J aircraft ontario ca on monday am.

Something like this but a -12
male o ring seal or male 37° flare not the pipe thread shown..

I have charts and once i find them could call out tbe spec a d part numbers.

Im pretty sure what you want can be found.

Search terms beyond "AN" would be MS also.

Td5yh8j.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely an odd fitting. Its technically 2 fittings, but I think this is about as tight and compact as you will find to go -12 female to a 5/8 barb.
Screenshot_20200614-020359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-020359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Definitely an odd fitting. Its technically 2 fittings, but I think this is about as tight and compact as you will find to go -12 female to a 5/8 barb.

Ok thanks. I figured it would be common since I can find it to 3/4 but like I said I know nothing about them. It's just for a crank case vent coming out of my block but my intake is right in the way.

What material?

AN = Army Navy fittings can be purchased im aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass, titanium, magnesium.

As the fittings get stranger it gets harder to find them in more exotic materials.

Td5yh8j.jpg

1/2 NPT to 5/8 id hose is P/N AN842-10D for Alu, -10 for brass and -10S for steel.

What material?

Td5yh8j.jpg

Sorta but it needs to be female on the threaded side and I dont believe it's an npt thread.

I would get those two Nvr-enough showed in brass, carefully saw off half of each, and silver solder them together. But I've got a jeweler's bench- if I had a TIG, I guess I might do the same in aluminium.

Ok thanks. I figured it would be common since I can find it to 3/4 but like I said I know nothing about them. It's just for a crank case vent coming out of my block but my intake is right in the way.

Yea, with -12 being 3/4 thats why there are so many options for that. I am a little surprised that they don't seem to offer what you're looking for as thats only a one size step in adaption.

Have a pic? Any chance you could step up to 3/4 hose and adapt the other side of it ? Just spit balling here.

Speedway part number 62020191 is the best I can find.

Aircraft Spruce might be a good place to look. They have a branch over in your parts.

It's a crank vent so just grab whatever fitting is fastest to get in 3/4 barb and reduce it down stream if need be.

I'm just trying to make it as simple as possible and I hate adapters to adapters.

This is where it goes into the block and what the factory one looks like. . There isn't a ton of room there to begine with and the press in fitting I have is already an inch plus tall

20200614_103436.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-103523_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm just trying to make it as simple as possible and I hate adapters to adapters.

This is where it goes into the block and what the factory one looks like. . There isn't a ton of room there to begine with and the press in fitting I have is already an inch plus tall

If you hate adapters that much, get something like this and beat the damn thing into the hole and put a hose on it, or thread the hole for NPT and screw it in.

[URL="https://www.affordablestreetr...www.affordablestreetrods.com...gree-bf90.html[/url]

If you want to do it with a single fitting, you're going to have to up the hose size to 3/4".

If you want to do it with a single fitting, you're going to have to up the hose size to 3/4".

That may be what I need to do but I know the other side is fixed ar AN 10. I need to take a closer look at that end and see what options I have there.

It's not really that big of a deal and figured it was just my lack of knowledge and inability to search. It figures that I want the obscure non existant part.

That may be what I need to do but I know the other side is fixed ar AN 10. I need to take a closer look at that end and see what options I have there.

It's not really that big of a deal and figured it was just my lack of knowledge and inability to search. It figures that I want the obscure non existant part.

Wait a minute............you need -10AN female to 5/8" hose barb? In your op you wrote -12AN. -10 and 5/8barb is easy. It's the -12 to 5/8 that's the no go.

This fitting screws onto a male -10AN and a 5/8" hose connects to it.

239012bb.jpg

Am I getting warmer? n

Just buy the -12 female to male barb fitting.

A little boiling water is all it takes to get a 5/8 hose onto a 3/4 barb. If you start with a new hose you'll probably get a couple decades out of it before it starts cracking where it makes the size transition.

Top Back Refresh