What's new

AMC eagle

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
What was their 4x4 system? I know they had the same i6 engine as the cj for a few years. Anyone know about the axles and t case?

Dana 30 ifs Dana 20 rear with 2pc axles. Transfer case is one of the viscous units. Lose 1 shaft and it’s going nowhere.
Friend Had one I was supposed to swap a 4L and aw4 into. Fell through.

Reactions: DMG
Dana 30 ifs Dana 20 rear with 2pc axles. Transfer case is one of the viscous units. Lose 1 shaft and it’s going nowhere.
Friend Had one I was supposed to swap a 4L and aw4 into. Fell through.
Thank you.

It has all the makings for 72' wide Can Am x3 running gear on 35's. shorten the drive shaft 4 inches and modify the hood and rear for upper shock mounts. The weight won't be far off when you pull the engine/tranny/axles/tcase.

Seems like a fun and challenging winter project... I have a spare X3 frame with all the suspension brackets in the right places to mount inside the frame rails.

The drivetrain and front suspension is some weak shit from the factory. Most of the chassis is terrible.

It has all the makings for 72' wide Can Am x3 running gear on 35's. shorten the drive shaft 4 inches and modify the hood and rear for upper shock mounts. The weight won't be far off when you pull the engine/tranny/axles/tcase.

Seems like a fun and challenging winter project... I have a spare X3 frame with all the suspension brackets in the right places to mount inside the frame rails.

Yup, sounds like a winner! :smokin:

Glad you decided to do something with that frame. You spent too much time on that last winter to let it go to waste.

I don't know what your thinking but I say DO IT! :grinpimp:

And make sure you post a build thread. :laughing:

3f2.jpg

Reactions: DMG
So it’s the perfect project. Shit plan, rusted parts, missing 90% of the required parts, makes no sense, never done before because it’s a ridiculous concept, I don’t have the skill to do it all, but has potential to be fun if finished.

god damn I’m in

So it’s the perfect project. Shit plan, rusted parts, missing 90% of the required parts, makes no sense, never done before because it’s a ridiculous concept, I don’t have the skill to do it all, but has potential to be fun if finished.

god damn I’m in

I can actually see your plan working quite well without being that difficult to pull off. Based on this internet pic it looks like the 2dr Eagle and an X3 share a similar profile. :smokin: Gut the car of its drivetrain and floors/frame and hang it over the X3. Connect the dots from there. Bonus points of you find one with the factory fake wood grain option. :laughing:

25877175-1981-amc-eagle-thumb.jpg

Top Back Refresh