What's new

amazon

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
Loc
lake erie
are we still bitching about that?

this is the tale of two orders, both placed on May 29.
One was on ebay, direct from hong kong.
One was amazon, for a milwaukee m18 battery, in stock, fulfilled by amazon, prime.

My lights from hong kong arrived yesterday, after traveling the world in like 3 fucking days and being passed through customs.

My battery still isn't here, and didn't even fucking leave amazon's warehouse until june 4. Supposed to be delivered today, but tracking shows it just showed up at the regional warehouse this morning at 9am, so it's not on a delivery truck.

WTF amazon.

Lately they have been sending everything via the PO not sure why most of it is carried by UPS to the post office, they can't be saving anymoney by making me drive to town to pick it up.

I think we're finally seeing the effective capacity limits of amazon.

UPS around here have been using contractors (personal vehicles, etc).

Had two packages scheduled for delivery on the same day, both trackings said 'out for delivery'. Saw the delivery guy drive past my house 4x, and delivered item #1 at 9:45pm. The second item showed up at 8:00pm the next day. "Horribly inefficient" is an understatement.

I think we're finally seeing the effective capacity limits of amazon.

UPS around here have been using contractors (personal vehicles, etc).

Had two packages scheduled for delivery on the same day, both trackings said 'out for delivery'. Saw the delivery guy drive past my house 4x, and delivered item #1 at 9:45pm. The second item showed up at 8:00pm the next day. "Horribly inefficient" is an understatement.

I saw a uhaul truck with a vinyl "fedex ground" stuck to the door the other day.

I'm not even mad about the shipping.
I'm mad that it took 5 business days to even leave the amazon warehouse.

I work on both UPS and FedEx Ground vehicles and both companies use a quite a few leased vans from Uhaul and Penske, especially the Christmas rush time.

My wife ordered some TP at the beginning of the panic. Three boxes. Turned out it was from China and tiny rolls. :laughing:

First box turned up in a month and a half. The other two trickled in couple weeks apart later. All three look like they were ran through a rock tumbler

Last box was delivered by an unmarked Crown Vic driven by an older white guy. Thought I was going to get served or something. :eek:

My UPS guy says he likes the Penske rental truck, it has A/C and rides much better than the UPS truck, considering some of the ranch roads he has to go down that is a big plus :laughing:

I work on both UPS and FedEx Ground vehicles and both companies use a quite a few leased vans from Uhaul and Penske, especially the Christmas rush time.

I came here to say this. I work for Penske as a supervisor in the maintenance department. All of the big package handling companies rent extra vehicles from all of the truck rental companies during busy seasons, so that's probably why you saw the u haul.

Amazon prime next day was great, but not so much now. Ebay has advantages in buying from the little guy at times, plus it seems for me to be much easier to search.

Amazon prime next day was great, but not so much now. Ebay has advantages in buying from the little guy at times, plus it seems for me to be much easier to search.

Prime was worth the money when the shipping was actually fast. Now it sucks balls, and honestly thier streaming service kinda sucks too. Not sure we would renew prime, even though we constantly order from there.

Ordered some soft shackles yesterday.

Confirmation EMail today says it will ship between July 30th to August 5th...🙄

My wife ordered a new grill burner yesterday afternoon when we couldn't find one locally. I installed the new one about an hour ago.:smokin:

Prime was worth the money when the shipping was actually fast. Now it sucks balls, and honestly thier streaming service kinda sucks too. Not sure we would renew prime, even though we constantly order from there.

Right now it seems like a dice roll. Sought after stuff is the thing likely to be delayed. Mostly my experience is the delivery time estimates are doubled but things are coming much faster, at least locally. The monitor I ordered on Wednesday was here on Friday even though they said it was going to take till Monday.

Brown Santa van that runs around up here has all terrains and maybe 4wd., The thing sounds like its got a big healthy gasser in it. What motor do they put in those things.

The local guy around here drives it like he's in a high speed chase. If it's not on the mat WFO it's nose down full brakes. Oh and the speed limit means very little. I live on a decent incline, and I can hear that thing sucking air from easy a quarter mile away.
Ship Brown-- King of the quarter mile delivery vans.

OMG this is crazy! Its almost like they deliberately ran a service that wasn't cost effective to garner a customer base and eliminate conception. And then once that was done reduced their service in an effort to cut costs! :eek:

Who could imagine such a thing!

are we still bitching about that?

this is the tale of two orders, both placed on May 29.
One was on ebay, direct from hong kong.
One was amazon, for a milwaukee m18 battery, in stock, fulfilled by amazon, prime.

My lights from hong kong arrived yesterday, after traveling the world in like 3 fucking days and being passed through customs.

My battery still isn't here, and didn't even fucking leave amazon's warehouse until june 4. Supposed to be delivered today, but tracking shows it just showed up at the regional warehouse this morning at 9am, so it's not on a delivery truck.

WTF amazon.

I ordered some lights yesterday and they are slated to show up today. :laughing: We'll see.

OMG this is crazy! Its almost like they deliberately ran a service that wasn't cost effective to garner a customer base and eliminate conception. And then once that was done reduced their service in an effort to cut costs! :eek:

Who could imagine such a thing!

the opposite actually.

It was fucking great until they started letting third parties sell on the website.

The local guy around here drives it like he's in a high speed chase. If it's not on the mat WFO it's nose down full brakes. Oh and the speed limit means very little. I live on a decent incline, and I can hear that thing sucking air from easy a quarter mile away.
Ship Brown-- King of the quarter mile delivery vans.

Our FedEx guy drives like a jackass. I live on a dead end and the kid play down the street all the time. Dude will run them kids up the curb when he comes around.

Brown Santa van that runs around up here has all terrains and maybe 4wd., The thing sounds like its got a big healthy gasser in it. What motor do they put in those things.

I think they've got lq4 6.0 gm stuff in em.

When doing some work at the UPS hub garage we discussed this (it’s been a few years but I expect not much has changed ) most of the “package car” chassis were Workhorse and had GM and Ford drive trains, mix of 6.8 V10 and 6.0GM all going to automatics as most “drivers” had no clue how to drive a manual, or use a clutch ( many would start in gear and jam gears to shift, JAM not rpm match....)

this was when DPF and DEF were becoming a thing in anything diesel.

I was there working on a new yard spotter with a V10 gas engine.... first one I’d ever seen set up like that, them too, they hated it (was warranty work, and they really wanted me to kill it)

Our FedEx guy drives like a jackass. I live on a dead end and the kid play down the street all the time. Dude will run them kids up the curb when he comes around.

Good, kids need to learn to fear the street and the metal killers that use them.

Last edited:
I ordered 3 things early last week. All 3 showed up a day earlier than they originally said.

so I just ordered a book from Amazon on Adobe After Effects last night.. I went ahead and chose the free shipping.. it will get here after I go to the ranch.. but I'm in no real hurry..

I hear working at an Amazon warehouse sux.. there is a huge one to the south of here, and they are building something to the north that I think is another warehouse..

Thats where we're at, we've seen all we want to see on their streaming and virtually no prime delivery anymore so whats the point.

Our UPS driver will come down the driveway fast, stand on the brakes just before he gets to the curve, then hammers it then slams on the brakes to not drive by the house.
Fedex is a female, found we are the last place she delivers then she turns off her tablet so they can't track her speed and hammers it all the way back to Alb! about 75 miles!

I hear working at an Amazon warehouse sux.. there is a huge one to the south of here, and they are building something to the north that I think is another warehouse..

Yeah I have read that too, but Bezos is such a good progrssive slave boss!

Top Back Refresh