What's new

Amazon Smile Tread Lightly Donations

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
I am sure plenty of you are aware already that if you shop via smile.Amazon.com instead of regular Amazon.com, Amazon will donate to a charity of your choice at no cost to you based on how much you spend on purchases. I learned on the old site that Tread lightly was one of the charities you could support, so ever since then, I have had them as my smile.Amazon charity.

Amazon just sent me the recent statement for their contributions to Tread Lightly, and it's pathetic! So if you are not already contributing to another charity, or are not using smile.Amazon instead of the normal site, start supporting Tread Lightly.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.32.38 AM.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.32.38 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	42429

We do that as well, but for the Cure Alzheimer's Fund. My FIL passed away at 63 with Alzheimer's, and since it may be hereditary, my wife and I are personally vested in its cure.

Just got our statement: $2,267.34 donated last quarter. With the way my wife shops, we may be one of the only donors!

never knew about this thanks:beer:

now whats the IBB consensus on best charity for wheelin?

Mine are currently going to BRC, is either one any better or worse?

Hmm, I didn't realize Blue Ribbon Coalition was also on Amazon Smile :homer:

BRC lost all my support (and that of a shit ton of others) when they let Del go. :flipoff:

My smile goes to my local land use advocate.

Thanks for posting that, I may make the switch since I am definitely more interested in keeping local stuff open. I knew there was some drama with BRC fairly recently, but I don't recall the details. Care to rehash it for some of us ignorant folks?

BRC lost all my support (and that of a shit ton of others) when they let Del go. :flipoff:

My smile goes to my local land use advocate.

Good to know, any NC peeps have a suggestion for donations? I found Friends of Uwharrie on there, seems my best bet.

The smile program was discussed on the BB which shall not be named. Mine goes towards Toys for Tots. I’m pretty sure the BRC was even mentioned on that old BB too

$264 over the last 4 months. I’m going to switch because I’m pretty sure the charity I picked is now dead. If not fuck them. For personal reasons.

BTT.
Smile is finally available in the Prime app. Open app, click on settings, then Smile.

Annotation 2021-12-15 090706.jpg
I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. Not donating to wheeling but instead to the organization that saved my daughter's life and continues to do everything they can.

If anyone needs something to donate to (like everyone doesn't already have something), Rogers behavioral health in Oconomowoc, WI.

If it wasn't this it probably would be the Mike Rowe foundation as previously mentioned.

Top Back Refresh