What's new

Alien Gear Holsters

Drummer79

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Washington, NC
Alien gear holsters, anyone tried them out? Comments? Suggestions for a 1911 carry holster for a fat guy?

I returned the one I ordered.
Fwiw
Every belt and rig is different for every "body"...

I bought an alien 2 iirc and it sat really high. Had to Oder different clips that were longer to lower it. I think that’s been resolved. But it also made me sweat a bunch. For the money decent holster. But My crossbreed mini tuck is my go to.

No experience with Alien gear, but another big props to Crossbreed. I’ve had 2-3 friend s switch to them after seeing mine.... they are also semi local so that makes the decision easier lol

I scored one on ebay for $5 ( misprint on price, they honored the deal) I like the modularity, $10 and you can get a different clamshell for other gun. That said, I wouldnt pay actual retail for one....the backing is a neoprene type material and I find it makes me sweat too much against it vs. leather. The screws need to be loctited or they will back out pretty quick.
I'd give them an "OK", but there is better out there for the same money.

I'm looking now at crossbreeds and they look good. My aliengear will show up wednesday so I'll try it out, but will probably buy a crossbreed as well.

I like Trex holster, also ANR works well for some odd ball guns. Couple edges I had to round on the ANR but more main line guns I'd do T-rex.

A9D5EAE6-FB1D-462A-AF36-26C6B8ED66E3.jpeg

I’ve tried every holster known to man and 85% of the time I carry, it’s gun on skin, no holster.

Been carrying one for, oh, four years now? Its ok. IWB. Nothing else really to compare to.

I just bought a JM4 tactical magnetic holster last week, for a fat guy it's more comfy because of the leather keeping the hammer and all from digging into the skin so bad when sitting, but a bitch to reholster unless you basically pull the holster, put the gun back in it, then put it back on. But that's quick and easy since it's magnetic. Still not totally thrilled with that either, but losing weight a pretty decent rate so maybe before too long the fat guy part will stop being in the equation.

Pretty straight forward to make your own copy of the crossbreed, think there was a how to on the old site.
I use the for 3 o'clock IWB
TRex sidecar or Tier 1 Axis elite for appendix.
TRex raptor for OWB

Top Back Refresh