What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

If you are 100% convinced, how about you show some cases in New Mexico where accidental shootings with an assumed unloaded firearm resulted in charges and convictions.
You are telling me “I didn’t think the gun was loaded “it’s a defense against a manslaughter charge in New Mexico?

How do they prosecute anybody for a shooting charge in New Mexico?

All you would have to say is “I didn’t think the gun was loaded “

You’re better than this.

At this point, logic and reason have left this thread It has been replaced with stupidity.

I’m out.

Y’all have fun.

You are telling me “I didn’t think the gun was loaded “it’s a defense against a manslaughter charge in New Mexico?

How do they prosecute anybody for a shooting charge in New Mexico?

All you would have to say is “I didn’t think the gun was loaded “

You’re better than this.

At this point, logic and reason have left this thread It has been replaced with stupidity.

I’m out.

Y’all have fun.
Well, show all these NM cases and convictions then. I didn’t write the law, but the text is right there in front of you to read. But you’ll ignore it, because actor bad….

Charged and convicted of what? If he got a "slap on the wrist", I'm going to assume it wasn't manslaughter or worse.

This was 30 years ago, so I don’t really remember. I knew the guy didn’t mean to kill his friend, but he was a dumb shit for bringing a gun out in a party where people were drinking and smoking dope. I think it was manslaughter or wreck less endangering. He could have got serious time, but the sentence was like 30 days in a local jail. But the record is not good.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:

30-2-5. Excusable homicide.

Homicide is excusable in the following cases:

A. when committed by accident or misfortune in doing any lawful act, by lawful means, with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent; or

B. when committed by accident or misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, if no undue advantage is taken, nor any dangerous weapon used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.

I agree with this law, BUT, I would say he didn’t use “usual and ordinary caution”. When you get in a car, it is “usual and ordinary caution“ to ware a seat belt. When you are handed a gun, it’s “usual and ordinary caution“ to check the chamber. (Especially if your going to pull the trigger)

I agree with this law, BUT, I would say he didn’t use “usual and ordinary caution”. When you get in a car, it is “usual and ordinary caution“ to ware a seat belt. When you are handed a gun, it’s “usual and ordinary caution“ to check the chamber. (Especially if your going to pull the trigger)
Now, put it in context of an actor making a movie where there are “professionals” there to make sure things are safe.

If he had any idea the gun was loaded, you'd be right. I don't believe he had any idea. Pulling the trigger when the script doesn't call for it is just a simple mistake.
So....if you had no Idea if the gun was loaded. Would you put the gun to your head and pull the trigger or would you check if first? It's only simple if you don't GAF about anyone but yourself...... Enter Alec Baldwin.

Now, put it in context of an actor making a movie where there are “professionals” there to make sure things are safe.
Others have said that "usual and ordinary caution" on a set includes the actor clearing the firearm and showing that it is clear to anyone on that set.

Aaron Z

Just because the firearm is used on a movie set didn't absolve the actor from negligent behavior.

Read the law.
wouldn't usual and ordinary caution in this case mean following the accepted safety standards of the industry?

the armorer didn't.
the assistant director didn't.
Even if baldwin hadn't pulled the trigger and it was some other actor, wouldn't the producer of the film that had all the responsibility to make sure those standards were followed also then be negligent?

things lawyers are going to get paid a lot of money to discuss I guess.

Just a friendly reminder:

The jan 6th "insurgency" was organized.
Someone left piles of bricks all around our nations cities before "peaceful protests."
Seth Rich wasnt robbed.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
Robinhood along with Melvin capital and other hedge funds committed market manipulation on a vast scale.
The fbi instigated the planning of kidnapping of the Michigan state governor.
Biden did not receive 80 million votes.
The 2019 election was anything but secure.
The "free media" is nothing but lies and propaganda.
Coronavirus was a fear instilling event, whos orgins are highly questionable, utilized to seize power and control.
Fauci tortured puppies.
Hyperinflation is a sonofabitch.

Oh, and heroin got really cheap after we invaded the biggest poppy producing country on the planet.

Tune in next week for more Saturday morning conspiracy theories.

:smokin::usa:

This was 30 years ago, so I don’t really remember. I knew the guy didn’t mean to kill his friend, but he was a dumb shit for bringing a gun out in a party where people were drinking and smoking dope. I think it was manslaughter or wreck less endangering. He could have got serious time, but the sentence was like 30 days in a local jail. But the record is not good.
You think bringing out a gun at a party where people were drinking and smoking dope is a good analog to what happened on the set of Rust? You're being silly.

Baldwin should be guilty no matter what. The chain of responsibility ends with him and he fucked up by not making sure it was unloaded.

Maybe it's "usual and ordinary" for an actor to rely upon the armorer to ensure weapon safety?
That would need to be final sell.

Maybe it's "usual and ordinary" for an actor to rely upon the armorer to ensure weapon safety?
That would need to be final sell.
It would be up to the state to prove otherwise. From what I’ve seen, that’s going to be tough. The burden is on the state.

Chapter 30 article 7 section 30-7-4 A (3), read the law.

wouldn't usual and ordinary caution in this case mean following the accepted safety standards of the industry?

Like treating them as loaded and not pointing them at someone?

Treat all weapons as though they are loaded and/or ready to use. Do not play with weapons and NEVER point one at anyone, including yourself.

1. Guns are dangerous and should be treated as loaded at all times.

2. Live ammunition should NEVER be used.

3. A gun should not be pointed at anyone, including the user, under any circumstances, especially those loaded with blank ammunition.

whole bunch more stuff

https://iatse411.ca/wp-content/uplo...July-2018-SECTIONS-5-8-APPENDIX-A-C-OTHER.pdf

Bit odd that it shows up so often in the unions/studios/etc paperwork not to point guns at anyone and always treat them as loaded.

How long does it take to investigate this bullshit?

Seems it is forgotten news now and the involved will just go on with their privileged lives.

You're not very good at this. Bringing drugs and alcohol into the discussion changes everything.

I agree. When the incident I spoke of happened, they immediately arrested the guy I knew and tested him for intoxicants, he was not drunk or high. Did they arrest AB? Did they test AB? In the case I mentioned, the gun was pointed sideways (not actually aimed) and went off surprising everyone. The dead guy was unlucky to be standing to the side. In AB‘s case, he was pointing it at someone. I would think it should be pointed directly at the camera. If the director wanted a shot a little off to the side, why not point it at a blank space?

Top Back Refresh