What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

Hmmm very interesting. The actual cocking and pulling of the trigger could have been planned on being done in the next sequence or later as an insert shot. It is her job to know the action that is supposed to happen.and although I think the article is overhyping it, what she says makes a lot of sense to me. If he was not supposed to pull the hammer back and pull the trigger for the rehearsal then I don't see how he could escape serious charges.

Hmmm very interesting. The actual cocking and pulling of the trigger could have been planned on being done in the next sequence or later as an insert shot. It is her job to know the action that is supposed to happen.and although I think the article is overhyping it, what she says makes a lot of sense to me. If he was not supposed to pull the hammer back and pull the trigger for the rehearsal then I don't see how he could escape serious charges.
If he had any idea the gun was loaded, you'd be right. I don't believe he had any idea. Pulling the trigger when the script doesn't call for it is just a simple mistake.

Maime Mitchell might be as stupid as Donald Trump :laughing:
Side note...

Always found this interesting.

If you don't like someone, say it.
-"i don't like crusty."

If someone did a particular act that was embarrassing, stupid mistake etc, call it out specifically.
-"i don't like crusty and find his statements to be incoherent, and without basis."

Where as your current statement reads
-"Donald Trump is the bar for stupidity, to which I find maime Mitchel at the same level."

Where do you sit in regards to stupidity? I'm presuming you believe yourself to be smarter than Donald Trump?

If you are in fact smarter...I sure hope your achievements are greater than that of the man who is the benchmark for stupidity for you, otherwise, you are indeed looking up to the man.

:beer::flipoff2:

How hard is it for someone to make sure no live rounds make it into a gun in their posession before they hand it to someone who is going to pull the trigger.

How hard is it for someone to make sure no live rounds make it into a gun in their posession before they hand it to someone who is going to pull the trigger.
If they were using dummy rounds on the set even I would be nervous as fuck to point a gun at someone. They would scare me, blanks not so much.

Apparently to some....it pretty difficult. As crazy as that sounds.

If he had any idea the gun was loaded, you'd be right. I don't believe he had any idea. Pulling the trigger when the script doesn't call for it is just a simple mistake.

He would have an idea if he new anything about guns. You make it sound like he doesn’t know what a gun does. Let’s exchange the gun for a bull dozer. Alec drives the dozer through a building. Would you say “if he had any idea there was diesel in it”? It wouldn’t matter if there was diesel in it if he doesn’t fool with something he doesn’t understand. If he does understand it, it’s his fault.

How hard is it for Alec to make sure there are no live rounds in it also? My brother has handed Me guns before and said “it’s unloaded”. I completely trust my brother, but I would still check the chamber before pulling the trigger. (And I’m not talking about pointing it at someone)

I don't understand this need to give this clown a pass.

If this was YOU, and you picked up a gun you thought was unloaded, even if someone told you it was unloaded, and you shot 2 people, would you get a pass?

All I want is parity.

If this was YOU, and you picked up a gun you thought was unloaded, even if someone told you it was unloaded, and you shot 2 people, would you get a pass?

All I want is parity.
I don't understand why the bitch who was hired to keep the weapons on set under control needs to get a pass. I don't understand why the AD needs to get a pass.

Are you sure I wouldn't get a pass in that situation? It happens a lot. The term "accidental shooting" is a real thing.

If you wanted parity, you'd want every responsible person to be held as responsible as they actually are. On that basis, it doesn't appear that you want parity at all.

I don't understand why the bitch who was hired to keep the weapons on set under control needs to get a pass. I don't understand why the AD needs to get a pass.

Are you sure I wouldn't get a pass in that situation? It happens a lot. The term "accidental shooting" is a real thing.

If you wanted parity, you'd want every responsible person to be held as responsible as they actually are. On that basis, it doesn't appear that you want parity at all.
No, It is EXACTLY parity I want . I am 100% convinced you would catch a charge if you shot someone and your defense was "I didn't think it was loaded"

And you are RIGHT, it does happen a lot, and people get charged A LOT!!!
(I've know a few)

Edit: Sorry, shot 2 PEOPLE, killing one

Last edited:

All I want is parity.
Have you read New Mexico law regarding this? What makes you think you wouldn't "get a pass"?

No, It is EXACTLY parity I want . I am 100% convinced you would catch a charge if you shot someone and your defense was "I didn't think it was loaded"

And you are RIGHT, it does happen a lot, and people get charged A LOT!!!
(I've know a few)

Edit: Sorry, shot 2 PEOPLE, killing one
If you are 100% convinced, how about you show some cases in New Mexico where accidental shootings with an assumed unloaded firearm resulted in charges and convictions.

If you are 100% convinced, how about you show some cases in New Mexico where accidental shootings with an assumed unloaded firearm resulted in charges and convictions.

Are you saying you don’t think a lay person would get any charge? Or are you saying they wouldn’t get a murder charge? In the evidence I’m hearing, I don’t think murder would stick, but manslaughter seems appropriate.

I do happen to know someone (use to) that shot and killed someone at a party with a supposedly unloaded gun. It was a good friend of his and it was for sure an accident. He got charged and convicted. He got a slap on the wrist, but still, he has a record. That was in Pennsylvania.

Are you saying you don’t think a lay person would get any charge? Or are you saying they wouldn’t get a murder charge? In the evidence I’m hearing, I don’t think murder would stick, but manslaughter seems appropriate.

I do happen to know someone (use to) that shot and killed someone at a party with a supposedly unloaded gun. It was a good friend of his and it was for sure an accident. He got charged and convicted. He got a slap on the wrist, but still, he has a record. That was in Pennsylvania.
You've looked up the manslaughter statutes in New Mexico, haven't you? This incident took place in New Mexico, so Pennsylvania laws are not relevant.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:

30-2-5. Excusable homicide.

Homicide is excusable in the following cases:

A. when committed by accident or misfortune in doing any lawful act, by lawful means, with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent; or

B. when committed by accident or misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, if no undue advantage is taken, nor any dangerous weapon used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.

Correct, he will singlehandedly beat this horse until it's dead and stinking.

Charged and convicted of what? If he got a "slap on the wrist", I'm going to assume it wasn't manslaughter or worse.

Why is everyone calling this shooting an accident? This is not an accident, an accident is something that cannot be avoided due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. This was gross negligence pure and simple none of the standard safety protocols were followed. If one just one person had done their due diligence and simply followed just one of the basic firearm safety rules this would not have happened.
Every person involved this incident needs to be criminally charged.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh