What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

I don't know but I do know if this was you or I you can bet your bottom dollar we would have been dragged to jail. Accidental discharge of a weapon = manslaughter in most states. Is NM different?
I mean you're also completely disregarding that this was on an active movie set. All kinds of shit that isn't legal for you and I is perfectly legal on a movie or tv set.

I mean you're also completely disregarding that this was on an active movie set. All kinds of shit that isn't legal for you and I is perfectly legal on a movie or tv set.
Are you saying it's illegal to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger? You'll have to find us the statute. It's not that simple.

Edit: There's a difference between what knowledgeable gun owners know not to do, and what's actually illegal to do.

If you were holding a gun and it just went off without you pulling the trigger, wouldn't the first words out of your mouth be something along the lines of "holy fuck I didn't even pull the trigger, it just went off!!!"

What a pathetic way to try and un-blame yourself for something by making up excuses after the fact

If you were holding a gun and it just went off without you pulling the trigger, wouldn't the first words out of your mouth be something along the lines of "holy fuck I didn't even pull the trigger, it just went off!!!"
Probly. Do we know that's not exactly what he said?

It's far fetched, for sure, but that gun definitely can be fired without pulling the trigger. It's a very old, unsafe design.

Are you saying it's illegal to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger? You'll have to find us the statute. It's not that simple.

Edit: There's a difference between what knowledgeable gun owners know not to do, and what's actually illegal to do.
Pointing a gun at another person is going to fall under brandishing pretty much anywhere.

Holy fuck y'all are stupid.

I never said Baldwin should be charged or that he did anything wrong. I said Dave's comparison of Baldwin to an average person is stupid because it completely disregards the context that makes his situation and a situation like this for a normal person completely different.

If AB is going to lower a crane on a movie set. There is a car hanging from the crane. All he has to do is raise it slightly and than drop it. So he goes in the cab and hits the wrong lever and swings the crane and hits/kills someone. Can he say “I’m dumb, I didn’t know what it did”? “Someone should have made the crane stupid proof”.If he doesn’t know basic crane safety, he shouldn’t touch it. If he does, it’s negligent. What’s different about a gun?

I also wonder if a basic investigation was conducted? Like was AB screwing this girl? Did they test him for drugs/alcohol?

If AB is going to lower a crane on a movie set. There is a car hanging from the crane. All he has to do is raise it slightly and than drop it. So he goes in the cab and hits the wrong lever and swings the crane and hits/kills someone. Can he say “I’m dumb, I didn’t know what it did”? “Someone should have made the crane stupid proof”.If he doesn’t know basic crane safety, he shouldn’t touch it. If he does, it’s negligent. What’s different about a gun?

I also wonder if a basic investigation was conducted? Like was AB screwing this girl? Did they test him for drugs/alcohol?
In that case, criminally, he likely would not be charged, like this case will probably end up, unless he starts doing publicized interviews and saying the wrong thing, like he knows better than to do what he did…..

People are getting criminal matters and civil matters mixed up.

Yes just the trigger man FFS if someone handed you a gun and you weren't responsible enough to check to see if it was loaded or empty and stupid enough to point it at someone and pull the trigger how could anyone else be responsible? Is it the forks fault I'm overweight? Or whomever prepared my dinner?
100% I don't understand why is it so hard for people to understand this basic concept. Just because it was done by an actor making a movie is irrelevant gross negligence is gross negligence regardless of the idiot's occupation.

100% I don't understand why is it so hard for people to understand this basic concept. Just because it was done by an actor making a movie is irrelevant gross negligence is gross negligence regardless of the idiot's occupation.
But, is it criminal in New Mexico?

If AB is going to lower a crane on a movie set. There is a car hanging from the crane. All he has to do is raise it slightly and than drop it.
Sort of unrelated but, I did this exact thing tonight at work. Dropped a 72 Ford van into frame from 30', it made a cloud of rust when it hit:lmao:

Probly. Do we know that's not exactly what he said?

It's far fetched, for sure, but that gun definitely can be fired without pulling the trigger. It's a very old, unsafe design.
it magically cocked itself? or it just cooked one off? or you thinking it was on a loaded round and someone hit the hammer? and it just so happened to point itself at that woman? Alec killed the woman, not an inanimate object. the ridiculous excuses are just that ridiculous.

Murder, Manslaughter,, c&n to name a couple

With the evidence we, the internet, currently has, which of those charges could possible get a conviction in New Mexico?

I don't know but I do know if this was you or I you can bet your bottom dollar we would have been dragged to jail. Accidental discharge of a weapon = manslaughter in most states. Is NM different?

Pointing a gun at another person is going to fall under brandishing pretty much anywhere.

Really? Even an actor in a scene while making a movie? Even an airsoft player during a game?

No.
Go back and read the context of what I wrote. :homer:

You might be, just might be wasting your breath. The torches and pitchforks are already out.

:lmao:

By that definition, every actor who ever held a gun on a movie set is a criminal. You're not that dum.

Holy fuck y'all are stupid.

I never said Baldwin should be charged or that he did anything wrong. I said Dave's comparison of Baldwin to an average person is stupid because it completely disregards the context that makes his situation and a situation like this for a normal person completely different.

Fixed it for you
See above. :homer:

Baldwin is guilty of way more than shooting that woman. This was his production. This whole negligent, unsafe shitshow can be laid at his feet. Most everyone else went along with his crap and they bear a portion of the guilt.
The only people that might be not guilty are the union guys that said "Fuck This" and walked off.

Reckless endangerment resulting in manslaughter seems like a valid charge?
I dunno, just don’t want to see the fuck walk.

NM is not constitutional carry, but I didn’t look any further than that. Does that make AB in illegal possession of a firearm in NM? Or is the firearm considered to be under control of the armor?

Baldwin is guilty of way more than shooting that woman. This was his production. This whole negligent, unsafe shitshow can be laid at his feet. Most everyone else went along with his crap and they bear a portion of the guilt.
The only people that might be not guilty are the union guys that said "Fuck This" and walked off.
that's my argument.
As the employer, he should have been making sure that all the proper things were being done, so him holding a loaded revolver on set is still a failure on him and his production company, whether it "just went off" or not.

Reckless endangerment resulting in manslaughter seems like a valid charge?
I dunno, just don’t want to see the fuck walk.

NM is not constitutional carry, but I didn’t look any further than that. Does that make AB in illegal possession of a firearm in NM? Or is the firearm considered to be under control of the armor?
He’s going to walk, regardless of what we think/want to happen to him. What he did does not appear to be criminal in New Mexico.

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 30-2-5 (2020)
Homicide is excusable in the following cases:
A. when committed by accident or misfortune in doing any lawful act, by lawful means, with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent;

Top Back Refresh