What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

From post #392. Don't like my suggestions? Fine with me;

".We all know the Keanu Reeves story, but obviously he's the exception. Sure it would be nice and even very doable to give everyone on set a firearms safety brief, but I don't see that happening. It needs to be only two people touch the guns, the armorer and the actor. In my industry Intel buys a lot of my product and every weld is signed by the installer with his employee number, total accountability, so if there is a weld failure they know who to talk to, the installer and the supervisor that inspected the weld."
How would that have prevented what happened here? How do know what was told to the crew about firearm safety on set? I would think that the Armorer and actor and producer would have more than a firearms briefing before embarking on this.
I didn't watch the video but Ill bet he shook the bullet. Did he also confirm your revolutionary idea that people should be briefed about firearm safety on film sets? In your experienced are people not briefed on firearm safety and procedures on sets?

How would that have prevented what happened here? How do know what was told to the crew about firearm safety on set? I would think that the Armorer and actor and producer would have more than a firearms briefing before embarking on this.
I didn't watch the video but Ill bet he shook the bullet. Did he also confirm your revolutionary idea that people should be briefed about firearm safety on film sets? In your experienced are people not briefed on firearm safety and procedures on sets?
Oh for fucks sake, the chain of custody was broken when the AD handed the gun to the actor, I'm saying the Armorer should be the last person to check the gun for it's condition and then hand it to the actor. In the video I posted, dude talks about how low budget films are asking the Armorer to also be the Prop Master, which is usually two different people. Maybe the Armorer on Rust enlisted the AD to assist because she had too much on her plate, the investigation should confirm or debunk that theory.

Oh for fucks sake, the chain of custody was broken when the AD handed the gun to the actor, I'm saying the Armorer should be the last person to check the gun for it's condition and then hand it to the actor. In the video I posted, dude talks about how low budget films are asking the Armorer to also be the Prop Master, which is usually two different people. Maybe the Armorer on Rust enlisted the AD to assist because she had too much on her plate, the investigation should confirm or debunk that theory.
Now that you watched that video you seem to be a lot more specific on the details why didn't you post all that up before the vid :shaking:

Why didn't you use a little common sense?
Have you read this thread and clicked on the links? That may not be the best question as I think much of the thread was lost. There is a lack of common sense in this thread I agree 100 percent. Ok please explain my lack of common sense or what I am not understanding about this thread ?

It begins...

TFA said:
Alec Baldwin Sued By Rust Team Member Over Fatal Shooting

Just weeks after Alec Baldwin accidentally misfired a prop gun, fatally striking cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza, a lawsuit against the star has been filed.

Following the fatal tragedy on the set of Rust late last month, Alec Baldwin is now facing a lawsuit from one of the movie's crew members.

In court documents obtained by E! News, on Wednesday, Nov. 10, the movie's chief electrician, Serge Svetnoy, filed suit against Baldwin, as well as the movie's armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed and the film's assistant director, Dave Halls, among others. The suit comes a little over two weeks after Baldwin accidentally misfired a prop gun, fatally striking cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza on Oct. 21.

According to the documents, Svetnoy claims the bullet that struck both Hutchins and Souza nearly hit him as well. Svetnoy also said that he was one of the first people to tend to Hutchins just moments after the gun went off, attempting to keep her conscious until help arrived.

E! News has reached out to reps for Baldwin, Gutierrez-Reed and Halls for comment and have not heard back.

In the aftermath of the incident, Svetnoy also said that the defendants' alleged negligence has caused him "severe emotional distress."

Svetnoy's suit names Baldwin specifically because the crew member said the actor "owed a duty to Plaintiff and other crew members and actors on the Rust set to handle the Colt revolver provided to him by defendant Halls with reasonable care and diligence for the safety of Rust cast and crew."

"This duty called for Defendant Baldwin to double check the Colt revolver with Halls upon being handled to ensure that it did not contain live ammunition," the suit continues. Furthermore, the suit read in part, "This duty further called for [Baldwin] to handle the Colt revolver as if it was loaded and to refrain from pointing it at anyone."

In the days following the tragic incident, both Baldwin and the film's production company each released statements addressing the matter. Earlier this month, on Nov. 1, Baldwin gave his first on-camera comment about Hutchins, calling her his "friend."

In the suit, Svetnoy also said he knew Hutchins for more than five years and considered her a good friend. He is asking for an unspecified amount in damages and a jury trial.
We'll see what happens with this. But, anybody else a little put off by the idea that this guy is suing because of his own "severe emotional distress?" His friend is dead, but it's now all about him? :shaking:

It begins...

We'll see what happens with this. But, anybody else a little put off by the idea that this guy is suing because of his own "severe emotional distress?" His friend is dead, but it's now all about him? :shaking:
It will likely be one of many.

He wants a payday because he'd been trying for 5 years to get into her pants. Now all his efforts are for naught.

0e937d0423b0ce56dbf933a6e7f226d8.png

‘Rust-gaffer-sues-Alec-Baldwin-armorer-for-negligence.jpg

He looks like a douche.

Reactions: DMG
Have you read this thread and clicked on the links? That may not be the best question as I think much of the thread was lost. There is a lack of common sense in this thread I agree 100 percent. Ok please explain my lack of common sense or what I am not understanding about this thread ?
You've been coming across like a troll in the last few pages. I went back and read earlier. Seems you get it, or at least my "common sense" indicates you do, where as many in this thread clearly do not, at all. I don't think Roc Doc is one of those people, FWIW. He's been saying many of the same things you've said.

As for why AB accepted a gun from anyone but the armorer, I'm not sure what that's about. Maybe the AD was the designated delegate to the armorer? If that was the case, then the armorer is still at fault as she clearly did not train the AD to handle guns properly. Not surprising, really, from what I've read about her.

It begins...

If what he alleges is true regarding the "duty to verify safe" and such about the gun, then I hope he wins and it makes a negligent criminal case reasonable.

i don't think it is true. I think his duty to verify safety is covered by having a professional armorer on site. Again, we'll see.
Only way I could see it is some fine print on some generic form from either actors or crew or armorer union or blanket amorer contract

Well how about that, Hollywood breaking ranks.

George Clooney has ripped Alec Baldwin’s deadly shooting of the “Rust” cinematographer as “infuriating” and “insane” — insisting the star and his crew appeared to ignore decades-old safety rules used on every other set.

The veteran Hollywood star told Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast that the death of 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was clearly the result of “a lot of stupid mistakes.”

“Maybe they weren’t even using that gun to do target practice, but they had live ammo with dummies,” Clooney raged of “all this s–t we’ve been seeing with all the Alec Baldwin stuff.”

“And that is insane. It’s insane. It’s infuriating,” insisted Clooney.

The “Ocean’s Eleven” star said that despite having “been on sets for 40 years,” he has never heard of some of the apparent safety measures Baldwin’s Western had used on the deadly set.

“First of all, I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” he said of the doomed safe word that Baldwin believed meant the Colt .45 he fired would not have live bullets.
Clooney has decried the gun terminology that was reportedly used on the “Rust” set.©Focus Features/Courtesy Everett Collection
“I’ve never heard that term. Literally, they’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating,” he said.

Clooney, 60, also insisted that even after getting the all clear, every actor then takes additional steps to personally ensure the weapon is not loaded before they actually fire on set.
George Clooney insisted that even after getting the all clear, every actor takes additional steps to personally ensure a weapon is not loaded.Nathan Congleton/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images
“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.
Santa Fe DA Mary Carmack-Altwies said that “no one has been ruled out at this point ,” including Alec Baldwin.Mark Sagliocco/Getty Images for National Geographic
“Maybe Alec did that — hopefully he did do that,” he said, although initial police reports suggest that the 63-year-old actor relied on the “cold gun” call from his crew.

Clooney insisted that such safety measures were obvious to anyone in movies following previous tragedies over the decades.

The former “ER” star said he was “friends” with Jon-Erik Hexum, who died from a blank in 1984, and “good friends — really good friends — with Brandon Lee,” the 28-year-old son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee who died in a similar on-set shooting while filming “The Crow” in 1993.

“After Brandon died, it really became a very clear thing of, open the gun, look down the barrel, looking in the cylinder, make sure,” he said of industry-wide safety steps that Baldwin appears to have skipped.
Assistant director David Halls is said by some to be culpable for the “Rust” on-set death.IMDB
Clooney suggested that “Rust” assistant director David Halls — who told authorities he handed Baldwin the gun before his fatal shot — appeared to be “the bad guy.”

But he said that “for the life of me,” he could not understand why the Baldwin-produced flick hired rookie armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

“It’s a terrible accident. But a 24-year-old person with that little experience shouldn’t be heading up a department with guns and bullets on it,” he said of the “low-budget film with producers who haven’t produced anything.”

“And so it comes down to, we need to be better at making sure that the heads of our department are … experienced and know what they’re doing,” he said.

“Because this is … I’ve just never, you know — it’s just infuriating,” he said, sounding almost at a loss for words.
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was the armorer of the movie at just 24 years old.Voices of the West/Facebook
Authorities have not charged anyone for last month’s “Rust” shooting in New Mexico.

Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies has warned that “no one has been ruled out at this point,” including Baldwin.

Around 500 rounds were taken as part of the investigation, including blanks, dummy rounds — and some suspected live rounds, officials have said.

whats the difference between a blank and a dummy round? Is that a thing or just on movie sets.
Blank has gun power and will go bang, dummy round looks like a real round but with no gun powder?

whats the difference between a blank and a dummy round? Is that a thing or just on movie sets.
Blank has gun power and will go bang, dummy round looks like a real round but with no gun powder?
Exactly. Dummy round uses a casing that was already fired, is filled with BBs instead of powder and then the bullet is fitted. You can shake it to feel the BBs, and visually see that the Primer is pushed in and not fireable. The blank has no bullet, and a crimped end, and looks nothing like a fireable round. The crimped end lets the powder escape, but no projectile leaves the round.

Isn't it funny how hollywood types have lots to say about every major news story that comes across the wire, but when they can actually shed some light on the situation, most of them remain silent. Cheers to Clooney for speaking up.

Top Back Refresh