What's new

Air Pressure Gauge

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
The gauge on my compressor fill chuck -20psi
Old low pressure air down gauge - 13.5 psi
The air gauge I keep in my truck - 15lbs

I could guess by kicking my tires and be as accurate at my gauges. What are you guys using?

I'm interested in this as well. I've been needing to get one for doing tires on my KTM at very low pressure up to my truck tires

+2
the Ginourmus gauge that came with my via air pump is a huge waste of space.... space
A quality (small) gauge would rock.
Sub 15 psi and + 100 seems hard to come by in a quality gauge that reads both...

I'm interested in this as well. I've been needing to get one for doing tires on my KTM at very low pressure up to my truck tires
They make a low pressure tire gauge just for bike/4wheeler tires.

Wont do your truck but for that low of pressure I wouldn't trust something with a wide range.

You can go to McmasterCarr and make your own. Depending on how fancy and accurate you want to get you can spend just a little or spend a whole lot for better and more accurate components. Gauges are typically most accurate in the center of their range so shop accordingly.

yeah, you'll have fun when you start seeing TPMS sensors, they all seem to read different pressures too
just check all four with the same gauge so they're the same, call it good enough

I use these. One for the race car and one for my vehicles. I use an old style stick gauge to set the pressures on my tow rig.

Find a gauge you like, and buy 5 of them. Check them all on the same tire, keep the one that reads in the middle and throw the other 4 away.

I've settled on these. I have a few different ranges. They have different sized, glow-in-the-dark faces. They also make digital versions, durometers, shock gauges, etc...

I use these. One for the race car and one for my vehicles. I use an old style stick gauge to set the pressures on my tow rig.

Joes Racing are good. Also, Longacre Racing has a pretty large selection of quality gauges.

www.longacreracing.com

They precise, but are they more accurate?

Aaron Z
HD used to have these on sale for $5 during the holidays and they're the best digital ones I've found. They are typically within 1 psi of the TPMS display in my truck. I looked for them this past season and they didn't have them on sale, but if I really needed a gauge, I'd still probably pay the $10 normal price for one.

I've grown fond of this style of tire inflator.

It has a stick gauge that pops out when you release the air trigger so you can check real quick while you are filling. They are really rugged too. Every single inflator that I've had with a dial gauge sticking out on the top ends up getting dropped and the gauges end up getting fucked up.

yeah, you'll have fun when you start seeing TPMS sensors, they all seem to read different pressures too
just check all four with the same gauge so they're the same, call it good enough

And this. I don't care if my pickup tires are at 58PSI or 61PSI when the gauge reads 60 psi, all I care about is that they all have air in them and are reasonably close to the same all the way around. :laughing:

I've grown fond of this style of tire inflator.

It has a stick gauge that pops out when you release the air trigger so you can check real quick while you are filling. They are really rugged too. Every single inflator that I've had with a dial gauge sticking out on the top ends up getting dropped and the gauges end up getting fucked up.
I grabbed all the miltons that they threw out at work when they bought digital gauge type ones, guess who's always borrowing mine that's 'too hard to read' because all the whiz-bang ones are either smashed, leaking or need batteries

they also all read different from each other, you can adjust them internally if you care, I used to do this periodically on the ones at work

inflater/deflater/psi reader king ranch 2500HD DIY model

DSC02343.JPG

I've had this inflator for a few years. I prefer mechanical, and this one seems to be pretty accurate.

Swapped out the original chuck with a quick connect so I can swap on different kinds of chucks. I like a stubby one to get inbetween the duals on my tow rig.

1620050384448.png

1620050397451.png

Last edited:
I grabbed all the miltons that they threw out at work when they bought digital gauge type ones, guess who's always borrowing mine that's 'too hard to read' because all the whiz-bang ones are either smashed, leaking or need batteries

they also all read different from each other, you can adjust them internally if you care, I used to do this periodically on the ones at work
Nice. Yeah those old milton style ones are good too. You're talking about the one that has the internal stick gauge that you read through the magnifying window right? I have a couple of that style too and they are also nice. I got one that has like a 15' hose and locking chuck that makes airing up old cracked truck tires to 100psi a bit less nerve wracking. :laughing:

Nice. Yeah those old milton style ones are good too. You're talking about the one that has the internal stick gauge that you read through the magnifying window right? I have a couple of that style too and they are also nice. I got one that has like a 15' hose and locking chuck that makes airing up old cracked truck tires to 100psi a bit less nerve wracking. :laughing:
yup
the gauge cartridge locknuts are how you adjust them
over time the paint does eventually fall off the numbered bit, disassemble and rotate the tube inside the cartridge to try and find a non-scuffed bit

Top Back Refresh