What's new

Agr box rebuild

NDCjeepsmith

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
SW Mo
Have a YJ AGR assist box that needs rebuilt.

They apparently have gone out of business... are the internals run of mill and available or were they made in house?

I sent an old AGR/Steerco pump to PSC that they determined was not rebuildable. They made me a heck of a deal on a new pump. Deal was so good I bought 2 so I would have a spare. I have never needed the spare.

Hmm. I'll have to give them a shout and see if that applies to boxes as well

Also Radial Dynamics. He is so helpful on here will peoples questions, he might be able to give you some insight.

At this point in time, I'm not really set up to service steering boxes. I couldn't tell you what AGR did to their boxes when they built them but I would suggest reaching out to Lee Power Steering as they are probably one of the better box builders out there.
Not to side track, but do you know the full story with what’s going on at Lee?

I picked up a box there years ago and I think Lee had retired or passed away, but someone (maybe old employee or just another company) bought what was left and kept it going. I recall something about the primary business being building movie set stuff and the steering just kinda merged in with that?

Idk it was a weird story, but at the end of the day I’m just wondering if who ever took over is still putting out quality work and tech or did some of that get lost when Lee is gone.

I've never heard of them but I checked out the website.

$700 for a rebuild...

Anyone have a final price on theirs from PSC or others?

I know the 225 -275 from PSC is just a base estimate and it can go up but what's a good middle ground ballpark?

Not to side track, but do you know the full story with what’s going on at Lee?

I picked up a box there years ago and I think Lee had retired or passed away, but someone (maybe old employee or just another company) bought what was left and kept it going. I recall something about the primary business being building movie set stuff and the steering just kinda merged in with that?

Idk it was a weird story, but at the end of the day I’m just wondering if who ever took over is still putting out quality work and tech or did some of that get lost when Lee is gone.
You pretty much got it. The current owner that bought the business from Lee back around 2017 owns a movie car business, making and operating special camera/film cars for Hollywood and Lee is operated out of the same facility. To my knowledge, most of the staff is still there from when Lee owned it. When I first got started, I was selling pumps that I had them custom build to my specs back before I brought all of my pumps in house. Overall, I can't say anything bad about their quality of work.

You pretty much got it. The current owner that bought the business from Lee back around 2017 owns a movie car business, making and operating special camera/film cars for Hollywood and Lee is operated out of the same facility. To my knowledge, most of the staff is still there from when Lee owned it. When I first got started, I was selling pumps that I had them custom build to my specs back before I brought all of my pumps in house. Overall, I can't say anything bad about their quality of work.
They have been very helpful the few times I’ve done business with them and seemed knowledgeable.
That’s refreshing to hear a transition in ownership success story.

Top Back Refresh