What's new

Aedes Aegytpi - aggressive killer skeeters in Las Vegas and San Jose east

trampas

Don't Re Member
Member Number
Loc
San Mexico
They're worried about these lil fukrs. My guess is southeast Asia, where else would non-native disease carrying insects be coming from. :shaking:

Lol. Mosquitoes in Las Vegas? I’ve been here for over 5 years now and have never been bitten by one.

They have been in my neighborhood for a few years now. They are nasty little fuckers. They bite multiple times instead of one fill up. Vector control has been out all around the neighborhood. Their eggs hatch in 4 days in a thimble of water. I've been using pond mosquito killer in all the outside drains, and it seems to help. They like the plants that hold water.

People will move to a different area or transport a plant with the eggs in the water, and spread the little fuckers. The vector control guy said they were in Ramona in one neighborhood after someone moved there from a affected area.

Lol. Mosquitoes in Las Vegas? I’ve been here for over 5 years now and have never been bitten by one.
Them little fawkers see me from 100 miles away and come running like im a buffet. Ive been here most of my life and never saw a skeeter in Vegas until the last few years, they are here. wierd looking with the little white joints.

That's cute. Come stand under a shade tree by an Arkansas rice field in the summer.

Every town with enough budget to do so has one of these going through sometimes daily, and barely make a dent.

Social-Media-IMGL5491-2015-jpg.jpg

Huh. Thats where I matriculated. Walked home a couple miles from the strip mall at Story and White Rds when I was 2. :laughing:

Doubt they'll ever make it to where I live now.

We got those fuckers in Napa a couple years before we left.

Very aggressive assholes. They'll fuck you up all damn day, they don't wait till dusk.

That's cute. Come stand under a shade tree by an Arkansas rice field in the summer.

Every town with enough budget to do so has one of these going through sometimes daily, and barely make a dent.

Social-Media-IMGL5491-2015-jpg.jpg
Yeah, but they've always been there. They didn't suddenly show up from Asiatown one day and attack.

Im not saying they're alien but, maybe engineered. The article says 4 days to hatch, could you ask for a better genetic play toy?

Subject 1, add bleach. Didnt work subject dead

Subject2, add ammonia. Subject dead

Subject3, add steroids and crack cocaine……… uhhhh day 3 we have Godzilla with a proboscis. Were fawked.

I encountered these buggers in the canyons well north of San Diego a year ago, but to my knowledge they didn't make the news back then? They swarm your ankles, bite, swarm your other ankle and bite again.

The white jointed legs are easy to see if they're sitting on your ankle. Hard to smack dead though, i recall that much.

Hate mosquitoes. :mad3:

Reactions: Jag
I encountered these buggers in the canyons well north of San Diego a year ago, but to my knowledge they didn't make the news back then? They swarm your ankles, bite, swarm your other ankle and bite again.

The white jointed legs are easy to see if they're sitting on your ankle. Hard to smack dead though, i recall that much.

Hate mosquitoes. :mad3:
They have been here in the Menifee area for a couple of years now. Until then, we had zero issues with mosquitos. As stated above, they are daylight biters and the only ones that have ever bit me through my shirts.

just keep a fan blowing on you while you're working, keeps the bugs off you and the heat down

jerry miculek has a nice setup if you look on the youtubes for his 'shooting trailer' it's a little airboat propeller on a horiz shaft gas motor

what I use is old furnace blower fans

They also like to stay low to the ground. It sucks when your sitting at a table on a nice night with shorts on.

just keep a fan blowing on you while you're working

No can do when i'm working outside and walking around a lot.

They also like to stay low to the ground. It sucks when your sitting at a table on a nice night with shorts on.

This is true, i notice them bouncing softly against terra firma slowly moving towards me. Squitos gravitate towards body odors of humans and are attracted to the color blue.

They have been here in the Menifee area for a couple of years now. Until then, we had zero issues with mosquitos. As stated above, they are daylight biters and the only ones that have ever bit me through my shirts.

And they're aggressive af. Even if i stood still and just watched my lower legs i could see them getting close, slowly, finally land and then another couple more within 10-20 seconds.

They bite fast and then re-bite. What kind of crap behavior is that for a mosquito? And they're smaller than normal skeeters that stand 1/4" proud of your skin as they fill up.

Work outside all year in Florida and not close to towns if you want to see some skeeties. Swarms thick enough that they fly up your nose when you breathe. And as bad as that can be, then on the coast is no see ums. Sand gnats. A nice swarm will make you lose your mind when it feels like you skin is on fire

Work outside all year in Florida and not close to towns if you want to see some skeeties. Swarms thick enough that they fly up your nose when you breathe. And as bad as that can be, then on the coast is no see ums. Sand gnats. A nice swarm will make you lose your mind when it feels like you skin is on fire
I look like that kid from peanuts that has the dust cloud follow him everywhere, except they're mosquitos.

I basically live in bug spray all summer. Can't even grill in my backyard without spraying down.

Top Back Refresh