What's new

Adjustable AR10 check riser stock

Archer

Old Man
Member Number
Loc
Pa.
Looking for a stock w/cheek riser for my AR10. Doesn't matter rifle or carbine length. Scope is just high for me to use my double star skeleton stock, head tilts all wonky.

Looking at MDT SCS, nice but too expensive
Magpul PRS Gen 3, seems bulky
XLR TR2 Skeleton stock, leaning this way
Taccom 3, seems like a weak design

Any experience greatly appreciated.

Buddy checking out my 50 cal with a Magpul PRS Gen3. I like it a lot but compared to the rest of the gun, it is not too bulky :grinpimp:
429456255_1091447221896476_211561914409253805_n.jpg

Looking for a stock w/cheek riser for my AR10. Doesn't matter rifle or carbine length. Scope is just high for me to use my double star skeleton stock, head tilts all wonky.

Looking at MDT SCS, nice but too expensive
Magpul PRS Gen 3, seems bulky
XLR TR2 Skeleton stock, leaning this way
Taccom 3, seems like a weak design

Any experience greatly appreciated.
Have Magpul PRS Gen 3's and was concerned about the bulkiness, which for me it's not an issue.

1710261962305.png

If you don't need to much of a rise .800" Magpul has a PRS Lite PRS® Lite Stock My son has one of these and if you're not going from shooting from bench to prone it's a real nice option.

Most Bolt action chassis mfr's offer butt stocks that attach via a buffer tube, pretty lightweight and fully adjustable but they require a wrench same as the Magpul PRS Lite.
I have Bergara 6.5Creedmoore on a XLR chassis, not a high dollar chassis but for what I do it does the job. Here's the buttstock I have TR-2 Tactical Buttstock
1710262337771.png

I run a Luth-AR MBA-1 on my precision type AR rifle. My PRS rifle uses a buttstock like the TR-2 posted above.

I have Bergara 6.5Creedmoore on a XLR chassis, not a high dollar chassis but for what I do it does the job. Here's the buttstock I have TR-2 Tactical Buttstock
1710262337771.png

Like I said, that's the one I was leaning towards, talked to them today, they have the TR2 in stock. I want to see if my local guy can get one in, I like to support the local, even if it's a couple more $$. If not, I'll probably pull the trigger this weekend. pun intended.........:grinpimp:

Did you try the base plate or the weighted panels? Not thinking I need either.

Like I said, that's the one I was leaning towards, talked to them today, they have the TR2 in stock. I want to see if my local guy can get one in, I like to support the local, even if it's a couple more $$. If not, I'll probably pull the trigger this weekend. pun intended.........:grinpimp:

Did you try the base plate or the weighted panels? Not thinking I need either.

No base plate or weights, it's only a 6.5 cr with a suppressor.
Do have a light weight squeeze bag Ultralight Tactical Rear Squeeze Bag
And find it's all I need, also have they're shooting matt and saddle bag rest which are great for shooting off about anything.

I have the Magpul on a few rifles and like the adjustability. My Seekins DMR came with one of their own design, but I don't like it as well as the Magpul PRS.

dmr_front.jpg

I have the Magpul on a few rifles and like the adjustability. My Seekins DMR came with one of their own design, but I don't like it as well as the Magpul PRS.

dmr_front.jpg
Side track, What is your feedback on that handguard profile? It just seems like a weird profile to grip.

Side track, What is your feedback on that handguard profile? It just seems like a weird profile to grip.
It's purely aesthetic for me. I don't ever grip the lower with my support hand. If I'm shooting off a barricade then I'm pushing down on the handguard in front of the scope, and if shooting offhand I do same but grip it three-gun style.

I will say that because of the shape, my Brass Goat doesn't work, so I have to shag my brass after every stage, whereas the 6ARC I built uses a milspec lower and the Brass Goat works great.

Stock came in today with the wrong buffer tube and no locknut, even after I called them told them and verified what I needed, for which gun and to make sure they had it in stock. I even ordered over the phone and not via their shopping cart.

Called them today and getting a bad vibe, they kinda gave the excuse, oh we talk to alot of people and I must not have made the wrong notes on the order form.

Order was not complicated, they only have 3 options. They did say they'll send the right one out right away but when I asked if I would be getting it this week (I have a range day planned for Saturday) they kinda wavered and said they can't guarantee that.

Not real happy with the customer service right now, hopefully that will change but the stock does look top notch. :smokin:

Update, just received an email shipping confirmation for the buffer tube and castle nut. Suppose to be here Wed. If so, I'm liking their customer service more.....:lmao:

Reactions: RMO
I ordered some scope rings a while back, the wrong height rings showed up. Gotta shipping label and the right rings resent without any issues.... Those rings were wrong too.

Called them that time. Told em not to worry about a shipping label as I already had one and can cram both sets in the box. He was not amused:lmao: They got it right the 3rd time though

It's purely aesthetic for me. I don't ever grip the lower with my support hand. If I'm shooting off a barricade then I'm pushing down on the handguard in front of the scope, and if shooting offhand I do same but grip it three-gun style.

I will say that because of the shape, my Brass Goat doesn't work, so I have to shag my brass after every stage, whereas the 6ARC I built uses a milspec lower and the Brass Goat works great.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. The "D" shaped handguard, with a flat bottom is what seems weird to me. I'm not talking about the goofy shaped magwell.(I own one of those also)

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. The "D" shaped handguard, with a flat bottom is what seems weird to me. I'm not talking about the goofy shaped magwell.(I own one of those also)
Flat bottom is for stabilizing when shooting offhand, from a bag or rest, for using ARCA rails and common on stocks for varmint and PRS rifles.

Buddy checking out my 50 cal with a Magpul PRS Gen3. I like it a lot but compared to the rest of the gun, it is not too bulky :grinpimp:
429456255_1091447221896476_211561914409253805_n.jpg
Can't say I've ever seen a .50 BMG and a privacy fence in the same picture. Are your neighbors deaf?

Buffer tube came in a day early so :smokin:, and he exchanged a number of emails on his initiative so I'm liking the customer service.

Oh yeah, he sent me a handful of different XLR stickers, love me some stickers....

I'll get it mounted later tonight.

Can't say I've ever seen a .50 BMG and a privacy fence in the same picture. Are your neighbors deaf?
Buddy was checking out the rifle not firing it. My range is right by the neighbors property line and both 50s piss off the neighbors. The neighbors are my parents though so they can piss off:grinpimp:. They are mostly deaf though so the only way they know I am shooting is if their dogs alert them. The privacy fence is just for our patio.

Installed it last night. I really like the feel and check placement. I had to tilt the cheek riser so I could cycle the charging handle but it actually turned out it made for better cheek placement anyhow.

Background is my new gun room cabinets I'm building. Just have to talk the wife into painting it all when I'm done. I hate painting....

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Installed it last night. I really like the feel and check placement. I had to tilt the cheek riser so I could cycle the charging handle but it actually turned out it made for better cheek placement anyhow.

Background is my new gun room cabinets I'm building. Just have to talk the wife into painting it all when I'm done. I hate painting....
Looks good, enjoy.:smokin:

Last edited:
A little late but I have the PRS on my Ar10 and the B5 Precision stock on my 6mm Max build. The B5 was priced right and didn't seem to bulky. We'll see how it works out when I finally get all my parts in.

Top Back Refresh