What's new

Add-a-leaf

Ummduh

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Northern SE WI
My 95 f250 has a 2" block in the rear. I did the d60 swap and now it's got a little bit of the shitty diaper syndrome. I know the f350 had a 4" block in the rear. I don't really want to swap to the 4" block because I already have pretty bad axle wrap.

I was thinking of just getting a second set of springs and Frankenstein-ing a set of leaves, but I happened to remember about add-a-leaves and looked then up. Rough country makes a 2" and 3", $100 for the set.

I've never actually used a set, will they help with axle wrap at all? This is my camper tow truck, I tow a smaller 5th wheel.

I know the front add a leafs have a bad rap!
Doing what you mentioned most likely won't help with axle wrap, will help level it up.
Doing a top half leaf (in the front half) might help with wrap.
My .02

Buying a random set of junkyard leaves of the same width will cost the same or less, be the same amount of work and get you a lot more options for what to put in your leaf pack to make it behave how you want.

Reactions: Clb
I put an add-a-leaf kit on the rear springs of my F-250 after a 60 front swap, it seemed to look proper.
I got that kit from Bronco Graveyard.
Eventually i did put the 4" 1-ton blocks in though, to make the squat not look so bad with weight in the back.
Axle wrap isn't a problem for me with an IDI... :D

it will get you close

AAL will help some with axle wrap just because pack thicker.

Dont let anyone talk you into a "shackle flip"

This will increase axle wrap.

Junkyard leaf stacking also works

Did you change the front leaf springs to F350 springs? If not, you're going to have a shit ride.

AAL or bastard packed rear springs will be about the same.

Hes gonna have a shit ride with any obs front spring :flipoff2:

It's got the proper front springs and yes, the ride is shit. Lol. Just in the front. Extended cab long bed, I really dont feel the rear.

When I got this truck is had a big ass cabover camper in it. But I took that out. It didn't have any wheel hop or axle wrap. But then most of the springs broke in half so I put a set of springs in that are actually supposed to be in it. I have no idea what the old springs actually where out of, but the damn things were at least 50lbs a side heavier than the "correct" springs I put back in. Now I have horrible axle wrap and wheel hop.

Top Back Refresh