What's new

Accused of being a thief

Arickvan

PBB transfer
Member Number
Loc
Oakley CA
well i went to the rubicon this weekend :gasp: i know

and my buddy broke a trans tailhousing at buck so i took off to go call about finding a replacement, found one in georgetown so off i go, on the way out i see a busted jeep on the slabs,but no people

made it to loon at about 7pm, made it to georgetown about 830pm, left Dons house about 10pm, back to loon about 12pm and back to camp about 2am

when i was on the slabs right by loon, i was rushing a little bit and didnt air down enough and chose a poor line

so there i am pitch black, just my headlights bouncing around, i jump out with a flashlight, see that my tools may have bounced out, so now im walking around with my flashlight, within 50yds of the broken jeep

i realize my tools are all accounted for, get around the one rock that was holding me up :homer: and i see someone walking down the hill towards me

i realize how it looks so i tell the guy about dropping some tools and having to look for them, he seems weary so i tell him im on a late night parts run...

he looks confused says ok, i say ok and off i go, im like 30ft away and realize "late night parts run".... yep he probly thinks im stealing chit :laughing:

next day we run into a group broke down near the slabs, check to see if theyre ok or need anything, they tell us that they heard about some guy trying to steal chit the night before, and i tell them it was me and i was literally on a parts run

get to the slabs and that jeep is still broke down but no people, little farther down the trail i see the guy from the night before walking in with some tools

i tell him about how i realized what i said and how it came off and me having to go to georgetown for an actual parts run, he puts on a big fake smile and tells me "sure bud" :mad3:

fawk you! i dont need your shit ass jeep parts off the mall crawler that left you stranded on the slabs, especially after having driven all night to help my buddy and then still have to load all there gear + 2 extra people and then wheel them out -- is what i thought to myself

so i guess im a thief :laughing:

talk to people less :flipoff2:

I ignore everyone on the trail that I do not know. They get a simple wave and I keep driving. Especially if their shit is broken. I’ve got stuck fixing too many shit boxes that got zero maintenance from the owner. Most of it could have been prevented. So in other words, fuck everyone else.

I ignore everyone on the trail that I do not know. They get a simple wave and I keep driving. Especially if their shit is broken. I’ve got stuck fixing too many shit boxes that got zero maintenance from the owner. Most of it could have been prevented. So in other words, fuck everyone else.

I am the opposite and do whatever I can to help someone who needs it out on the trail. Sure it has led to a lot of "wasted days" but it's all part of it to me.

Would you rather have sex with a camel and nobody will ever know? Or not have sex with a camel and everyone thinks you did?

2nd one, i was more offended that he assumed i would want any of his shit ass dana 35 parts:barf:

gimme a couple more years and ill probly do that too, for now im trying to pay my dues to the community

oh and put your username on your rig so when i see ya broke down i know to just keep on going :flipoff2:

gimme a couple more years and ill probly do that too, for now im trying to pay my dues to the community

oh and put your username on your rig so when i see ya broke down i know to just keep on going :flipoff2:

You should be able to tell as soon as you talk to him, as his tag here is "Grumpy old Fuck." :laughing:

:flipoff2:

There used to be a guy that rode with us that was notorious for breaking stupid shit that could have been taking care of with a little maintenance. Nope he'd wait for shit to break and then just :mr-t: rig it on the trail. Needless to say we stopped informing him of up coming rides.

He is the guy with his name stamped on his front lockout hubs. Dont stop for anyone with his name on them. :flipoff2:

If they didn’t have anything missing and left a rig unattended, they are dumbasses anyway.

well i went to the rubicon this weekend :gasp: i know

and my buddy broke a trans tailhousing at buck so i took off to go call about finding a replacement, found one in georgetown so off i go, on the way out i see a busted jeep on the slabs,but no people

made it to loon at about 7pm, made it to georgetown about 830pm, left Dons house about 10pm, back to loon about 12pm and back to camp about 2am

when i was on the slabs right by loon, i was rushing a little bit and didnt air down enough and chose a poor line

so there i am pitch black, just my headlights bouncing around, i jump out with a flashlight, see that my tools may have bounced out, so now im walking around with my flashlight, within 50yds of the broken jeep

i realize my tools are all accounted for, get around the one rock that was holding me up :homer: and i see someone walking down the hill towards me

i realize how it looks so i tell the guy about dropping some tools and having to look for them, he seems weary so i tell him im on a late night parts run...

he looks confused says ok, i say ok and off i go, im like 30ft away and realize "late night parts run".... yep he probly thinks im stealing chit :laughing:

next day we run into a group broke down near the slabs, check to see if theyre ok or need anything, they tell us that they heard about some guy trying to steal chit the night before, and i tell them it was me and i was literally on a parts run

get to the slabs and that jeep is still broke down but no people, little farther down the trail i see the guy from the night before walking in with some tools

i tell him about how i realized what i said and how it came off and me having to go to georgetown for an actual parts run, he puts on a big fake smile and tells me "sure bud" :mad3:

fawk you! i dont need your shit ass jeep parts off the mall crawler that left you stranded on the slabs, especially after having driven all night to help my buddy and then still have to load all there gear + 2 extra people and then wheel them out -- is what i thought to myself

so i guess im a thief :laughing:

The guy didnt really accuse you of being a thief. He may have been responding to the fact that you are apparently as chatty as a woman. :flipoff2:

The guy didnt really accuse you of being a thief. He may have been responding to the fact that you are apparently as chatty as a woman. :flipoff2:

ya true, and geez how else am i going to get free beer :flipoff2:

if he broke down and was camping near there and heard someone making a bunch of noise late at night I'm sure he had assumed that before you opened your mouth and added to his suspicion :flipoff2:

His shit never breaks, hes the king of the toyota section ebadasses who never posts any real tech or pics of what hes built and probably never wheels, so you will be fine.:flipoff2:

You talked to much and made yourself look suspicious, especially the next day. Didnt really sound they accused you of anything, and even if they did just tell them you were looting the jeep as an expression of solidarity for 400 years of :mr-t: oppression and accuse them of being racist.:flipoff2:

When I see people out walking alone on the Rubicon at 2am, I sneak up and hug them.
I figure they are just lonely.

No late night McD's cheeseburger buy?

Count your blessings to write this drama after running into that guy-

No late night McD's cheeseburger buy?

Count your blessings to write this drama after running into that guy-

nah taco hell is where its at :flipoff2:

and ya thats true, not sure how i would have reacted if he came at me sideways, i was all hopped up on mountain dew

i had the tailhousing and 5 quarts of atf with receipt on my passenger floorboard, so it woulda been a point and look if he actually questioned me

His shit never breaks, hes the king of the toyota section ebadasses who never posts any real tech or pics of what hes built and probably never wheels, so you will be fine.:flipoff2:

You talked to much and made yourself look suspicious, especially the next day. Didnt really sound they accused you of anything, and even if they did just tell them you were looting the jeep as an expression of solidarity for 400 years of :mr-t: oppression and accuse them of being racist.:flipoff2:

:laughing: or go the other way, "hey bro, im too white and have too many teeth to be stealin"

Top Back Refresh