What's new

AC dryer near headers

gt1guy

Apparently a racist
Member Number
Loc
New Iberia, La.
Is it detrimental to the ac system if the dryer is within 6"-8" of a header tube? I'm planning to mount it on the inner fender which is well vented from the outside. Making a little heat shield for it isn't a problem.

I have no idea what's inside a dryer, or what it actually does.....other than the name dryer.

Header will be ceramic coated stainless.

The system is designed to purge heat going flow front, any cold line near heat will be detrimental.
Iirc the drier is on the return side...
Doing mine now, so I'll be watching.

The system is designed to purge heat going flow front, any cold line near heat will be detrimental.
Iirc the drier is on the return side...
Doing mine now, so I'll be watching.

That makes sense. The dryer is a -6 hose coming back from the condenser on my Vintage Air kit. So it's just been cooled off.

I guess I'll go with plan B. Installing it on the firewall inside the tub. I've been waiting on installing the door bars on the cage.................now I know why.:grinpimp:

No chance of mounting the receiver/dryer up with the condenser? That's how OEM stuff is usually set up.

No chance of mounting the receiver/dryer up with the condenser? That's how OEM stuff is usually set up.

No chance in hell. After chopping 10" of width out of the hood and grill up front, empty space is at a premium.

So, me being me, I actually pulled out the instructions for the ac kit.

2021-05-09 12.48.46.jpg

It's almost like they knew I was coming🥴.

Sometimes I make myself feel stupid.

I think 6-8" would be fine and imagine they are saying "not next to" as in, not within an inch.

sure not the coolest spot possible, but if you are running the engine enough that the headers are cooking through the ceramic coating, you probably arne't concerned about peak A/C efficiency :laughing:

coated headers are designed to keep the heat inside the tubes and not retain it in the metal like thick/heavy cast manifolds

Top Back Refresh