What's new

A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington On Ammo Demand

It's a number than has been banded about on the news

So just made up then :)

If 40m transfers take place, I wonder how many of those are 1st time buyers?
Nothing on the 4473 indicates this info.

I know I have had a bunch of first time AR buyers, but thats been pretty consistent since I started in 07.

I don't know, I know they have said there is a bunch of new people buying guns last year. If the shortage of canning jars are any way to judge, there is a lot of new people. I finally bought an AR one in 2019, have never shot it! Spent this year buying all the ammo I could afford

Last edited:
So just made up then :)

If 40m transfers take place, I wonder how many of those are 1st time buyers?
Nothing on the 4473 indicates this info.

I know I have had a bunch of first time AR buyers, but thats been pretty consistent since I started in 07.

Glad you made it over.

7 Million new gun owners = a shitload more demand.

I did a quick search and the birthrate is about 3 to 4 mil per year in the US. My translation is that gun ownership is about doubling population growth for the past year. After all the ammo shortages over the past decade or so I am shocked as to how many lifelong gun owners in their 50's that I know are now waking up and looking for ammo.

I did a quick search and the birthrate is about 3 to 4 mil per year in the US. My translation is that gun ownership is about doubling population growth for the past year. After all the ammo shortages over the past decade or so I am shocked as to how many lifelong gun owners in their 50's that I know are now waking up and looking for ammo.

Because it was never an issue or anything they cared about coming up. Now they want to buy a new 20 round box for their hunting rifle ans see the shelves barren like a soviet grocery store and wonder WTF?

Because it was never an issue or anything they cared about coming up. Now they want to buy a new 20 round box for their hunting rifle ans see the shelves barren like a soviet grocery store and wonder WTF?

Correct. There are a whole lot of gun owners who aren’t “gun people”. Hunting rifle example or dude with one handgun in a box in the closet he hasn’t even looked at in 5 years. Then they see the empty shelves, go online, and order 10 boxes of ammo instead of their 1.

Hopefully 2020 was a wake up call for a bunch of people, not necessarily to stockpile ammo but to stand up for our rights, and see why someone might “need” an AR15, as if that’s the criteria for the constitution. :shaking:

Last edited:
Correct. There are a whole lot of gun owners who aren’t “gun people”. Hunting rifle example or dude with one handgun in a box in the closet he hasn’t even looked at in 5 years. Then they see the empty shelves, go online, and order 10 boxes of ammo instead of their 1.

Hopefully 2020 was a wake up call for a bunch of people, not necessarily to stockpile ammo but to stand up for our rights, and see why someone might “need” an AR15, as if that’s the criteria for the constitution. :shaking:

and yet biden might be our president.
know a dick head that wanted to buy a gun recently. couldn't understand why so many rules, he is a liberal. was pissed that he had to take a safety course, wait for the sheriff's office to approve his permit application, then go buy a gun, not bring it home because it needed to be added to his his pistol permit. once on the permit the sheriff's office gave him his coupon to pick up his gun.
yet he voted for biden.

can't fix stupid

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of scaring him back into his hole!

No hole, just got fed up with the old site. Was looking at something for my LS swap over there and saw a link to this palce

and yet biden might be our president.
know a dick head that wanted to buy a gun recently. couldn't understand why so many rules, he is a liberal. was pissed that he had to take a safety course, wait for the sheriff's office to approve his permit application, then go buy a gun, not bring it home because it needed to be added to his his pistol permit. once on the permit the sheriff's office gave him his coupon to pick up his gun.
yet he voted for biden.

can't fix stupid

Heard this stuff many times. “You can buy a gun online easier than X,Y,Z.” “We need more restrictions to keep them out of the hands of bad people!”

Then they see the actual process when BLM threatens to march through their neighborhood and are pissed off.

How is this different than sandy hook or any of the other runs on ammo? The guys I am speaking of have seen all the past runs on ammo and guns and figured that a few boxes of ammo would see them through, they were fools and should have known better. The way I see it is that this shortage will go on with no end in sight. The incoming administration is going to look at where Obama and Clinton failed and try to figure out a way to shut the gun and ammo pipeline off.

This time is different because one major political party encouraged "mostly peaceful protesting" while at the same time shouting to "defund the police". People saw that they were on their own for protection and now there are at least 7,000,000 more gun owners in the country. Top that off with someone who ran to be head of that political party said "hell yeah we're coming for your AR15". It all adds up to epic levels of panic buying.

It's been pretty much a perfect storm of events, riots, pandemic, politics, new gun owners.

Mix in the Remington bankruptcy fiasco (I saw one article that stated they were down to maybe 50 employees at one of the AL plants due to cutbacks before this all started, though most have been hired back). Along with a few hiccups/disruptions with Olin taking back over at Lake City.

if you notice the ank stencilled on the forklifts
they're pretty much right next door
heard through the grapevine that they've been having huge troubles finding anyone that can piss clean
like single digit percent of applicants

I gaurentee that finding people to show up to work, and pass a drug test are an issue. I know that it is an issue in NC, and seems to be an issue around the country. If the govt would stop sending people "free" money, maybe they would go to work and this "bad" economy would rebound.

New video From Remington

Saw that video this week. Knew they went through the bankruptcy deal but had no idea they weren’t producing ammo this whole time. Over a year of 24/7 production at top dollar for every single round manufacturers can churn out, and they’ve been sitting on the sidelines. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh