What's new

A kinda stockish 4runner

Oof, $500 is steep. I've had shafts retube with heavyeall for half that.

Yeah, the shop that used to do em in town for reasonable rates sold all his shit, and now these guys are the only game in town.

They charged a buddy $1100 for a 2 piece for his big block chev Dakota.:laughing: saw him coming though.

Holy shit. It's like a friggin Lexus. So smooth and quiet to drive. I can speak at a normal speaking level in it. Tires don't even need to be balanced...not that a tire shop with insurance would ever give them back to me anyway. It doesn't shake so bad it can mix drinks while rolling down the road. Shifting the w56, even with a new seat and bushing is a lot like stirring a pit of gutter runner's soup. And it smells like burning mice, but I'm sure that'll pass.

Holy shit. It's like a friggin Lexus. So smooth and quiet to drive. I can speak at a normal speaking level in it. Tires don't even need to be balanced...not that a tire shop with insurance would ever give them back to me anyway. It doesn't shake so bad it can mix drinks while rolling down the road. Shifting the w56, even with a new seat and bushing is a lot like stirring a pit of gutter runner's soup. And it smells like burning mice, but I'm sure that'll pass.
😂😂😂😂😂🍻🇨🇦

Here's a tech question-

My dash switch for the blower fan melted years ago, and it's now just a toggle switch for the fan, so the 2 settings are full blast, and off. It's a 3 position toggle, on/off/on, so how do I turn down one of the on positions to be a lower setting?

It's a 3 position toggle, on/off/on, so how do I turn down one of the on positions to be a lower setting?
Put in a new dash switch and/or blower resistor haha

Resistor should be pretty cheap to try on one of your "on" sides to see how much it slows down and how hot it gets.

Like your setup, I ran mine like that for a while before I solid axle'd it and it got through some surprising places.

Last edited:
So...any idea how much resistance would be appropriate? This is over my head. I searched resistor assortment kit on Amazon and found this.

Seems like that would solve any and all resistor related problems for likely my lifetime.

Dash lights died. Fucked about trying to find what wire does what, gave up and slapped some green penny lights into it. Those work great, but I've got no turn signals. Hazards work. Figure it's probably the combination switch gradually dieing.
Thoughts?

I forget how I unfucked that last situation, but this thing still sucks awesomely. Runs like a thing that runs pretty ok sometimes. Starts right up mostly and idles after I rev it up so it runs right. Rear leafs are way too stiff, but to make them less stiff, I'd need to work on it instead of just using it, so I'm gonna keep using it and hope they get softer. They won't. They have 11 leafs in them. I could load this truck, in the back of this truck, and it would rode nicely.:laughing:

Anyway, went out and revved the piss out of it yesterday. Its gutless as shit below about 3500rpm, but it's also a potentially over 500,000km 22re, soooo.....I'm gonna slap some 33x12.5s on and see if that helps.
1000010245.jpg

Top Back Refresh