What's new

A/C

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali. I have owned it from day one and it's my "farm" truck of sorts. I live in the city but use it to go to the farm every week and keep a bunch of my tools and shit that I need both places in it.

It has the front/rear air. The compressor chatters because of the whatever the notice was about the A/C system in these things many moons ago. It already cost me a rad and tranny lines when it broke an A/C belt

So, I have run the A/C in a couple of years but fuck it's getting hot so I back around to considering spending money on the A/C. I don't want to spend any money on the damn thing until it complete craps out but this A/C thing is the most annoying.

what is my cheapest route to get a new compressor installed? I don't know shit about A/C, in cars, or otherwise. I'd like to not spend a whole lot more than three-fiddy

i just did mine in my 2002 burb and then paid someone else to charge it. new compressor, dryer, filter/orifice deal condenser, high side sensor, and o-rings for about 350 including the charge. Rockauto for the win, just be sure to get a compressor with oil already in it.

i just did mine in my 2002 burb and then paid someone else to charge it. new compressor, dryer, filter/orifice deal condenser, high side sensor, and o-rings for about 350 including the charge. Rockauto for the win, just be sure to get a compressor with oil already in it.

shit, for real? I was expecting about twice that.

did you get them to pull the refrigerant from the old first?

when you ordered the compressor did all of the other shit come with it or do I need to pick and order each thing? I knew about the dryer thingamabob

I just swung by rockauto to grab a link for you, but there are a few options for you to figure out (rear controls and what kind of fittings etc).

I got lucky (I guess) because my system had self-evacuated. Evidently I kicked up a rock or something that grenaded my high side cutoff and leaked all the charge out.

There are full kits there that include compressor, condenser, o-ring/seal kit, dryer etc for around $200-$250. I sourced the hi side sensor from my local oreillys for another $20ish.

Solvent flush.

Good point. I replaced the condenser/dryer etc, but while I had the system apart for o-ring replacement, I cleaned all of the lines out well with solvent and compressed air.

I just swung by rockauto to grab a link for you, but there are a few options for you to figure out (rear controls and what kind of fittings etc).

I got lucky (I guess) because my system had self-evacuated. Evidently I kicked up a rock or something that grenaded my high side cutoff and leaked all the charge out.

There are full kits there that include compressor, condenser, o-ring/seal kit, dryer etc for around $200-$250. I sourced the hi side sensor from my local oreillys for another $20ish.

Yeah, it’s always a bitch to find the right part for this thing. Because it’s a first year xl denali, it has some shit that’s not the same as burbs, hoes and regular yukons or yukon XLs

Top Back Refresh