Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
Coming soon

probably not the crowd for it, it'll probably go to a broverlander on CL when I get it ready

97 4 runner
V6 4wd AT
146k miles
No diff lock
SR5, cloth interior in decent shape
silver ish outside, tan inside
power windows
runs a little rough, it'd been parked for 2 years, it needed a tranny solenoid, that's been replaced.
I put fresh gas in out and it's been steadily running better. Might throw plugs and wires at it this week.
No CEL
Nothing out of the ordinary in the tranny pan, washed out the filter abs reinstalled, topped off with fresh atf.
no rust, minor scuffs on body, little sun faded.
Stock alloy wheels and half tread all season tires that are a little dry.
has a timing belt sticker
it looks like it's never been offroaded
The valve covers and oil pan are weeping.
Not a cream puff, but not a ragged out beater

$5k

Mine had a miss when I got it and it was the plug wires. Also check that it doesn't have non factory coil packs.

My 96 is the best vehicle I've owned. It's got 335k with nothing more than a basic maintenance. I'd recommend one to anyone.

Mine had a miss when I got it and it was the plug wires. Also check that it doesn't have non factory coil packs.

My 96 is the best vehicle I've owned. It's got 335k with nothing more than a basic maintenance. I'd recommend one to anyone.

Absolutely, if I didn't have the 03 sequoia I'd keep it. I had an 01 sport with a lockrite and 285s. Damn thing went everywhere. My friends gave me shit that I never took the crawler out, they'd be fixing their junk on the trail, I'd roll down the power window, ask if they needed help, kids asleep in their car seats, a.c. blasting:laughing:

I'll probably do plugs and wires, but I'm thinking it's old gas. Good info on the coils tho

Absolutely, if I didn't have the 03 sequoia I'd keep it. I had an 01 sport with a lockrite and 285s. Damn thing went everywhere. My friends gave me shit that I never took the crawler out, they'd be fixing their junk on the trail, I'd roll down the power window, ask if they needed help, kids asleep in their car seats, a.c. blasting:laughing:

I'll probably do plugs and wires, but I'm thinking it's old gas. Good info on the coils tho

Ours is similar, elocker, 285s, I've passed dozens of rigs on 37-44s in the snow. Most with funny looks on their faces. :laughing:​​​​​​

Amazon has toyota coil packs for ~$90 ea. Luckily there is only 3, not individual like an LS.

Fresh plugs and wires cleared up the miss, Denso and NGK parts. Going to get an emissions test tomorrow, cold AC. Title in hand, I'll wipe it down and ready to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh