What's new

'94 Pickup Build

Thanks!! Those show me exactly what I wanted to see. Your T-case is up higher than mine. So with this and the interior pictures I now have a good idea what i'm going to do. THANKS again. This is why I like forums for builds. Wheelers helping other Wheelers.

Great, if this turd helps anyone in the slightest I'm happy

Any pics of how the tunnel is constructed? I flat-bellied mine and will need to enclose the tunnel eventually when I start on the cage.

Yeah, I can take some or see what I can find. It's basically just piece of sheet bent in a U shape. The shifter and t case holes didn't line up anymore after the auto swap and another piece of place was put over it if that makes sense.

I'm in the process of redoing everything over the tunnel, moving the shifter up and back and tying the console into the dash. It's pretty rough right now.

Any pics of how the tunnel is constructed? I flat-bellied mine and will need to enclose the tunnel eventually when I start on the cage.

Neither of these are current, but I think they show what you're looking for.

49938015516_32153e84d0_k.jpg

49938316882_c1023e9411_k.jpg

Is this a puller fan?

Truck is looking much better, I really like buggy'd out single cabs.

Thanks, and yes it is. I'm not sure it'll pull enough mounted there, if it doesn't I'll change to a pusher. The whole cooling system is a bit of an experiment.

I can imagine that big aluminum radiator not keeping a 4 cyl cool. I've heard the lack of air flow in a rear rad, is usually offset but the increased coolant capacity and the long tubes dissipating heat.

I was thinking you would regret having the fan blowing on your fuel cell and back of the cab, but on second thought, maybe you could run a 3 way switch and it might be nice on snow runs. :flipoff2:

I can imagine that big aluminum radiator not keeping a 4 cyl cool. I've heard the lack of air flow in a rear rad, is usually offset but the increased coolant capacity and the long tubes dissipating heat.

I was thinking you would regret having the fan blowing on your fuel cell and back of the cab, but on second thought, maybe you could run a 3 way switch and it might be nice on snow runs. :flipoff2:

Supposedly it's a V8 radiator, i feel like it's plenty of cooling capacity. We'll see on the airflow, there is definitely a trade off to a pusher or a puller. I heat wrapped the tubes under the cab, I didn't want them making the floor any hotter than they already get.

I was thinking of squeezing a mojave heater under the dash but maybe the 3 way switch idea needs some consideration. :laughing:

I don't know if it would make up for no heater, but it would probably help. Maybe if you did some temporary ducting and a close able vent in the back of the cab.

I've heard good things about the summit racing brand heater.

I'm thinking heated seats is high on the list for my next rig. But those don't defrost a window.

I don't know if it would make up for no heater, but it would probably help. Maybe if you did some temporary ducting and a close able vent in the back of the cab.

I've heard good things about the summit racing brand heater.

I'm thinking heated seats is high on the list for my next rig. But those don't defrost a window.

I was this close to springing for heated seats when I bought my seats, but like you said no defrost and for the money I just wouldn't get enough use out of them. It's a good haul for me to go wheeling at all and snow wheeling just isn't common

I'm pulling whats left of the wiring. I bought a new Offroad Solutions engine harness with ignition and charging circuits. It's pricey but nicely made and well labeled, should be plug and play. I would've been chasing and figuring out wiring forever. I can make more money but not more time.

50075900727_92815e7ca9_k.jpg

50075900517_2fa7221e5d_k.jpg Untitled

Slowly making progress on the wiring. Engine harness is in.

50133126513_da9d83e2da_k.jpg Untitled

Started on the dash, experimenting with lexan panels I had left over from the bedsides. The idea I have is good, I'm not sure I can actually make it happen the way I think I can. Hopefully it doesn't look like ass.

Some dash progress, still pretty rough but it'll be functional. I've spent so much time thinking about the layout that my wife has started making fun of me for just sitting in the truck and doing nothing. Working on the dash and interior is a totally new thing for me.

Untitled

The only mechanical gauges will be temp and oil pressure, they'll be behind the steering wheel. Everything else will be on a tablet and OBDII connector. I'll be able to get MPH from the speed sensor off the tcase, however accurate that'll be.

I'm trying to keep everything in reach when my harnesses are on, so far I can just barely reach the winch controls.

I sold the ugly ass wheels and tires. Yes, someone paid money for them.

I picked up some old school MTR stickies for almost nothing and ordered some new steel beadlocks.

50194967398_7c58c80331_k.jpg Untitled

You're going to love those MTR stickies. Best wheeling tires I've owned. I have 6 of them.

That's good to hear, I'm a little concerned that they're really old and maybe not sticky anymore.

They look like they're still in good shape, no cracks or anything.

That's good to hear, I'm a little concerned that they're really old and maybe not sticky anymore.

They look like they're still in good shape, no cracks or anything.

Last one I bought was 2008ish and the original set in 05 right when they came out. There's been no degradation on any of them other than stupid pedal wear. They don't get that Krawler roundness and chunking typical of stickies. No dry rotcrot either for being so old. It's been a solid investment for me. You're going to have fun with them. My favorite thing about them is how they loaf out aired down and snow wheeling performance. I read you don't typically play in snow, but letting you know they do well there too.

I've only punctured one and that was in an accident with an Avalanche and a sheet metal tab for its plastic cladding gashed the sidewall. Tough ass tires.

I'm excited for you, Man:smokin:

Last one I bought was 2008ish and the original set in 05 right when they came out. There's been no degradation on any of them other than stupid pedal wear. They don't get that Krawler roundness and chunking typical of stickies. No dry rotcrot either for being so old. It's been a solid investment for me. You're going to have fun with them. My favorite thing about them is how they loaf out aired down and snow wheeling performance. I read you don't typically play in snow, but letting you know they do well there too.

I've only punctured one and that was in an accident with an Avalanche and a sheet metal tab for its plastic cladding gashed the sidewall. Tough ass tires.

I'm excited for you, Man:smokin:

Thanks, sounds like a good deal I got then. Traded a stock Toyota t-case to a friend for 4 of them.

The dash is coming together. The top will be flexible plastic attached from behind the dash bar. ECU and the fuse block and relays for the engine will go behind the panel on the passenger side.

50197130346_b934204860_k.jpg Untitled

50196583438_4fba747295_k.jpg Untitled

Now I realize why chase sold this thing so cheap, But awesome work on making it better. Looks great so far, and thank god you got rid of those wheels haha.

Now I realize why chase sold this thing so cheap, But awesome work on making it better. Looks great so far, and thank god you got rid of those wheels haha.

He got every bit of good out of it for sure lol. I'm pretty sure I still over paid.

Those wheels were the worst

Those wheels were the worst

Those wheels reminded me of all the beat-to-shit straight piped square bodies I'd see around my small town in the early 2000s

which beadlocks did you order? I have been eyeing battleborn. They were OOS forever so I started a DIY set for my Yota axles before I decided to ditch my setup and start collecting parts for tons. I guess it's good they were OOS and I didn't drop any more money than I had to :homer:

Those wheels reminded me of all the beat-to-shit straight piped square bodies I'd see around my small town in the early 2000s

which beadlocks did you order? I have been eyeing battleborn. They were OOS forever so I started a DIY set for my Yota axles before I decided to ditch my setup and start collecting parts for tons. I guess it's good they were OOS and I didn't drop any more money than I had to :homer:

Not surprisingly the guy that bought them is putting them on a square body Suburban. It's a river truck and since he's heavy less tread is better :homer: :lmao:

Battleborn is what I ordered, they should be here today. They were the cheapest completed beadlocks I found.

:grinpimp:

how is the fit and finish?

Very nice, better than I would've done at a weld on for sure.

The package was ridiculous. Everytime I've ordered wheels in the past they just came in a box. These were all wrapped in foam and had some hairnet like thing on them to keep dust off.

Everyone knows 12voltguy is awesome. Great customer service.

I contacted him because the switch cover on the winch plate he just sent me came apart. I told him I was pretty sure I somehow broke it and wanted to buy a replacement. He sent me a new one for free.

50240704276_211f84b6b9_k.jpg

Top Back Refresh