What's new

87,000 irs agents

B71C80DE-D994-42C0-97B2-ABD287A5C3B1.jpeg
A full two days posted ahead of the FB pundits.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

I'm sorry, but the whole job posting about carrying a gun, to me that just feels like fake bullshit.

These jobs are not even fully funded yet, and I HIGHLY doubt that they are posted.

ALSO, Nobody has said it, but I just have a feeling that a LOT of these jobs are going to be subbed out overseas (like 80,000 of the 87,000) .

NO, I haven't seen this written anywhere it's just a feeling BUT I just bet some guy in Mumbai is going to be combing through the IRS files and generating letters. :homer:

I'm sorry, but the whole job posting about carrying a gun, to me that just feels like fake bullshit.

These jobs are not even fully funded yet, and I HIGHLY doubt that they are posted.

ALSO, Nobody has said it, but I just have a feeling that a LOT of these jobs are going to be subbed out overseas (like 80,000 of the 87,000) .

NO, I haven't seen this written anywhere it's just a feeling BUT I just bet some guy in Mumbai is going to be combing through the IRS files and generating letters. :homer:

doubt it they would never be able to log into a .gov computer system from over there. they will pack up guy in Mumbai and fly his family over here and buy him a house and then stick in front of a .gov computer to do this though. :flipoff2:

Have you any clue how big and complex the tax code it? I bet they could bust 90% or more if they went line by line and questioned people.
WIth the common use of tax software in conjunction with the low interest rate and high standard deduction.... I'll take that bet.

I bet it's less than 15%

WIth the common use of tax software in conjunction with the low interest rate and high standard deduction.... I'll take that bet.

I bet it's less than 15%

IRS makes a ton of mistakes as well. And if you read the fine print, the software doesn't guarantee accuracy. It still relies on the complex filer to "know" what can/cannot be deducted. 77k pages...

IRS makes a ton of mistakes as well. And if you read the fine print, the software doesn't guarantee accuracy. It still relies on the complex filer to "know" what can/cannot be deducted. 77k pages...
I agree that it's not accurate, but I believe the errors are in favor of the IRS, not the citizen.

But again, a guess and a strong feeling.

I agree that it's not accurate, but I believe the errors are in favor of the IRS, not the citizen.

But again, a guess and a strong feeling.

you may be correct. It took over 2 years to get an IRS mistake corrected, in my case. I had to pay them a hefty sum of money to prevent penalties from accruing and then deal with incompetence over and over. Even my CPA was surprised.

finally got the money back and a "we're sorry" letter.

Two weeks later, we received a "We need 3 more months to review your case." After reading the thread below, I would not be surprised to get a "you owe us" letter... with accrued penalties.

How about flat tax? 5% of income. Regardless of what you make.

Perks are considered income. Free car to drive? Treat it as a lease and pay taxes on market value etc…

Corporations are not people and thus should NOT be taxed.

Perks are considered income. Free car to drive? Treat it as a lease and pay taxes on market value etc…

Two things

1. Most people will tell you that a corporation doesn't pay taxes. The Tax is just passed to the consumer, so .... You can't logically say both things.

2. A Corporation acts as a person in most ways. That's how it's a shields the actual person. it performs the legal function of being a person, so the real people can avoid the accountability.

2.(b) I actually saw a lawsuit where guy was driving in the HOV with the corporate charter in the car and made the claim legally he had two people in the car and therefore was qualified to drive in the HOV.

Reactions: DMG

the whole story is kind of like the Obama Tan Suit fiasco. people are incompetent enough on their own, why conflate or create?

how about our gov quit giving away money to other countries, quit wasting it on gender fish studies, and all the other asinine things they spend our money on and get rid of income tax. there is no need for your average american to pay income tax if our gov wasnt wasteful corrupt scum, theres plenty of other tax revenues like sales tax.

also im not saying your idea isnt vastly better then what we have currently

how about our gov quit giving away money to other countries, quit wasting it on gender fish studies, and all the other asinine things they spend our money on and get rid of income tax. there is no need for your average american to pay income tax if our gov wasnt wasteful corrupt scum, theres plenty of other tax revenues like sales tax.

also im not saying your idea isnt vastly better then what we have currently
We have no balanced budget amendment.

We haven't had a balanced budget in decades

Our money is backed by nothing

We seem to make up trillions for whatever the agenda is for the day, be it Ukraine, or the Climate, or Covid

I'm trying to figure out why we need taxes at all, just make more shit up.

if-the-government-has-enough-money-to-send-to-foreign-countries-then-the-government-is-taking-...jpg

Two things

1. Most people will tell you that a corporation doesn't pay taxes. The Tax is just passed to the consumer, so .... You can't logically say both things.

2. A Corporation acts as a person in most ways. That's how it's a shields the actual person. it performs the legal function of being a person, so the real people can avoid the accountability.

2.(b) I actually saw a lawsuit where guy was driving in the HOV with the corporate charter in the car and made the claim legally he had two people in the car and therefore was qualified to drive in the HOV.
if only he'd been transgender and pregnant...

you may be correct. It took over 2 years to get an IRS mistake corrected, in my case. I had to pay them a hefty sum of money to prevent penalties from accruing and then deal with incompetence over and over. Even my CPA was surprised.

finally got the money back and a "we're sorry" letter.

Two weeks later, we received a "We need 3 more months to review your case." After reading the thread below, I would not be surprised to get a "you owe us" letter... with accrued penalties.

Sounds like their parents consistently make poor business decisions regardless of their craftsmanship talent level.

Two things

Of course they pay taxes. It’s the fact that the cost of the taxes are just passed on to the consumer that implies they dont pay taxes as it realistically doesn’t effect their bottom libe over the average of years. Sure there years they actually have to pay but they just make that cost up next year.

I have two small corporations. I pay taxes on both. I price my work accordingly as to include the estimated taxes I will pay. AKA pass them along to the consumer. I cant pass along my personal taxes.

Last edited:
Two things

Corporations are people.

Income taxes are absurd.

Property taxes are worse.

government funding should be covered by war gains and trade tariffs and immigration fees :flipoff2:

Friends dad is an IRS auditor in Kentucky. He says the major metric they use to judge the success of the auditors is on how many audits they do not the success of those audits.
Yup definitely not focused on harassment and completely focused on real work. :lmao:

Don't worry, we're not training door kickers...
BeFunky-collage-2022-08-11T160848.525.jpg

Major Duties​

• Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
  • Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
  • Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
  • Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.
  • Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.

Top Back Refresh