What's new

WA '85-'87ish Subaru GL wagon

SuperAwesome

I'm An Idiot
Member Number
Just for grins, does anyone closeish to Vancouver WA have a GL wagon they want to get rid of? I'm looking for one not beat to shit and carburated. Want to use it for a commuter car. Blown head gaskets are okay.

Just get a Legacy. It's 5x the car unless you're looking to attract hipsters.

Fuck you, selectable 4wd with low range is way cooler than a boring ass legacy :flipoff2:
The low isn't actually low enough to do jack shit off road. It just makes a vehicle that was undrivable off road as driveable as an 80s SUV in 4H.

You're actually better off with an automatic.

The low isn't actually low enough to do jack shit off road. It just makes a vehicle that was undrivable off road as driveable as an 80s SUV in 4H.

Again I am thankful for your input. But I am looking for a GL wagon, nothing more and nothing less. I doubt I'll find anything here but it was worth a post. No skin off my back.

Shut your whore mouth, those early subarus were the last good cars they made.

6k+ rpm launches in 4low, slam to 4 hi, then through the gears always brought the smiles :flipoff2:

Plus when you loose 1st and 3rd gear, you can use low range as a splitter..... :lmao:

Shut your whore mouth, those early subarus were the last good cars they made.

6k+ rpm launches in 4low, slam to 4 hi, then through the gears always brought the smiles :flipoff2:

Plus when you loose 1st and 3rd gear, you can use low range as a splitter..... :lmao:
So good the later ones outsold them 10:1 or more. :laughing:

They're cool as a novelty but you gain nothing other than hipster yuppie points in a daily driver application.

So good the later ones outsold them 10:1 or more. :laughing:

They're cool as a novelty but you gain nothing other than hipster yuppie points in a daily driver application.

Ya, i get it. They were fun when they were basically free. I had an 82 wagon and 84 hatchback. The short wb of the hatch along with the welded diff made it like a SxS on trails.

Ya, i get it. They were fun when they were basically free. I had an 82 wagon and 84 hatchback. The short wb of the hatch along with the welded diff made it like a SxS on trails.
And now they're rare as fuck because of people like you doing things like that.

trailer-park-boys-bump.gif

Don't have Facebook. I'm a fucking Dinosaur.
All good. I dont either. Fawk spacebook and myface. But it's pretty easy for me to say Subaru GL Facebook Marketplace. Click images. Then I visit site and I'm in. I changed the settings for my locale and Bam I get a good couple minutes of marketplace searching before I'm busted. When I find something I want I call my buddy who has Facebook.

I might like the contact info the red one. Not what I was looking for but maybe if the price was right.

Top Back Refresh