What's new

'81 K20 front drive shaft from rock auto

JD Miller

Fake member
Member Number
Loc
Goober Idaho
'81 K20 front drive shaft from Rock Auto?.... Thinking SKP..... Which one/ Brand did you buy?

SKP
TRAKMOTIVE
DORMAN
CARDON
USA STANDARD GEAR

resized.jpg

Last edited:
They sure could be made in the same place.

My son bought a Dorman for his excursion, Actually both of my boys did and has had great luck. Quality, balance seems great and much cheaper than having something built locally.

Rebuild what you have or have a quality local person rebuild. Or just have a new one made.

You probably are getting a foreign built shaft with crap u joints.
^ This!

I bought a cheapo shaft last year and sure enough, junk Chinese u-joints. The cardan joints were one off Chinese, not replaceable with any American size joint..... returned/shipped it back, bought a used oem off eBay and rebuilt it at home.

My son bought a Dorman for his excursion, Actually both of my boys did and has had great luck. Quality, balance seems great and much cheaper than having something built locally.

I had the rear driveshaft on my K2500 go out and had to use a Dorman to get it back on the road (all that was readily available). It has worked, but has some weird feelings to it that I'm not happy with. I really need to do something about it.

I recently had a shaft built by Shaftmasters. Price was good and quality was great also. May be worth shooting them a call or email.

Dimensions on dormans website say thats just a 1350 an nothin special
I got that screenshot from napas website clicking through multiple 1350 ujoints. It was the only one that said for dorman shafts only. Oh well.

I dunno why it says that. Run the dorman part number and it gives you the lockup dimension. Same as any other 1350.

I want to say the oddball Ujoints were just a hair undersized on the caps. Been a while since I had one come through though

Rebuild what you have or have a quality local person rebuild. Or just have a new one made.

You probably are getting a foreign built shaft with crap u joints.
this /\ /\

Why buy a whole new shaft when a local guy can fix whats wrong.:question:

Top Back Refresh