What's new

79-88 RUF replacement?

maveric

Squirrel Spotter
Member Number
Loc
NW Colorado
My daily driver/crawler has a worn out set of 87 RUF springs. Finally bent beyond use with a couple broken leafs. I need to replace them with something similar. Truck sits fairly low, with 63's in the rear. The tierod/draglink BARELY clear with the Allpro arms and current axle location. I don't want to jack the front way up with lift springs, and can't move the axle back because of clearance issues with steering.

Is there an off the shelf option to keep the same axle location-hanger measurement? Not looking to dump a bunch into it since I will be tearing it down and building a new rig, hopefully this summer. I just want to wheel it a while longer.

PFA
14.png

Idk. There are at least 3 different size rears. But to fix the issues for low trucks, I limit the droop with straps. Have not bent a spring or broken one since. Once you lethal spring fan out and the axle starts walking forward away from the rest of the truck, you are fucked.

These are 2" medium OME rear springs on 37s. I've been really happy with them and they don't break the bank. Hard to tell where your ride height is in that picture, but I could probably pull a leaf on them and still be fine. All I did was chop down one underload and remove the other to compensate for the spring perch height difference. First picture is new vs the mashed flat all-pro springs from a little too much air time.
springs.jpg

sexy.jpg

Either find an OME Dakar that fits, or go on Truckspring.com and find an OEM replacement to build a new bastard pack out of.

You can buy stock rear springs new.. think they're like 150$ each iirc

Top Back Refresh