What's new

75 Hard Program

kf4zht

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Name is ghey as fawk, but anyone here done this? Heard a couple people talking about it and I'm tempted to start next week.

Basically you have a daily list. Everything on the list every day for 75 days. No cheat days, if you miss you start over. Should force you to build habits and focus, which I have been doing better but could use some help on.

There are a few "Base" rules and then a few others that different people adopt

1. Work out 2x a day for 45 minutes each. One must be outside (Regardless of weather)
2. Stick to a diet (of your choosing)
3. Drink 1 Gallon of water
4. Read 10 pages of a non-fiction book
5. Take a progress pic

The rest seem to change by person and plan
  • No alcohol (not a big issue for me, gonna skip)
  • Perform a random act of kindness (Given the rona has made this awkward, skipping)
  • Make a list of 8 things every day and you have to complete them (meh, maybe)
  • 5 Minute Cold shower

I'm thinking (Knowing what I do wrong and need to fix)
  • No phone/tablet/PC within an hour of bed
  • Have to fix/upgrade/etc one thing off my seemingly endless todo list. Chores don't count

Diet will be simple, I work better with simple
  • No outright candy. Dark chocolate at the worst
  • No cokes. Energy drinks and coffee are ok
  • No carb only meals (I'm really bad about being lazy and just making pasta or rice)
  • At least 3 fruit a day

So anyone done this? I'm doing far better about not feeling like shit after going to a doc, but I've been slipping bad recently.

First heard of it a few days ago from a guy on Instagram. Sounds like a good challenge.

by work out out side, do they mean lift weights and shit or does a 45 min bike ride count?

I’ve done 75 Hard. It’s really simple, there are no alterations. The add ins that you mention are part of phase one and phase two, of you don’t have a good understanding you need to listen to the podcasts on it. No alcohol is an important part.

It was good for me physically and helped me form some good habits. I’m 3 years without soda after having a pretty bad habit so just that alone has changed my life for the better.

You will realize how much you can get done in a day. You will also realize how big of birches most people are and their bitching and whining will really piss you off more than it already may.

I recommend it, but it was fucking hard especially working 10+hrs a day and having 2 kids. My wife and I did it together and there were multiple nights that we were working out at 1:00am.

Attachments

• 2D3801A3-7BA9-4BC8-A7A3-377645C2D192.png
    2D3801A3-7BA9-4BC8-A7A3-377645C2D192.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 62
First heard of it a few days ago from a guy on Instagram. Sounds like a good challenge.

by work out out side, do they mean lift weights and shit or does a 45 min bike ride count?
It’s not a challenge, it’s a program designed to build habits and form mental toughness.

Work out is a work out, walking, cycling, whatever. Bullshit like mowing the lawn doesn’t count.

I know quite a few that have done it and liked it. They all were happy with the results. I’ve been thinking about trying it but the two workouts a day is really tough for me with working 10-12 hour days plus 2 hours a day commute.

It’s not a challenge, it’s a program designed to build habits and form mental toughness.

Work out is a work out, walking, cycling, whatever. Bullshit like mowing the lawn doesn’t count.
I consider it a challenge. I think I’ll try it.

I know different personalities react to different methods, but any program that essentially says "you take a personal/cheat day, you lose" sucks for long term motivation and causes more people to quit after one lax day whether they are doing great overall or not. It also essentially rules out vacations and other festive days.

IMO you're trying to build self discipline to carry with you through life long beyond the program. It's good to reaffirm that you can enjoy your life while still maintaining overall discipline about your lifestyle, and it makes the transition out of the program back into the rest of your life less of a shock to the system that might cause you to fall back into bad habits.

Sounds like a lot of random shit.

How about just figure out what you want to improve and show some self discipline and get after it.
It’s basically a way to help people do that. The thought is that after 75 days it’s become a habit

Every time i see these fads i realize how bad people are at life.

Is it really that hard to eat healthy, exercise, drink water, and read?
Unfortunately for some of us yes it is. Or was. I fell into a bad cycle of unhealthy eating for about 10 years and it’s taking a lot of work to reverse the damage. Andy’s program is a little different. There’s no cost and no commitment. Just set your rules and police yourself.

The way I read the actual program is

everyday
one 45 minute workout in or out
one 45 minute workout outside
1 gallon of water
No soda
no alcohol
follow a diet
Read. 10 pages a day

day 1 is tomorrow, I just went on an elk hunt and felt like a slob, I need a good change,

I did it last winter/spring and completed it. Was awesome. I got down to my best weight and strength in a long time, could see my abs even...

First couple weeks was tough with work, wife and kids juggling, and I dealt with some crappy weather, rain and snow. Also first while you will always be running to a bathroom all the time to piss... Drink most of your fluids in first half of the day...

I am going to do it again.

The way I read the actual program is

everyday
one 45 minute workout in or out
one 45 minute workout outside
1 gallon of water
No soda
no alcohol
follow a diet
Read. 10 pages a day

day 1 is tomorrow, I just went on an elk hunt and felt like a slob, I need a good change,

Second phase he adds in cold showers etc... He has made it into a year round program with multiple phases.

The phone app is handy

Every time i see these fads i realize how bad people are at life.

Is it really that hard to eat healthy, exercise, drink water, and read?

Yes, i dislike water and feel like i dont have enough time in the day to work and sleep as it is. And i read on irate

Watch a doctor talk about how unhealthy of a “diet” 75 Hard is

It says they reached out to “the creator” with no response but Andy said he hadn’t heard anything from them. I bet he would have lo loved to go on their program and talk about himself and his program.

10 pages a day
what
do you want to be reading that one book for the rest of your life?

Watch a doctor talk about how unhealthy of a “diet” 75 Hard is

It says they reached out to “the creator” with no response but Andy said he hadn’t heard anything from them. I bet he would have lo loved to go on their program and talk about himself and his program.

When I looked into it there was no “diet” as part of the program. You are instructed to pick your own diet or meal plan and stick to it.

Top Back Refresh